No more children’s activity centers?

Bummer. Of course, just when my DD is old enough and finally potty trained. DOH!

Thanks for posting.

We used the Sandcastle Club once for 2 of our kids. We didn't even have to prebook it. I've noticed they're never too busy. I'm not surprised they are closing.

It's sad. We took our 9 year old to Lilo's Playhouse one evening so we could have an adult night out and he loved it so much he begged to go back another night.

When my DS was younger, his favorite WDW activity was going to the Sandcastle Club! He loved the activities and loved meeting new friends. During holiday periods, the club could get very busy. It's too bad. IMHO, they were really well run and I know DS really enjoyed going. It was nice to have evening date nights, too, knowing DS was having fun and was well cared for.

Camp Dolphin will still be an option. It wasn't quite as good as Sandcastle Club, but we'd use it again.

Our DD loved Lilo's Playhouse last year and was looking forward to going back on our next trip. She was really disappointed when we told her it was closing. I hope they come up with something else available at the monorail hotels, in-room babysitting is a great service but the social interaction and "night out" for both us and her was a huge deal.

I have a question regarding Camp Dolphin. I see on their website that they will give you 2 hours free if you eat at Il Mulino, Shula's or Blue Zoo. Do they require you get entrees at these locations or would drinks and appetizers suffice? Do they ask for a receipt?

Also, does Camp Dolphin have the same hours as the Sandcastle Club?

I have a question regarding Camp Dolphin. I see on their website that they will give you 2 hours free if you eat at Il Mulino, Shula's or Blue Zoo. Do they require you get entrees at these locations or would drinks and appetizers suffice? Do they ask for a receipt?

Also, does Camp Dolphin have the same hours as the Sandcastle Club?
Camp Dolphin is open 5 to midnight. The kids get several dinner choices.

For the promotion- yes, an entree is required for every child you have in the camp. Two children requires two entrees, three children requires three entrees (you can certainly pay out of pocket for additional children though).

Edit: Yes, you show them your receipt.

Camp Dolphin is open 5 to midnight. The kids get several dinner choices.

For the promotion- yes, an entree is required for every child you have in the camp. Two children requires two entrees, three children requires three entrees (you can certainly pay out of pocket for additional children though).

Edit: Yes, you show them your receipt.

Thank you! I'm thinking of going DDP for our trip next year, and we would have to pay OOP at those restaurants so I gotta factor that in. Can I also ask if you recall the cost per hour?

Thank you! I'm thinking of going DDP for our trip next year, and we would have to pay OOP at those restaurants so I gotta factor that in. Can I also ask if you recall the cost per hour?
$12 per hour; tips also seemed to be kind of expected- we gave one. I forgot that dinner costs extra- I think $10 per child. So, maybe not the cheapest rates (the promo helped a lot), but bluezoo was a wonderful experience :)

$12 per hour; tips also seemed to be kind of expected- we gave one. I forgot that dinner costs extra- I think $10 per child. So, maybe not the cheapest rates (the promo helped a lot), but bluezoo was a wonderful experience :)

Yes! It's definitely been on my list :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter