No More Adventure Handbook?

*WDW*Groupie*

DIS Veteran
I just received our box for the December 27th Peru ABD. There is no Adventure Handbook :sad2::eek:. Inside the box was a card that says "check the e-mail address provided at the time of booking for a link to download your Adventure Handbook. If you have not received an e-mail, please contact a Vacationista at...".

I do not want to print the handbook and carry around a bunch of loose pieces of paper with me. I liked the size of the handbook and how it was nicely bound. I am seriously 🤬🤪👎 at this recent development. Is this a cost-saving measure? I will be voicing my dissatisfaction with ABD about this latest round of cutbacks. This one seriously sucks, more than the cut in the gifts in advance because this is something that I used every day on the trips and now I will have a bunch of loose pieces of paper floating around in my suitcase. Not cool ABD, not cool

It's all gone digital now. ABD says it was based on guest feedback and not needing the spiral book. So if this is a change you don't care for, let them know so they can have guest feedback from those who love the books! I know I do!
I definitely will let them know. I used the Adventure Guide on every trip and keep them when I return. I am NOT excited about carrying around a bunch of 8x11 paper loose in my suitcase just so that I know what the plan for each day is. Maybe they should have an opt out option for those that prefer digital. I am not one of them.

With the price we pay for these Adventures, we should have the option of "opting out" of the spiral book if we want to save a tree. I want my book ! I use it before (planning), during (what do I need to wear today?), after (notations for my trip photo albums) . Someone mentioned checking into having KINKOS make a book with the printouts. Anyone try it? Not worth the $$? (It's bad enough for the price we pay for our 3rd person in the room, she has to sleep on a kiddie cot, I WANT MY BOOK!)
:headache:

I e-mailed AbD expressing my dismay over discontinuation of the Adventure Handbooks. Right away I got the canned response that my message had been received and someone would reply as soon as possible. That was a couple of months ago. Silence. I guess "as soon as possible" hasn't happened yet.>:(

I 100% agree and highly doubt the stated reason—sounds like cost cutting to me. We received on for our mid-July Japan trip and I think we were among the last. It was the one keepsake I kept and used.

We got one for our October London/Paris/DLP trip so this must be a fairly recent ahem "innovation." I do like the option of having a choice, which seems reasonable for the price point.

I agree. I reference the handbook frequently in the days leading up to my ABD, reference it every day of the ABD, use it to put together my Trip Reports, and pull them out from time to time to go over as a memento. I have every handbook from every ABD I've done! I really think either an "opt out" if you want to save a tree, or at least an "opt-in" if you really want the spiral-bound handbook. They're sturdy without being heavy, and the right size to fit in a personal item. This is SO disappointing!!

We got one for our October London/Paris/DLP trip so this must be a fairly recent ahem "innovation." I do like the option of having a choice, which seems reasonable for the price point.
I have spoken with a manager (who incidentially works for DCL and didn't seem to understand how ABDs work -- evidenced by the fact that she has never been on an ABD), who said that guests requested not to have a handbook any longer. I have no idea how they got this feedback since my last survey (in July) had only a few questions and no room for comments. I clearly remember that not having Adventure Handbook was not one of the questions.

Said supervisor said I could take my computer along with me and access the Handbook from there while traveling. I don't travel with my Mac (ever) and am not willing to take up memory on my iPad with the Adventure Guide. Plus I really, really liked the hard copy. Seriously this may be the last straw for me. Bigger groups, increased costs, service cutbacks. Enough. There is too much competition in the marketplace and I plan on exploring it. Our only trip left with ABD (after Peru) is Egypt next fall, which I will keep. But I will not be booking any more trips with ABD.

Supervisor said to e-mail my complaint and I fully intend on doing so. I have my doubts if my verbal feedback will be passed along.

I have spoken with a manager (who incidentially works for DCL and didn't seem to understand how ABDs work -- evidenced by the fact that she has never been on an ABD), who said that guests requested not to have a handbook any longer. I have no idea how they got this feedback since my last survey (in July) had only a few questions and no room for comments. I clearly remember that not having Adventure Handbook was not one of the questions.

Said supervisor said I could take my computer along with me and access the Handbook from there while traveling. I don't travel with my Mac (ever) and am not willing to take up memory on my iPad with the Adventure Guide. Plus I really, really liked the hard copy. Seriously this may be the last straw for me. Bigger groups, increased costs, service cutbacks. Enough. There is too much competition in the marketplace and I plan on exploring it. Our only trip left with ABD (after Peru) is Egypt next fall, which I will keep. But I will not be booking any more trips with ABD.

Supervisor said to e-mail my complaint and I fully intend on doing so. I have my doubts if my verbal feedback will be passed along.
What email address did the supervisor give you?

Sayhello

What email address did the supervisor give you?

Sayhello
abd@adventuresbydisneyonline.com. I knew she was with Disney Cruise Line when she first gave me their e-mail address and tried to correct herself when I asked why I would e-mail DCL about an issue I have with ABD. Oops. Her complete lack of knowledge about ABD was also a dead giveaway that she didn't work directly for ABD (she said she's a supervisor for both).

I am definitely going to e-mail them. I never got to let them know that I wasn't happy that the guides don't have cameras any longer. I wanted to put that on my survey after Japan, but no room for comments so I wasn't able to. Tomomi and James both had difficulty with my Sony A7III (the pics they took were quite blurry), so I was hoping their camera pics would be decent, but I wasn't a fan. For the first time ever I didn't upload any of the ABD pics this year.

abd@adventuresbydisneyonline.com. I knew she was with Disney Cruise Line when she first gave me their e-mail address and tried to correct herself when I asked why I would e-mail DCL about an issue I have with ABD. Oops. Her complete lack of knowledge about ABD was also a dead giveaway that she didn't work directly for ABD (she said she's a supervisor for both).

I am definitely going to e-mail them. I never got to let them know that I wasn't happy that the guides don't have cameras any longer. I wanted to put that on my survey after Japan, but no room for comments so I wasn't able to. Tomomi and James both had difficulty with my Sony A7III (the pics they took were quite blurry), so I was hoping their camera pics would be decent, but I wasn't a fan. For the first time ever I didn't upload any of the ABD pics this year.
Thanks! I'm going to email them, too!

Sayhello

I heard about this a couple months ago. Not cool. I really enjoy flipping through this during the weeks leading up to the trip. I’m sure most people are the same. There‘s not much left in the pre-trip box to get excited over now. What a let down.

Thanks! I'm going to email them, too!

Sayhello
My e-mail bounced back. I'll have to call back tomorrow and get the correct e-mail address.

I heard about this a couple months ago. Not cool. I really enjoy flipping through this during the weeks leading up to the trip. I’m sure most people are the same. There‘s not much left in the pre-trip box to get excited over now. What a let down.
I agree. I'd rather have the handbook than the cheap luggage tags they sent. Surely if enough people e-mail they will re-consider and send them out again. Huge letdown.

I'm not a fan of this change. I love having the handbook and kept in a side pocket of my travel purse. I used daily. I also like to keep them for my memory box.

The guest feedback excuse is one DCL has used for years whenever there is a change that removes something, so not surprised to see ABD using it since they seem to be under the same management now.

New day, new e-mail address for ABD given to me. Let's see if this one works:

abd.guest.communications@adventuresbydisney.com. Apparently the other one should work, but it is new and perhaps not tested.

Incidentially I still haven't received the e-mail with the link to the "digital" version of the handbook.
Thanks for the email address. How far away is your Peru trip (although it couldn't be much more than 2 months!)

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!