No Kids, Gnu Year! Ringing in 2018 at WDW! **Updated 1/11**

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by xlsm, Jan 6, 2018.

1. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

Cute! Even though I'm not a SW fan lol

I love all the HS decorations, definitely my favorite of all the parks.

On another note I'm so happy you and DH finally got to do an adults-only trip! It's such a good feeling, isn't it :goodvibes

2. piglet1979

piglet1979 DIS Veteran

We are getting this today. I left for work and it was 55. It will drop 40 degrees in 8 hours. However we are getting the rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow. My kids had a scheduled day off today but all of the schools including a few of the colleges are closed. I am not looking forward to my drive home.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

Nope, not behind!

I was completely in love with Corey Haim! When he died a part of my childhood soul was crushed. I always thought Feldman was weird, but probably a better actor. The movie was something special, LOL!! Oh, Lifetime! I never saw Feldman on Wife Swap, yikes!! I'm sure it was crazy!

I would 100% stay at the Hyatt again, it was a good experience, and the convenience factor really makes a difference. I think it helped us not be as tired the next day, and able to power through a 12 hour park day - which we never do!

It was probably one of the worst planes I've ever been on. We were on a small one on the August 2015 trip for the first leg, but this one was even worse. I don't want to be on one of those planes again! I was regretting not sitting on the aisle.

Your pictures of the Hyatt were the only other report I've ever seen with pictures and is part of the reason I wanted to book it. It made things so much easier I think.

Given your username, I think you will love it! It is really something - the music, the atmosphere...it's cool and intimidating and exciting.

Ugh, yes! We are not 12 hour park day people at all, so this was going to be a marathon day.

They're my favorite too. It just totally elevates the park, which I think is pretty already!

It was so nice to be there by ourselves. We didn't spend as much time in the parks as usual trips, but it was cold and just not an ordinary few days. It gave us an opportunity to relax, which neither one of us are very good at!

Ugh, yuck! Stay warm and I hope your drive home isn't too terrible.
    We got lucky (well, not according to the kids!) and only got a tiny amount of precipitation, so we had school. But it is like 12 degrees or something right now with windchill making it feel like 5. Negatives last night. Where we live, that is not a common thing. We don't even own winter coats, just light North Face and some heavier fleece. We always say we need to go buy them, but then the temps go back up in the 50s and we forget about it.

5. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Yay you made it to the park finally! Love all the photos. DHS at Christmas looks so magical!

6. piglet1979

piglet1979 DIS Veteran

We are in Northeast Ohio. This is normal. Last week the kids were off of school for 2 days because the wind chill was below -15. The ice does not happen as often though. That is the big worry today. I took the train in so hopefully my little 10-15 minute drive home won't be so bad.

On the trip report side. I love your report. I started ready the report for the trip you took with your mom.

7. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Today it's 60 degrees, tomorrow 28 and snowy, what is happening?

We felt like we waited forever too at ME! We Ubered to USO first on all our other trips this year, and Josh was like can we go to USO first next time?

Yay can't wait to hear!

8. kastoney

kastoney Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

I about died laughing looking at the furniture at the airport. I have never in all my life seen anything like that. Good news is if you ever get stuck there, I'm guessing catching a little shuteye will be much easier than traditional airports :P

Glad to hear you all enjoyed the Hyatt. We've stayed there twice and its always been a great experience. We've also eaten at McCoys and were very impressed by it. But with security lines being so long, we haven't done it in a while for fear of not making our plane.

I'm so happy to hear someone loves the MGM Xmas decorations as much as me. I was shocked, as its not my favorite park, but they did such an amazing job with the decorations. It's everything I want my Christmas to be

9. Sailormoon2

Sailormoon2 DIS Veteran

Yep, I was there than too, and I even had hand-warmers inside my mitts!

Love all the diffferent Christmas Tree shots, and nice artsy camera work there with the Ornaments!!
    I too was really (surprisingly) impressed with the decor at HS! Classic one might say??

10. wdwnut61

wdwnut61 DIS Veteran

First how great to go on a couples only trip :goodvibes
    That’s great flying first class love the xtra room and snacks
    Yea I’ve never seen furniture like that at an airport lol
    Thanks for posting your review and all the photos of the Hyatt
    Love all the Christmas decorations and the PP shot with the ornament

11. suse66

suse66 Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!

I love the start to your report and am all caught up now. :) How fun to do a couples trip! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

12. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

:wave2:So happy to see this TR. Can't wait to hear the details.