No Hurricanes Please- A Redemption Trip- November 2018 PTR-Updated 11/17/18 New TR Links

We are going to sleep in this morning until our 10:35 Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. I have heard so many good reviews about this breakfast so I look forward to trying it.
SO GOOD :) I hope you love it, but also that we all haven't overhyped it!

We will walk over to Magic Kingdom after breakfast and skate toward Frontierland for our first FP of Big Thunder Mountain. You guys know how much I love this. If there's not a crazy line, we will ride this until they get sick of us. @Araminta18, I'm thinking about you and your dizzying 7DMT adventures right now.
DO IT. :D

Speaking of FP, can someone help me? How do you get more on the app after you've done your 3 for the day? And can you get them for a different park? You used to not be able to do that.
It's super easy now (as long as MDE is working...*sigh*). Once you've used up your 3 that you pre-booked, you open the app and book more fastpasses for that day, just like you did when you pre-booked them 60 days out. You select the people you're booking fastpasses for, select the date, and select the park. And yep, you can book them for a different park (shoot, you could even do fastpasses in all 4 parks--prebooked ones at MK, then you could get a fastpass for Epcot, then once you've used that, get one for HS, and then once you've used that one, get one for AK). You can only book one more at a time, so you don't want to use up your 3 that you prebooked by say 2 pm, and then get an extra fastpass for like Illuminations, since that means you can't get any more fastpasses until after Illuminations and leaves you with no fastpasses for the rest of the afternoon. But yea, once you've used up your original three for the day, the only restriction left is 1 at a time. :)

We are going to sleep in this morning until our 10:35 Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. I have heard so many good reviews about this breakfast so I look forward to trying it.
I hope you guys like it.

Speaking of FP, can someone help me? How do you get more on the app after you've done your 3 for the day? And can you get them for a different park? You used to not be able to do that.
You can do a different park, it will ask you which park and who. It is easy.

Sorry to hear about your Mother's partner. I cannot fathom how hard that must be but you continuing with your plans is definitely the right thing to do. Sounds like better news on the health front for you though. I know surgery is never easy but hopefully it can give you some much needed relief. Hang in there.

SO GOOD :) I hope you love it, but also that we all haven't overhyped it!

DO IT. :D

It's super easy now (as long as MDE is working...*sigh*). Once you've used up your 3 that you pre-booked, you open the app and book more fastpasses for that day, just like you did when you pre-booked them 60 days out. You select the people you're booking fastpasses for, select the date, and select the park. And yep, you can book them for a different park (shoot, you could even do fastpasses in all 4 parks--prebooked ones at MK, then you could get a fastpass for Epcot, then once you've used that, get one for HS, and then once you've used that one, get one for AK). You can only book one more at a time, so you don't want to use up your 3 that you prebooked by say 2 pm, and then get an extra fastpass for like Illuminations, since that means you can't get any more fastpasses until after Illuminations and leaves you with no fastpasses for the rest of the afternoon. But yea, once you've used up your original three for the day, the only restriction left is 1 at a time. :)

Thank you for the detailed description of how to find more FP!!

I hope you guys like it.

You can do a different park, it will ask you which park and who. It is easy.

Yay! Thank you!

Sorry to hear about your Mother's partner. I cannot fathom how hard that must be but you continuing with your plans is definitely the right thing to do. Sounds like better news on the health front for you though. I know surgery is never easy but hopefully it can give you some much needed relief. Hang in there.

Thank you! I've felt a lot of guilt about going and leaving her alone, but she has insisted we carry on and have a darn good time, too.

All My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready to Go. . .

'Cause I'm leaving in a Terrain. I do know when I'll be back again. . .

Is that not how that song goes?

I'm up at 6:00 on a weekend. It could be because the dog pushed me out of bed, or it could be that we are LEAVING FOR DISNEY IN 3 DAYS!!!!! No, seriously, the little old dog pushed me to the edge of the bed.

Okay, as I just yelled for all of Disney to hear, we are down to 3 days. I just have to work Monday and Tuesday and I'm done. I also see the surgeon on Tuesday, but that's irrelevant at this juncture. So far, it doesn't look like a hurricane is going to wipe us off the grid of our vacation, though the forecast for the first 3 days is rain and scattered showers. It's okay, though. I have backup shoes and a Nightmare Before Christmas rain jacket. We will not let rain stop us. A hurricane, yes, but rain? We march on! I'm allowing myself to get a little excited, but not much. There is so much going on around here that I'm afraid we'll have to cancel.

I really did start packing last night, but I don't have all my laundry done. My husband's birthday is Monday so we were out all day yesterday to celebrate him. He says that he "doesn't get a birthday" because our wedding date is so close. Inwardly, I yell every single time "YOU PICKED THE DATE!!!!!!" but that's neither here nor there. So, we partied as we old souls do by shopping until we were dragging. He insisted I have my nails done for vacation and a few hours later, my nails are finely sculpted, my hair is shimmery and cut, my brows are waxed and (temporarily) tinted (um, I've never done this before but the lady said my lovely blonde eyebrows gave me no facial expression), and I even bought new lipstick and jeans that were 4 sizes smaller than before. I wear scrubs 5 days a week, and I'm super low maintenance so I felt like royalty having all that done. I looked in the mirror this morning and started thinking to myself in my groggy-shoved-out-of-bed state "hair as black as ebony, skin as white as snow, and lips to shame the red red rose." No! Gross! That's Snow White. I look like Snow White now? Nope, wake up, that's red in your hair not black. Whew!

Anyway, I'm determined to get all the packing done that I can today. Jason has Tuesday off so he said we can leave around 3 a.m. on Wednesday. I feel like I have so much to do that I can't remember to do, and I'll forget and then something vital will have gone undone or left behind. GAH! I have a list somewhere, but my brain is fried so that's no help really. I think I'm done with everything that needs to be done as far as Disney is concerned. I'm still trying to fill in those last 2 credits, though I'm not worried about it much. We will find a way to use them. I did manage to find a breakfast for 11/06 at Garden Grill, but the app crashed and I lost it. Hey, whoever got that reservation out from under us, I hope you enjoy your breakfast with Chip and Dale! Grumble, grumble.

Alright, lets wrap up this itinerary.
Day 9
Friday, November 9th
The Final Full Day

We have an early am breakfast at Ale and Compass, which I'm on the fence about. Ale and Compass doesn't get a lot of great reviews, and I'm not sure getting up at 6:30 to walk to the Yacht Club is really worth it, but I can still change that around if need be.

Our first FP of the day is at Frozen Ever After at 9:20. So, I'm not a huge Frozen fan. I think it's cute, and I enjoy it, but I'm not gaga over it. I do enjoy this ride, though. I feel like I've said this before. De ja vu before coffee. . .

Next is Spaceship Earth because, well, what else do you get for a FP at Epccot?

At noon we have a lunch reservation for Nine Dragons, which was originally a dinner reservation but we changed it and canceled Marrakesh.

Last FP for Epcot is Living With the Land, again. After that, we will say good-bye to Epcot and head over to the Magic Kingdom. I have no plans for MK other than doing those things we enjoy most before walking out to see the "See Ya Real Soon" sign one last time before it's time to go home.

We do have a very late dinner at Narcoossee's. We are finishing with a signature so we may break for a rest, and come back to MK in nicer clothes before going to dinner. I don't know.

Day 10
Saturday, November 10th
It's time to say good-bye
Jason says we can sleep in and leave when we want. He even says we can have a nice breakfast or early lunch. Usually, we leave out around 5 or 6 to take the long drive home, but he's being generous by allowing us more time. I have no plans for this day except being dragged back into the car and crying as I sadly wave a farewell to The Boardwalk.

And that's a wrap!

I'm going to try to pop back on one more time before we leave, but if I don't I want to say thank you to all of you who have kept up with this oftentimes grueling and tedious report. I appreciate so much your support about my health, and thank you for your wonderful tips and opinions. You all have made this journey to vacation planning so much better and more enjoyable! :grouphug:

Until next time-

Have a GREAT Time!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you come back!!!

I'm up at 6:00 on a weekend. It could be because the dog pushed me out of bed, or it could be that we are LEAVING FOR DISNEY IN 3 DAYS!!!!! No, seriously, the little old dog pushed me to the edge of the bed.
Woo HOOO!!!! 3 Days!

He says that he "doesn't get a birthday" because our wedding date is so close.
My youngest was born 2 days before my birithday and then our wedding anniversary is a week after my birthday! I always say that Gwen was trying to steal my brithday.

I'm determined to get all the packing done that I can today. Jason has Tuesday off so he said we can leave around 3 a.m. on Wednesday. I feel like I have so much to do that I can't remember to do, and I'll forget and then something vital will have gone undone or left behind
That is the part that I hate about packing. I always feel like I am forgetting something. Which is usually why I start collecting things like a month before the trip. Good Luck!

I'm still trying to fill in those last 2 credits, though I'm not worried about it much. We will find a way to use them.
It will be nice to pick something on a whim, I am sure!

He even says we can have a nice breakfast or early lunch. Usually, we leave out around 5 or 6 to take the long drive home, but he's being generous by allowing us more time.
This could be a good use of those last credits. Maybe check out another resort and get breakfast there.

Again, Have a great trip!!!!

So excited for you that your trip is almost here. Hope you got some packing done. I'm sure the next 2 days are just gonna fly. Have an amazing time! You deserve it!

Wow, many changes since I read, all sounds great. I’m glad the Dxddp is going to work for you! If you can save with it then do it! Have a wonderful trip!

Just a quick hello to say we made it! I tried to pop on at 3 yesterday morning, but my computer crashed. I've been awake for an hour anxiously awaiting getting this trip officially started, but I promised Jason he could sleep until 7. We are going to check in to The Boardwalk soon, head to Kona, then Magic Kingdom. See you all in 11 days!

Just a quick hello to say we made it! I tried to pop on at 3 yesterday morning, but my computer crashed. I've been awake for an hour anxiously awaiting getting this trip officially started, but I promised Jason he could sleep until 7. We are going to check in to The Boardwalk soon, head to Kona, then Magic Kingdom. See you all in 11 days!

Have an absolutely fabulous time! I hope to hear all about it upon your return!!!

Hi friends! I popped on to catch up on some reports while my husband is still sleeping. We got in after midnight last night and could actually sleep in today, but my brain said nope! I'm in Disney and there's no time to waste. Today is a no park day, but we still have fun stuff planned. Trattoria Al Forno for breakfast and afternoon tea at the GF. Also, we have been here nearly a week and have not had a single item from Food and Wine. We shall remedy that tomorrow!

Nothing from Food and Wine? Geez, we went two weeks ago and all we DID was food and wine. (To the regret of my wallet.)

Hope you had a great trip!

Nothing from Food and Wine? Geez, we went two weeks ago and all we DID was food and wine. (To the regret of my wallet.)

Hope you had a great trip!
Don't worry, we remedied that on the very last day. I wish it had worked out better, but we tried some great dishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!