No Hurricanes Please- A Redemption Trip- November 2018 PTR-Updated 11/17/18 New TR Links

What a sweet story about your pup, I admire you for taking her in and loving her despite the difficulty as so many people would not. Pets are family and family is not always easy but you don't give up on them! :goodvibes

Good on you for not letting your health challenges keep you down!

Aw, your poor dog! She's so cute--and so lucky to have someone like you who loves her so much. :)

I have a lot of health issues. I'm not saying that to dwell on them, but to declare the opposite in that I'm trying to regain my health. There are some things that cannot be changed such as autoimmune thyroid disorder and gastroparesis, but I can deal with it the best I can. With that being said I'm trying to get back in shape. I joined weight watchers to help me with the food tracking more, and I have a fitbit to ensure I stay active. I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time in a while, and I pushed myself as hard as I could. Jason is being very supportive, although he took me on a date last night. So, I may mention it from time to time on here because I want to make myself accountable. This is something I have to do for myself. No more excuses!

Good for you! You can do it! I found the food tracking to be the most helpful for me, but I also went through a bunch of "failures" before I was able to find what worked for me and stick with it. So don't get discouraged if you stumble a bit--just keep going. :thumbsup2

Oh puppies! They have to be so cute so that we don't abandon them in their trying times. We don't let Gantu out in the backyard unsupervised either as he can slip out. Gaston is too lazy to slip out so we never had to worry about it before. Our neighbor's dogs slip out a lot though so I have to get them back in their backyard as it seems to happen when they aren't home.

Glad you were able to find him!

Just a suggestion - have you tried trick classes or something beyond a basic beginners class with her? It may help develop the bond more. I know one of the trainers near me as a class calmed "zoomies to calm" or a 'reactive' dog type class as well. Since she had such a rough beginning, its always great to find something to direct her energy towards.

I bet the Edison will have something fun going on for Halloween!

Is the weekend nearly over already? Two days is just not enough time! I should be doing something productive right now like the mountain of laundry or working out, but my husband is with his best friend so I'm chillin with Disney movies, catching up on the boards, and watching TheTimTracker videos.
Ugh, I'm feeling the same way. Though my hubby is sitting on the couch with me reading his Disney site :-) We were out of town but it rained all weekend, so we did pretty much nothing.

So, she likes to wake us up really early in the morning with kisses. While this may seem adorable, it's not. Especially not at 6 in the morning on a Sunday.
I have one like this too. I kid you not he doesn't wake up until 7 or 7:30 during the week long after we wake up. But on the weekend, he has an incessant need to wake me up sometime between 5:30 and 6. And its only me. He literally head butts me until I wake up!

ellie-jpg.327019

Ugh, she is my weakness. I love her so. She is a rescue pup who lived in 5 states by the time I got her at 4 months old. She's been through the ringer.
Oh she is so sweet and lucky to have found you!

he is finally at the point that at night she will get in my husband's lap. People have tried to convince me that she is too hard, that I should have given her back to the rescue. I cannot and will not ever give up on this baby girl. She is mine, and I will love her for as long as we are together. She just needs a little encouragement, a little guidance in the right direction.
Hang in there. Mine was a rescue who had a lot of the same separation anxiety and eating issue. His separation anxiety has tempered over time, though he still loves to get his mouth on anything that belongs to my daughter. We had a lot of luck with 1 on 1 training sessions for him and us and it helped tremendously. He's now over 10 and a happy old man :-)

I joined weight watchers to help me with the food tracking more, and I have a fitbit to ensure I stay active. I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time in a while, and I pushed myself as hard as I could. Jason is being very supportive, although he took me on a date last night. So, I may mention it from time to time on here because I want to make myself accountable. This is something I have to do for myself. No more excuses!
Good for you! I'm trying to be better myself, at least with exercise - which I loathe, but it is so hard and not at all helpful that I have a runner husband with a naturally great metabolism.

What a sweet story about your pup, I admire you for taking her in and loving her despite the difficulty as so many people would not. Pets are family and family is not always easy but you don't give up on them! :goodvibes

Good on you for not letting your health challenges keep you down!

Thank you! You are so right- we do not give up on family! My husband came home and she just fell over in his lap like she was apologizing for running away this morning.

Aw, your poor dog! She's so cute--and so lucky to have someone like you who loves her so much. :)

Good for you! You can do it! I found the food tracking to be the most helpful for me, but I also went through a bunch of "failures" before I was able to find what worked for me and stick with it. So don't get discouraged if you stumble a bit--just keep going. :thumbsup2

Thank you, that means so much!
Food tracking is the most helpful, but it's also difficult for me to stick with it. I get tired of searching for the food on the apps and just give up. I'm trying to be better about that.

Oh puppies! They have to be so cute so that we don't abandon them in their trying times. We don't let Gantu out in the backyard unsupervised either as he can slip out. Gaston is too lazy to slip out so we never had to worry about it before. Our neighbor's dogs slip out a lot though so I have to get them back in their backyard as it seems to happen when they aren't home.

Glad you were able to find him!

Just a suggestion - have you tried trick classes or something beyond a basic beginners class with her? It may help develop the bond more. I know one of the trainers near me as a class calmed "zoomies to calm" or a 'reactive' dog type class as well. Since she had such a rough beginning, its always great to find something to direct her energy towards.

I bet the Edison will have something fun going on for Halloween!

Oh, her zoomies! She can go from 0 to 100 in 2 seconds. Yes, we have searched high and low for a good trainer who will work with her problems. I am not taking her to PetSmart or Petco because I don't think they can really help her with what she needs. She knows how to sit, she just doesn't want to. She doesn't have the patience to wait for a treat so she will jump and snatch it out of my hand. We have found someone who has a background in training police dogs so I think he will be very good for her. I have told him her story, and he seems to have the patience the to be able to work with her. It will be expensive so we're trying to save the money, but she is worth it. We crated her for a while, but she literally bent the bars on the metal crate and ate the tray on the bottom so, for her safety, we leave her out. If we shut the bedroom door and she can't sleep in my bed, she will destroy whatever she can find. As long as she has plenty of food, water, a blanket, the bed, and the tv left on she is okay. I'm tired of hearing that she can't be saved. Yes, she can. She deserves a long, happy life.

The Edison! I didn't think of that! Good idea!

Ugh, I'm feeling the same way. Though my hubby is sitting on the couch with me reading his Disney site :-) We were out of town but it rained all weekend, so we did pretty much nothing.

I have one like this too. I kid you not he doesn't wake up until 7 or 7:30 during the week long after we wake up. But on the weekend, he has an incessant need to wake me up sometime between 5:30 and 6. And its only me. He literally head butts me until I wake up!

Oh she is so sweet and lucky to have found you!

Hang in there. Mine was a rescue who had a lot of the same separation anxiety and eating issue. His separation anxiety has tempered over time, though he still loves to get his mouth on anything that belongs to my daughter. We had a lot of luck with 1 on 1 training sessions for him and us and it helped tremendously. He's now over 10 and a happy old man :-)

Good for you! I'm trying to be better myself, at least with exercise - which I loathe, but it is so hard and not at all helpful that I have a runner husband with a naturally great metabolism.

Doesn't she look like the sweetest little angel? That's how she gets me. I'm glad to hear yours got better. We have an 11-year-old dachshund mix who is a little diva, but she's fine being left alone. Just don't close her in a room or she'll eat the wall or the door or pull up the carpet. . . I guess they're like humans in that we all have our flaws.

It's difficult! I just ate some pizza, but I did track it on the app. Yesterday I worked out really hard and today I barely moved. I see a lot of progress with other people on fitbit who are doing well, which is inspirational. My husband is not a runner, but he loses weight really easily if he puts down the sodas for a few days. Me? I can drink water and eat carrots until I'm orange and blow up like a balloon. Men. why are they so lucky?

Time Ticks by So Slowly

Hi everyone!

We are finally within 4 months of our trip. pixiedust:

Work has been extremely busy these days, which is usually the case, but I'm about to have a major change in my job position. I was hired 5 years ago to work specifically with a new (then) nurse practitioner. She and I have been a team for 5 solid years. I know what she needs before she tells me. I know how she works. I have formed a bond and relationship with her patients. On Wednesday evening I was pulled into the manager's office and was told that an executive decision had been made to move me into a different position where I will be working alone by handling a schedule to myself and serve as a floater when needed. This new position will come with a pay raise and presents as a new opportunity for me. I will train my replacement. While I am honored by the faith they are stowing in me and my skills, I am also very sad to be leaving the position I have had for half a decade. There will be many pros to this change, but I will miss my old spot as well. The announcement is going to be made public tomorrow, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. I anticipate an overwhelming amount of stress is about to slap me in the face before this is finally settled.

Another bit of good news regarding my health is that my gastroenterologist has released me from scheduled follow ups. She felt like I had improved so much in the past few months. This condition is not likely to ever go away, but I'm trying to manage it. She is sending me to a surgeon who specializes in gastroparesis for other treatment options, but I'm just thankful to not be sick literally every single night.

So, I finally had the opportunity to sit down on my computer today and catch up on the boards. I am currently catching up on your trips while watching Maleficent and Hocus Pocus (because I have to watch Disney while I Dis. . . duh) and reading the really long thread on Toy Story Land.

I've also been giving thought to 'Ohana, but I don't think there is a reservation available during our dates, which may be a good thing. My husband jokes about how Restaurant Marrakesh is actually still an ADR.

I've been watching the Disney Fairytale Weddings special. Anyone else? Unfortunately, Mondays are my late night at work so I have to drive like a crazy person to get home in time. Don't worry, I don't actually speed or do anything road-ragey other than speak a few choice words to my road neighbors.

Also, can anyone tell me more about the events during Food and Wine?

Happy planning, friends!

Congratulations! That's great that your company thinks so well of you, even if it comes with the mixed emotions of leaving the old position. I'm sure you'll do great, but I wish you as even a keel as possible through the transition. :)

I've been watching the Disney Fairytale Weddings special. Anyone else? Unfortunately, Mondays are my late night at work so I have to drive like a crazy person to get home in time. Don't worry, I don't actually speed or do anything road-ragey other than speak a few choice words to my road neighbors.

I've been DVR'ing them! I love watching them, though I'd rather see more about the planning and the wedding itself as opposed to the romantic backstory of the couple themselves. And I'll be honest, it seems a bit dishonest, setting up expectations that if I planned a wedding at Disney they'd surprise me with something amazing like the Stanley Cup or whathaveyou, when you *know* that ain't happening. But I still enjoy watching it! :) My husband thinks it's ridiculous, but who cares :D

No info on Food and Wine, just sitting over here anxiously waiting for booth menus to be released! Good luck on the continued planning (and yay for Restaurant Marrakesh still being in play!)

Congrats on the promotion! I totally get the nervousness about the event!

Which event interests you during food and wine? Some may be sold out and there are a lot less events than normal this year (much to my sadness).

I can tell you about the events I’m doing:

Hibachi Experience - this is a multicour event that has a hard limit of 16 people. When I did it a few years ago, we had food that was paired with Saki, a beer, Wine and many dishes were prepared for us in front of us on the hibachi grill. Here is the link to that review:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...nus-epcot-night.3385336/page-11#post-54651708

Mexican Tequila Lunch - I've done this twice and it is well worth it if you like tequila both for the price point and the food.

2016 Review: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...plete-goofys-stk.3549889/page-2#post-56555929

2017 Review: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ng-fish-complete.3613730/page-6#post-58177168

Italian Beer Vs Wine - I haven't done the current version of this event. We did the event when it was just beer the first year it was offered - 2011. Now you get 5 courses of food and both beer & wine! My friends that have done the new version have enjoyed it.

2011: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ry-11-2-complete.2812265/page-4#post-43059649

I no longer recommend the culinary demos unless you really just want to do something inexpensive . Last year, they didn't offer any wine with the food so they increased the price and reduced the offerings. I've done a few beverage demos as well and just feel eh about them as well. Too much money to be sold wine for the sample size! I feel the same way about the Mix It Make It Celebrate It events. I've done a few of those as well. The Food & Wine Pairing event is new for 2018 but I suspect it is close to the culinary events prior to 2017 where you get food and alcohol!

Mix It Make It Reviews:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...lete-goofys-stk.3549889/page-10#post-56819484
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...rips-12-10-complete-goofys-stk.3549889/page-2

Champagne Seminar: https://www.disboards.com/threads/“...nolia-italy-trip.3644462/page-5#post-58543679

Party of the Senses really depends on how long you've been doing food & wine festival. I've done that event 5 times since 2006 and I officially am over it now (2013 being my last time) It's past my price point for enjoyment as I remember when it was $85. I know others that love it though. There are a lot less celebrity chefs than there used to be as well. Here are some of my reviews of that:
2013: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-trips-complete.3137573/page-11#post-50098093
2011: https://www.disboards.com/threads/“hey-bartender-let-the-whiskey-fall”-–-2010-f-w-report-12-8-3d-dessert-party.2556918/page-2#post-38476951

If you want to know about another event, just let me know. I've probably know someone that has done them!

Congratulations on the promotion! Change is stressful especially when you are going from a position you really enjoyed but it means a lot that the company believes in you!

Congratulations on your promotion. Though I know first hand that it can be scary. One of my mentors once told me you're never ready. You're never ready to leave, you're never ready for your next opportunity, but if you were ready then that would mean you weren't growing :-)

The best place to track the food and wine events is the Disney Food Blog website - she has all the details of all the events.

WE are also doing the Mexican Tequila Lunch on Oct 24th, and the Italian Regional Lunch (w/ Wine) at Tutto Gusto on October 22nd. We have never done either of these before.

Last year we did the French Farm Lunch at Monsieur Paul's and it was outstanding. All of these run around $100 per person - but honestly the French one was well worth every penny - 3 hours of food and all you can drink French wine - dinner at Monsieur Paul's would've cost just as much with only one bottle of wine, and we certainly drank 2 or 3 (well, i drank about 2 at least myself.) If you don't drink maybe not worth it.

@Dis_Yoda mentioned Party for the Senses and while it sounds great I think it runs near $200 per person and that is simply too rich for my tastes.

If you are looking for something cheaper, they have a lot of stuff at the festival center different food and wine tastings that run from $17 to maybe $25.

I have no food and wine tips for you, sorry. But I want to say congrats on the promotion. I hope it works out for you! Change is always hard.

congratulations on your promotion, and on your improving health! excellent cause for celebration :banana:

Getting caught up! Awesome upgrade to the Boardwalk, we stayed once in a studio there and loved it. Such a great location to be. The Boardwalk is so fun at night.

ADR’s look good, we love ending our trip at MK.

Congrats on the promotion!

Congratulations! That's great that your company thinks so well of you, even if it comes with the mixed emotions of leaving the old position. I'm sure you'll do great, but I wish you as even a keel as possible through the transition. :)

I've been DVR'ing them! I love watching them, though I'd rather see more about the planning and the wedding itself as opposed to the romantic backstory of the couple themselves. And I'll be honest, it seems a bit dishonest, setting up expectations that if I planned a wedding at Disney they'd surprise me with something amazing like the Stanley Cup or whathaveyou, when you *know* that ain't happening. But I still enjoy watching it! :) My husband thinks it's ridiculous, but who cares :D

No info on Food and Wine, just sitting over here anxiously waiting for booth menus to be released! Good luck on the continued planning (and yay for Restaurant Marrakesh still being in play!)

Thank you!

I'm a huge Twitch fan. I've been watching So You Think You Can Dance since I was a teenager back in Season 1. You're right, though, I don't think everyone is going to get those amazing surprises like those happy couples that are promoting the show.

Yes! I'm waiting on the menus as well.

Congrats on the promotion! I totally get the nervousness about the event!

Which event interests you during food and wine? Some may be sold out and there are a lot less events than normal this year (much to my sadness).

I can tell you about the events I’m doing:

Hibachi Experience - this is a multicour event that has a hard limit of 16 people. When I did it a few years ago, we had food that was paired with Saki, a beer, Wine and many dishes were prepared for us in front of us on the hibachi grill. Here is the link to that review:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...nus-epcot-night.3385336/page-11#post-54651708

Mexican Tequila Lunch - I've done this twice and it is well worth it if you like tequila both for the price point and the food.

2016 Review: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...plete-goofys-stk.3549889/page-2#post-56555929

2017 Review: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ng-fish-complete.3613730/page-6#post-58177168

Italian Beer Vs Wine - I haven't done the current version of this event. We did the event when it was just beer the first year it was offered - 2011. Now you get 5 courses of food and both beer & wine! My friends that have done the new version have enjoyed it.

2011: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ry-11-2-complete.2812265/page-4#post-43059649

I no longer recommend the culinary demos unless you really just want to do something inexpensive . Last year, they didn't offer any wine with the food so they increased the price and reduced the offerings. I've done a few beverage demos as well and just feel eh about them as well. Too much money to be sold wine for the sample size! I feel the same way about the Mix It Make It Celebrate It events. I've done a few of those as well. The Food & Wine Pairing event is new for 2018 but I suspect it is close to the culinary events prior to 2017 where you get food and alcohol!

Mix It Make It Reviews:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...lete-goofys-stk.3549889/page-10#post-56819484
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...rips-12-10-complete-goofys-stk.3549889/page-2

Champagne Seminar: https://www.disboards.com/threads/“...nolia-italy-trip.3644462/page-5#post-58543679

Party of the Senses really depends on how long you've been doing food & wine festival. I've done that event 5 times since 2006 and I officially am over it now (2013 being my last time) It's past my price point for enjoyment as I remember when it was $85. I know others that love it though. There are a lot less celebrity chefs than there used to be as well. Here are some of my reviews of that:
2013: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-trips-complete.3137573/page-11#post-50098093
2011: https://www.disboards.com/threads/“hey-bartender-let-the-whiskey-fall”-–-2010-f-w-report-12-8-3d-dessert-party.2556918/page-2#post-38476951

If you want to know about another event, just let me know. I've probably know someone that has done them!

Thank you for listing the reviews! I looked at the list on the blog this morning. There was nothing that I had any specific interest in, really, other than learning more about it. The Hibachi experience was interesting to my husband, but it's only offered once while we are there. It's something to look into for the future.

Congratulations on the promotion! Change is stressful especially when you are going from a position you really enjoyed but it means a lot that the company believes in you!

Thank you! Because this was a stressful week with us being short handed, they chose not to make the announcement, which means I'm sitting on a big ol' secret and I'm just coming apart at the seams, ha!

Congratulations on your promotion. Though I know first hand that it can be scary. One of my mentors once told me you're never ready. You're never ready to leave, you're never ready for your next opportunity, but if you were ready then that would mean you weren't growing :-)

Thanks! That's perfect to remember right now!

The best place to track the food and wine events is the Disney Food Blog website - she has all the details of all the events.

WE are also doing the Mexican Tequila Lunch on Oct 24th, and the Italian Regional Lunch (w/ Wine) at Tutto Gusto on October 22nd. We have never done either of these before.

Last year we did the French Farm Lunch at Monsieur Paul's and it was outstanding. All of these run around $100 per person - but honestly the French one was well worth every penny - 3 hours of food and all you can drink French wine - dinner at Monsieur Paul's would've cost just as much with only one bottle of wine, and we certainly drank 2 or 3 (well, i drank about 2 at least myself.) If you don't drink maybe not worth it.

@Dis_Yoda mentioned Party for the Senses and while it sounds great I think it runs near $200 per person and that is simply too rich for my tastes.

If you are looking for something cheaper, they have a lot of stuff at the festival center different food and wine tastings that run from $17 to maybe $25.

Thank you for the information! Yes, I looked up the Party for the Senses this morning, and I think one of the events was $364 or so per person. Goodness gracious.

I have no food and wine tips for you, sorry. But I want to say congrats on the promotion. I hope it works out for you! Change is always hard.

Thank you! I'm looking more forward to it now.

congratulations on your promotion, and on your improving health! excellent cause for celebration :banana:

Thank you! We'll celebrate plenty in November if it ever gets here!

Getting caught up! Awesome upgrade to the Boardwalk, we stayed once in a studio there and loved it. Such a great location to be. The Boardwalk is so fun at night.

ADR’s look good, we love ending our trip at MK.

Congrats on the promotion!

I'm very excited about the location and the close proximity to the other resorts where we have ADRs. This will be our biggest trip yet!

I've Run out of Witty Titles

Whew! I am wiped out. Is it Friday yet? Whenever someone asks me that at work I always tell them "closer than it was the last time you asked." I need someone to tell me this!

I've been plotting and planning and scheming about our trip because I never stop. So, for years, I've snubbed my nose at Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. It's nothing to do with the show but more of the food. I'm from the South. I grew up on my grandmother's fried chicken, veggies from the garden, cornbread, sweet tea, and everything they serve at the show. Homemade strawberry shortcake is a staple in my family. So, I have a high standard for Southern fare. I've seen review after review, but have I ever been interested? Nope. Then, I saw @ariane37 review it and found myself asking my husband what he thought about it. Now, he's interested. Also, all you can drink Sangria? Yeah, okay, I may could drink enough Sangria to justify what I can't eat like the salad, corn, and just a few bites of the meat. Jason doesn't know about the surprises yet such as the afternoon tea and possibly the Star Wars dessert party. If I judge all three by what I think he will enjoy the most, I think HDDR comes in 3rd place. I really think he will love choosing the teas. Star Wars is his favorite so I think the party will be fun. I don't know. . . HDDR is a possibility if I can fit it into the schedule. Then again, I don't know. He did mention whatever night we go to HDDR maybe we should skip lunch. You know what ADR I have for lunch on the possible night for HDDR? Restaurant Marrakesh! :rotfl:

I am trying to be conscientious of our budget. We did have some recent financial setbacks that cut into our trip savings, but it had to be done. Last Thursday, both of our dogs were admitted to the animal hospital. Our 11-year-old girl was bleeding profusely from her ear. She had some infection in her teeth that had gotten into her ear. Her ear was swollen, she scratched it, and poof! Blood everywhere. She had to have some minor surgery, but she thinks she is hot stuff right now.

As you all have heard me say before, our Ellie pup is a difficult girl. My baby started vomiting uncontrollably for several days. She was so sick she was trying to eat the carpet to induce her vomiting further. She wouldn't eat or drink. She stopped asking to go outside. She was so lethargic. She was even so pitiful that she would just come lay on me and let me hold her, which is not like her at all. She does not like to be held. Our vet was concerned and kept her. When we went to get her, he told us he did a blood panel, which was normal, but he really didn't investigate further. The techs stood around and told us that she was difficult. One of them even said she didn't "have the pleasure of dealing with Ellie today." Really? I know she's hard. I know better than anyone. But can you imagine how terrified she must have been? All alone in a crate without her family? She's lived in 5 states. Every time she's been dropped off at the vet, she has been put in a van and transported somewhere else. This is their job. If you don't have passion for what you do when you are caring for another person or animal then don't do it. I hardly ever get on a soap box about things, but this subject is very close to my heart. I can't turn away a difficult patient when they need help just because he or she isn't "easy to deal with." That's my job. I chose this. I chose to care for people no matter what. She is a helpless animal, and there are medicines out there to help calm her down so they can facilitate care for her. I'm just livid about the situation. She still doesn't feel well, but I'm getting all kinds of snuggles. This morning when my alarm went off she crawled up to me and just laid there and licked all over my face. I wish the vet could see her like that. Anyway, a whole lot of money later we still don't have answers and my baby girl is still puny. I'm sorry for my rant, but I'm very passionate about healthcare for both people and animals. I can't stand to see anyone mistreated or written off- whether that be an entity with 2 legs or 4.

Has anyone seen the 2nd Incredibles movie? We haven't yet. I'm not a fan of the first one, but my husband likes it so we'll likely go see it for him. I'm super excited about the Christopher Robin movie. It looks phenomenal!

Happy planning, friends!

Hope your fur babies get better soon! I know they bring us so much joy and sometimes its so hard to get answers when they aren't feeling well.

I'm excited for Christopher Robin as well! I skipped Incredibles 2.

Incredibles 2 was great - but I loved the first one. Christopher Robin could be good, not sure based on the trailers.

We did HDDR once. Not a huge fan - I do like corny jokes but it's almost a little too much for me, and to me there are things I'd much rather do for $70 per person. (For instance - practically any other Signature restaurant.) I wouldn't do it for the Sangria (it's pretty watery stuff) and the food is OK. Either you like that type of "down home" entertainment or you don't. If the entertainment appeals to you, give it try. (You can watch about 3 minutes on YouTube and get the gist of it.) Personally I much prefer Yeeha Bob over at Port Orleans Riverside which is a similar level of corny but that's free (well except the drinks).

Then, I saw @ariane37 review it and found myself asking my husband what he thought about it. Now, he's interested. Also, all you can drink Sangria? Yeah, okay, I may could drink enough Sangria to justify what I can't eat like the salad, corn, and just a few bites of the meat.
OK well now I'm going to have to go back to page 1! But I'm really glad you tagged me because I don't make it to the PTR page too often and I'm very excited to read this now :goodvibes
So the only thing I can comment on since I have to read from the beginning is HDDR. Hmm........as you know I loved it, especially this :drinking1 and I want other people to do it and love it! I'm just wondering if you southerners will find it up to standards :snooty: Now besides learning more about your trip, I'm interested to see if you end up booking this!

Hope your fur babies get better soon! I know they bring us so much joy and sometimes its so hard to get answers when they aren't feeling well.

I'm excited for Christopher Robin as well! I skipped Incredibles 2.

Thank you! I think we are on the up and up. Not going to lie, I'm loving my Ellie snuggles right now.

Incredibles 2 was great - but I loved the first one. Christopher Robin could be good, not sure based on the trailers.

We did HDDR once. Not a huge fan - I do like corny jokes but it's almost a little too much for me, and to me there are things I'd much rather do for $70 per person. (For instance - practically any other Signature restaurant.) I wouldn't do it for the Sangria (it's pretty watery stuff) and the food is OK. Either you like that type of "down home" entertainment or you don't. If the entertainment appeals to you, give it try. (You can watch about 3 minutes on YouTube and get the gist of it.) Personally I much prefer Yeeha Bob over at Port Orleans Riverside which is a similar level of corny but that's free (well except the drinks).

We've had plenty of experience with Yeeha Bob! I'm from Nashville, and I've seen my fair share of corny jokes and theme park shows. I've been to The Grand Ole Opry several times so I feel like that kind of entertainment has been ingrained in me since I was a child and is part of our culture here. I totally appreciate what you are saying and do agree with you about the cost. That is the main hesitation.

OK well now I'm going to have to go back to page 1! But I'm really glad you tagged me because I don't make it to the PTR page too often and I'm very excited to read this now :goodvibes
So the only thing I can comment on since I have to read from the beginning is HDDR. Hmm........as you know I loved it, especially this :drinking1 and I want other people to do it and love it! I'm just wondering if you southerners will find it up to standards :snooty: Now besides learning more about your trip, I'm interested to see if you end up booking this!

Yay! Ariane! Welcome!
Ha! Well, we Southerners do hold our Southern-fried fare to high standards. I will definitely let you know if we book or now. As of right now, it doesn't look like we have an open slot for it. We'll see what time may tell!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter