No Go Tastes Like Chicken Skipper Canteen

juju

DIS Veteran
On advice from the server, we ordered Tastes Like Chicken. The chicken was nicely cooked but the sauce that covered the chicken was awful. It tasted like cooked down soy sauce, so incredibly salty with no nuanced flavor at all. I’m a regular user of soy sauce so that wasn’t it. Looking back I’m not sure why we didn’t send back considering we couldn’t eat the crust just the chicken underneath.

On advice from the server, we ordered Tastes Like Chicken. The chicken was nicely cooked but the sauce that covered the chicken was awful. It tasted like cooked down soy sauce, so incredibly salty with no nuanced flavor at all. I’m a regular user of soy sauce so that wasn’t it. Looking back I’m not sure why we didn’t send back considering we couldn’t eat the crust just the chicken underneath.
I had the pork some time ago and it was two slabs of fat covered in the same brown glop. Don’t understand the good reviews for this place. My husband was excited to order the head-on shrimp and they had no flavor. I would have sent my dish back but the server didn’t check on us until after my husband was finished. She removed my full plate with no comment.

I barely had any sauce on the chicken so maybe that part is hit or miss. It wasn't a super flavorful option but it was nice and crispy with tender chicken and I definitely think of it as a solid option for a kid that's on the adult plan or a pickier eater.

I love the steak salad, I get it every time we go.

I was thinking about getting the tastes like chicken dish when we eat there, but after reading about the sauce, I am second guessing it. My DD18 is planning on getting the steak salad and I may have to do the same (this is one of the dishes that intrigues me). This is a restaurant that is out of my comfort zone so it has been tough for me to decide what I could possibly eat, but of course I am willing to take on the challenge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!