No fireworks in January and February?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by SOCALMouseMommy, Jan 2, 2018.

1. deedubb

deedubb Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!

Thinking about a mid Aug trip. I know almost everything about WDW but very little about DL. I read a post above that mentioned weekend fireworks. Do they usually do daily fireworks in Aug or just on the weekends?

2. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

Daily usually through the 3rd week of August then it goes to weekend only but with the special Pixar fireworks as the summer promotion I think those will be nightly until Pixar fest ends.

deedubb likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. sherilaine

sherilaine DIS Veteran

Fireworks now show for the evening of Friday, February 23rd. They also show for the evening of President's Day. Anyone think that is an indication of the end of Main Street construction or just that the construction might be further down main street by then closer to the train station?

5. tnzzz

tnzzz Mouseketeer

Main Street vehicles are still listed as under refurbishment so I am guessing they may not be done by then.

6. sherilaine

sherilaine DIS Veteran

I just saw that as well - I am guessing then that the construction area may just be further down main street by this time which would allow people to view from the hub and that end of Main Street.

7. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

They currently have both hubs blocked off so it seems like the section in between will be the last to be done.

20180112_113421.jpg 20180112_113715.jpg

kyrkea333 and tzeitel like this.
  8. tlcdoula

tlcdoula DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting the photos... I understand they have to do repairs etc but It still makes me sad to miss out on my favorite view walking down main street...

kyrkea333, EvangelineG and KAT4DISNEY like this.
  9. sherilaine

sherilaine DIS Veteran

Well hopefully that means they will have this done faster by doing both hubs first and then the street afterwards.

10. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

Oh man, wow. Both hubs. That is really an eyesore.

kyrkea333 likes this.
  11. jlnten17

jlnten17 Mouseketeer

Are they doing any work during the day (I imagine it would be quite loud), or are they only working at night after park close?

12. Federalist45

Federalist45 Earning My Ears

Both hubs? Now I'm really feeling bad for the Disney After Dark folks.

13. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

At first we thought they were not but when walking past the castle hub there was a large piece of equipment operating. The band was playing close by at the time so it wasn't too obvious but some small amounts of noise. Really not bad though and nothing else noticeable any other times we walked past.

sherilaine likes this.
  14. BayouQueen

BayouQueen Mouseketeer

Yeah...I'm pretty stunned. We have our tickets and I'm super disappointed to see the photos. So weird because the Disney parks blog talks about a DJ there at Main Street taking song requests, etc, etc. Notsomagical.
    We may have to extend the pre-party drinks portion of the evening.

:jumping1:

Edit to add that I think we'll reconsider our throwback party clothes. Might have to dress down more for the occasion.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    kyrkea333 likes this.
  15. Geemo

Geemo DIS Veteran

Hope they are working both day and night to complete the project.
    It will be nice to have the walls come down. Sure blocks all views!!!

As I've said in other posts, I feel for those on their first trip to DL. And those coming for the Once in a Lifetime trip.
    To have this be the view they see as the enter through the tunnels is sad.

Just hope Disney Work Crews have their act together and there are no snafu's.

Geemo

RedHotMama likes this.
  16. flyingjay

flyingjay Mouseketeer

Is it just me, or did all the Fireworks disappear from the DLR official calendar for Feb and the first bit of March?

17. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

There aren't supposed to be any fireworks until the start of Pixar Fest.

18. sherilaine

sherilaine DIS Veteran

They were listed for some time as being on Friday, Sat and Sunday after February 20th or around there. They were listed as Remember - I was kind of surprised to see them as usually Fireworks are not listed right away on the calendar.

19. tnzzz

tnzzz Mouseketeer

Yes they were on the calendar for end of February for sure. I checked too and they have been removed. I was looking forward to seeing them one last time before our passes expire too :(

20. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

BUMMER!!!!

21. sherilaine

sherilaine DIS Veteran

I am not as disappointed this trip - honestly they only run on weekends that time of year and they are often cancelled anyway - we got to see them several times our last trip for the 60th as they were every single night, even week days during end of Feb and early March.