No excuse for bad service on DP

ameraumi, thanks for the confirmation of what I thought was true.

I can honestly say that I have never had a really bad wait experience at DW but am prepared to, politely, complain to a manager if I do. Maybe asking the waitstaff if the DP is a problem might be appropriate first though.

It might be that some people are a bit nervous about the plan and that might be the reason for some of the problems?? I have gotten good seats and bad seats in different restaurants and on any given day you might feel slighted when you draw a bad deal as opposed to those glorious days when all is well. :sunny:

Slightly Goofy

TSM1993 said:
The bigger a mess or more demanding the patron the less tip they leave?

Exactlly I have noticed that. I have gotten bigger tips from people I have fussed with the least. I took their orders got their drinks apps and dinner went back checked if they wanted something refills cleared some plates went back and asked ir they wanted dessert if not left the bill with them at that time. They left me bigger tips then the ones I got several refills for and dessert for.

I served and bartended for years....I agree with this - the bigger butts they were, the less money I could expect.

The laid back, easy going, happy go lucky people tipped big.

Do the waiters get the whole tip or do they have to share with bussers, hostesses? I know some people who were waiters in restaurants (not at Disney) and they had to share it.

I don't believe there is any distinction between how the tip is handled (i.e. "shared") for dining plan guests versus regular guests.

We are just finishing our first experience with this particular plan and have had GREAT service on it. Some of the servers were Dori at Mama Melrose, Marsha at Sci-Fi, Jose at Coral Reef and Ashley at Raglan Road.

Our experience over the years has been that service on the plans is the same as off. We had one exception years ago with a real twit at Alfredo's. But we were on the Gold Plan there, it was many moons ago and I would guess he is history.

Really, do you think WDW would tolerate treating some guests differently? It is just counter to the whole WDW culture. :sunny:

BCV23, I agree that DW would not tolerate rude waitstaff IF they are aware of the problem.

Maybe when someone has a bad experience it is from someone who is new and will be 'outta there' really soon?

Another possibility is that you get what you give and if you treat the waitstaff politely and smile they might do the same.

Some people seem to enjoy the character interaction and/or horseplay and some do not so that might be a factor as well.

Slightly Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter