No Dreams Here

My wife wanted to say that she does have 1 child. :laughing:

On another topic, what is DH, DS and other "D" stand for? I see it everywhere, and I just cannot figure it out.

Thanks

And thanks for those who understood I just wanted to have a say.

:goodvibes

Disney Husband, Disney Son, Disney Daughter etc etc

haha i always thought it meant Dear husband, Dear son etc... haha

It means that too - I would never mean for the D to mean Disney because that doesn't make much sense to me.

When I put DH I mean Dear Husband

Both are correct... it's not specific as someones post only means what they want it to mean. :)

D equaling Disney applies for some since this is a "Disney" board. But "Dear" applies just as much since we all hold our family dear to us.

The WDWINFO list says DH - Dear (Darling, Disney) Husband

You can find a helpful list of Abbreviations for the Disboards at this link as well - http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

Thanks to everyone who was nice to me in this thread. :)

It really hurt because I relayed the story of how much my boyfriend and I loved Disney that we were going to the Keys, but turned the car around and headed for Disney World instead, so it really hurt not to be picked because I don't fit the definition of "family."

Somedays I just don't have a whole lot of tact because I was actually still pretty fired up about it and I had just gotten off a plane with a screaming child right behind me who screamed the entire flight across the country. Forgive me if I just don't find kids cute. Not everyone does. Not everyone enjoys them. I don't enjoy sticky hugs or drooly kisses. I don't enjoy trying to dechipher what a kid is saying and it hurts my ears to listen to their high pitched anything (laughing, giggling, screaming, etc). I don't find their lack of attention to things around them and the fact they don't watch where they are going cute. Most of the time I keep my mouth shut and don't say anything. Sometimes I just can't hold it in anymore. This was one of those times. Still don't quite think I deserved the harshness that was directed to me since none of it was directed to anyone's specific child.

And I still deserve the chance to go to Disney World just like I don't deny famlies the opportunity to go there. It is not just a family destination, it's an everybody destination.

No one should flame you or not be nice to you and I can understand how you feel to a certain extent because I know when I dealt with infertility for several years before adopting my drooling, sticky child, that I got tired of hearing the you will understand one day when you are a mother, or the why haven't you had children yet? It felt like the whole world revolved around becoming a parent and I had the opposite problem from you everyone acted like my world would not be complete until I was a mom and I my heart was breaking that it would never happen.

That being said wow you really come off over the top as having a very intense dislike for all children. You have to remember that alot of us here have the high pitch, giggling drooling, sticky, not very long attention span children and they are our hearts. So when you come off talking about them like that it does offend people. Yes Disney is a destination for everyone and you do not have to have or want children to enjoy it, but I am honestly surprised that you enjoy going to Disney as much as you seem to dislike being around children. Just remember they are human beings too. I am sure if someone posted on a thread talking about how they despise everyone with your occpuation or from whatever state you are from you would take offense.

We were 3 adults picked to be in the parade..... Of course it was not the family fun parade...but we were in the right place at the right time....also this last trip we won 3 official dreams and lots of extra nice things happened....We left the kids at home ...our trip WITH the kids we won nothing so it is just random

This still blows my mind how the OP can be upset not to be picked for a parade in which toddlers and very yound children march down main street beating on drums and tamboreens. Seriously, if that's what you get your kicks off of, it's time to check into a doctor.

We have been to Disney (World & Land) three times since the promotion started and have not received a dream. I stopped reading this thread just because I am just grateful to be getting to go to Disney World each time and I am thankful that my children and husband get to experience it with me. We don't go with the expectation of winning. When we have come home each time, we have such great memories of a magical trip. Getting to go to Disney World is a "dream" of mine as I did not get to growing up. I look forward to it and love to plan for it. I hope that each of your upcoming trips are magical--dream or no dream.:goodvibes

As a FL resident, I too have been several times (8 actually) during this promotion. On trip #6 I won a lanyard. :cool1:

I was so happy.:love:

For what its worth, I want to mention that I just got back today from 5 days at WDW and I saw not one person with a Dream FP, Lanyard or Ears. This was the first trip since the promotion started that I noticed such an absence of visible prizes.

I was surprised when leaving AK yesterday. We were cleaning out the rental stroller before leaving and Dsis asked me "Whats this?" It was a dream certificate that the CM's must have put in our stroller while we were on the Safari. It said our last name (which they must have gotten off our stroller tag) and "Most prepared for a two week safari!" I guess they were teasing about how much stuff we had in our stroller!:rotfl2:

As a FL resident, I too have been several times (8 actually) during this promotion. On trip #6 I won a lanyard. :cool1:

I was so happy.:love:

For what its worth, I want to mention that I just got back today from 5 days at WDW and I saw not one person with a Dream FP, Lanyard or Ears. This was the first trip since the promotion started that I noticed such an absence of visible prizes.

I was surprised when leaving AK yesterday. We were cleaning out the rental stroller before leaving and Dsis asked me "Whats this?" It was a dream certificate that the CM's must have put in our stroller while we were on the Safari. It said our last name (which they must have gotten off our stroller tag) and "Most prepared for a two week safari!" I guess they were teasing about how much stuff we had in our stroller!:rotfl2:

:lmao: That's funny! Welcome home :flower3:

I did read there are going to be more bigger prized added. I'll just prepare myself for that Cinderella's Castle night and bring my tiara with me next month. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter