No Disney Club Discount Rate, yet, for our trip

Pamlur

No longer a newbie. Still has a tag.
I just called the DC number to add yet another person/studio to our trip to BCV in September. The lady made the reservation, then said that there would be a $200 deposit; I questioned this because our deposits for the two 2-bedrooms were $100 each. In a very surprised voice, she asked "Oh, are you a Disney Club member?" I told her yes, and that every person I had talked to in the last several months had supposedly known this. She said "Your party isn't booked with the Disney Club Discount" and I nearly fell out of my chair! She put me on hold for quite a while, and then came back to tell me she got the discount on the new reservation but not the 2-bedroom villas yet.

I'm still waiting to talk to step-son, to make sure he wants to go with us (he's out of cell phone range right now). But when I call them back to either approve the deposit or cancel his studio, I WILL be talking to a supervisor to see why I was never given this little tidbit of information before. My original reservations were made in November, 2002; in December I added the Silver Plan; in March, 2003, I removed the Silver Plan. Today was the fourth or fifth time I have talked to them, and while they acknowledged my membership, they never mentioned that the discounts weren't released yet. (She told me to call back in mid-May).

Hi!

You may have gotten a new CM who wasn't sure what they were talking about.

If I'm not mistaken, Disney Club discounts come out all at once for the entire year. Since the Disney Club is going away at the end of December, there won't be anymore discounts released. The CM may have been thinking of Annual Pass discounts or some of the discount codes that are only released a few months in advance. Or, there may not have been any of your particular room type available with a discount since there are only a limited number of rooms released for discount. Definitely call back and speak with someone different!

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I live outside Memphis! I've talked to stepson, he DOES want to go, so I'm going to call back now and authorize the deposit. I will definitely ask to speak to a supervisor, although the lady said she was talking to her supervisor.

Thanks.

Well HI neighbor! I guess it really is a small world after all!!!

I believe that all of the Disney Club rates (for this year) were released in the fall of last year. I don't know if the search feature is working but if so, you can do a search on it to see. There were quite a few posts to let everyone know when they came out.

I've found that some CM's definitely know what they're talking about and others seem to make it up as they go along;) If they tell you that there are no rooms available at the discounted rate, keep calling back... there's always a chance that someone will cancel or more rooms might become available. We've done that several times!

Enjoy this great weather we're having!!

Kelly

Well, I called back and talked to somebody who really seemed to know what she was talking about; she said that it's very difficult to get any discount on the villas, but that it isn't impossible. I'm not unhappy with the rates we have, but I'll keep trying to get them lowered.

I didn't even know Disney Club existed until November, so I'm thrilled to have gotten the villas at all. I had hit stone walls every way I turned, until a friend clued me into the DC.

Sounds like you got good, sound advice! Definitely keep checking back. Watch this board as well as www.mousesavers.com for any new discount codes that may come out. I didn't think about the Villas not being discounted very often but I can understand why that might be. These boards are a great source of advice though, if there's a way to do it, you'll definitely hear about it here!!

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter