No Capes! - Rowan's Training Journal

rowan1813

Disney Princess since birth
Hi all!!!! After reading so many training journals here on the DIS, I have decided to jump in and join everyone. My purpose for this is to mainly use it as a way to keep me honest and I hope to update this every day with my daily workout. Comments are very welcome and I hope I get to meet every one of you at some point at a RD event.

A little about me:

Profile picture.jpg

My name is Katie and I am 28 years old. I am a high school social studies teacher in the Central Valley of California. I currently teach Freshmen Studies classes and U.S. History although I am hoping to teach AP European History and U.S. History next year.

The last 2 years of my career has been spent as the Activities Director for my school. I was responsible for all activities on my campus and in charge of the Leadership students who made everything possible. I absolutely loved my Leadership babies (I considered them my kids since I saw them more often than their parents did due to all of the activities that we put on :lmao:) and we were able to accomplish amazing things on our campus and for our students.

My health, however, suffered. Since I was spending so much time at school and with my kids, I didn't eat right, often eating out, and I definitely didn't exercise more than lifting speakers and putting up decorations at assemblies and football games.

Now that I am no longer the activities director, I have time to actually take care of myself again. I am trying to eat right and I stumbled across the RunDisney section of the DIS last April. I signed up to do the Captain America 5K as part of the Avengers Half Marathon weekend last November and absolutely loved my experience!!!!!

Avengers.jpg

Avengers 2.jpeg

I am currently signed up for the Disneyland 5K and in the process of signing up for the 10K. One of my BFFs (Fauna in the picture below) is signed up to run the 5K with me and I hope that I am able to talk her into more race weekends as time goes on.

Non-RunDisney info:
I am a big Disney fan!!! I have been since I was a little girl and it has only grown. I go as often as my wallet can afford to let me go. :rotfl2:Unfortunately, it is growing more and more expensive to go but I hope to be able to keep up with RD events.

I will always go for Grad Nite (I am my school's coordinator) and will always go for Halloween. My best friends and I have been going to MHP for the last 5 years now. I am Flora.

Halloween.jpg

I have also joined the Hogwarts Running Club that I found out about here on the DIS and am part of the Ravenclaw house if anyone wants to say hi there.

I am hoping with all of this, I will be able to get myself back in better shape and have a fun hobby.

Thank goodness I started this journal! I was so ready to not go out for my walk yesterday. It has been very cold here and it was very windy yesterday (yes, I am wuss when it comes to the weather :lmao:). I thought about this journal and being honest and staying accountable - that totally motivated my butt to get outside.

My stats -
1.53 miles, 31:53 min. 20:49 min/mi

I ran into a friend of mine from school that I had no idea lived near me and got to talking but I didn't stop my MapMyRun time so that's why I have a 20:49 min/mi. It should be around 17 min/mi right now. I am trying to get faster but it's taking me a little bit.

I have talked with a friend at school who is a Team Beachbody coach and I have asked her to get me the Country Heat DVDs. I realized I need to build up my cardio badly and I hope by dancing around, it will be more entertaining than just doing Richard Simmons videos from the 80s. :banana::rotfl2:

Well... I'll admit it, I was bad yesterday. I left school yesterday with a bad headache and a lot of pressure in my ears (not sure if it is allergies or I am getting sick due to all of the germs that I am surrounded by every day). So I had no energy or desire to walk at all.

That's alright. I'm not going to beat myself up about it - somethings life gets in the way. This afternoon, I am going out to commiserate with a friend who has had a really bad day.

I will try to do better tomorrow.

On a related note - I really want to run in the Princess Half Marathon races at some point!!! I love all of the pictures I am seeing! Congratulations to everyone who is running this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter