No big changes drawing in a crowd this Summer

lala5176

DIS Veteran
We visit every summer and I think this is the first in a while that we have nothing new to look forward to. Am I missing something or is that accurate? Not that it matters, we love repeating our old favorites year after year but it’s always exciting to see something new :love:

The only thing I can think of is the nighttime projection show at Hollywood. But that seems like it won't be that big of a deal.

We visit every summer and I think this is the first in a while that we have nothing new to look forward to. Am I missing something or is that accurate? Not that it matters, we love repeating our old favorites year after year but it’s always exciting to see something new :love:

A number of small things - like the Incredibles taking over Pixar Place are DHS, new Move it, Shake it, Mouskadance it parade/party

Also not sure if these mint of BatB singalong in France ... things like that

Big stuff is for the fall - and thus the free dining promotion for summer

Not much is happening unless you're obsessed with various random color schemes. You've heard of Millennial Pink, Rose Gold and various random iridescent colors. Wait till you get a load of Antique Brass and Electric Banana.

Haha you can't expect something huge EVERY summer.
There are TONS of things coming just not much in time for this summer which honestly is great in my opinion because it may mean low crowds.
I think the new HS projection starts in May?
The Runaway Railroad isn't until "fall" and SWGE isn't until "late fall".
The gondolas is probably "fall".
I thi8nk the Riviera resort is supposed to be "fall " as well.
Illuminations ends in the summer and Epcot Forever starts in "fall".
The new full time Epcot nighttime show that I can't think of the name of right now will start "early 2020".
Summer 2020 is going to see Ratatouille.
Then 2021 you've got the GOTG coaster.
I can't remember if they've given a time frame for the Space restaurant or not but we've got that to look forward to at Epcot.

Like I said TONS of thuings just not tons of new things this summer.

It was only a few years ago when it seemed Disney wasn’t doing anything at all year round. They were pumping money into places like Paris and Shanghai instead of DW. I,m very happy with what has been going on as of late and in the near future. Hopefully it continues long after the 50th celebration.

I am actually looking forward to my early Fall trip since there won't be a lot of pressure trying to get to see a bunch of new things.

Similar feeling for my late August trip - though evening sget used up quick with wanting to see the new show at DHS and then say goodbye to Illuminations a few times

Not much is happening unless you're obsessed with various random color schemes. You've heard of Millennial Pink, Rose Gold and various random iridescent colors. Wait till you get a load of Antique Brass and Electric Banana.
Lol

Haha you can't expect something huge EVERY summer.
There are TONS of things coming just not much in time for this summer which honestly is great in my opinion because it may mean low crowds.
I think the new HS projection starts in May?
The Runaway Railroad isn't until "fall" and SWGE isn't until "late fall".
The gondolas is probably "fall".
I thi8nk the Riviera resort is supposed to be "fall " as well.
Illuminations ends in the summer and Epcot Forever starts in "fall".
The new full time Epcot nighttime show that I can't think of the name of right now will start "early 2020".
Summer 2020 is going to see Ratatouille.
Then 2021 you've got the GOTG coaster.
I can't remember if they've given a time frame for the Space restaurant or not but we've got that to look forward to at Epcot.

Like I said TONS of thuings just not tons of new things this summer.
Guess we’ll have to hold our breath for all that until our next trip.
But good point about the possibility of lower crowds party:

Summer is slowly becoming Fall as far as crowds are concerned. We used to do September but I don't want to pull my girls out of school anymore. We thought long and hard about doing a summer trip before our Christmas trip but the girls wanted to go to the beach since they have never seen the ocean so we're doing Disney's Hilton Head in August.

Rafinki’s Panet Watch re-opens in the Spring if you like the Disney Goats.

I’m not sure what (if anything) they’re doing to change it, but I’ll be checking it out in May.

Fine with me. I’m hoping everyone else waits till fall to visit so I can have manageable lines

Me too! We're going in July. There are still so many of the older things that will be new to us that it doesn't even matter. We haven't been to Pandora or Toy Story Land yet. We only did MK and Epcot on our last trip two years ago. So I'm actually happy that we're going to miss the busy Fall season.

Me too! We're going in July. There are still so many of the older things that will be new to us that it doesn't even matter. We haven't been to Pandora or Toy Story Land yet. We only did MK and Epcot on our last trip two years ago. So I'm actually happy that we're going to miss the busy Fall season.

We went last July for the first time in 5 years. It was right after TSL opened but our first time to see Pandora & even 7DMT. It was wonderful crowd wise (with a smart plan). I’m willing to bet crowds will be comparable this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter