No Beans Chili

Kirby

DIS Veteran
I'm hosting a game night with friends in January and am looking for a chili recipe with no beans. I have one we like with beans but some of the attendees do not like beans in their chili. I did a search on this thread and there's too many posts to go through since "chili" also brings in recipes with chili powder.

Sure, I can find one on line somewhere but I would like a recommendation, one that someone here has made and declares good. I could also just open a can of Wolf Brand Chili but I would rather not.

So, what is your favorite no bean chili recipe?

arminnie

<font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br
Wick Fowler’s 3 alarm chili mix. You can also tone it down to false alarm. Beans are optional - and not usually used in Texas chili. Wick Fowler won some of the original chili cook off championships

If you can’t find the mix - although it is now available across the USA- there are copycat recipes via the internet.

Just realized that this is a zombie post.

NYCgrrl

DIS Veteran
Have made this for camping trips and at home "Stupor Bowl Sunday" get-togethers (freezes beautifully):

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/true-texas-chili-355049

There are 3 got to have ingredients to my way of thinking:

Dried chili peppers from a reputable source; I get mine from the Spice House online.
Lard or beef suet. I stay away from the Crisco version and visit my local butcher, who supplies the lard pre-made or just the raw ingredients to make myself.
Masa harina.
Sometimes I cut back on the brown sugar to half...really depends on how strong the vinegar is that I'm using.

I'll admit that when I canna find queso fresco I just use sour cream for my gringa friends;).

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates