No availability

NooNoo

Earning My Ears
So I am planning a trip for Nov 2019. I have booked VBR, OKW so far. At this time there is NO AVAILABILITY in any resort from 6th to 10th Nov!!!!!!
If I have to pay to stay offsite when I have the points available I am not going to be happy.
I have waitlisted some resorts - what do people think my chances of getting in somewhere are?

I spoke to Member Services and they just said it's due to Star Wars opening, Food and Wine etc. and to waitlist.

I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come!

Alas I fear it will a shape of things to come. We go at Christmas and own at AKL. I always book at 11 months out and change if need be (and where possible) at 7 months.

November December are times when I personally would only ever book home resort they are always busy

There will have been wait lists in since the 11 month window I wouldn't count on one coming through

I can't always book at 11 months out due to work.
I am fearing more and more that this is the shape of things to come as the only thing that has changed since I booked last time at 5 months out is that Star Wars will have opened. I always go at busy times when there are things to consider such as flower/garden, halloween, toy story opening, pandora opening, food/wine, marathon, holiday etc.
I am really hoping it isn't going to be an ongoing problem as this is going to totally change my DVC opinion and mean that it will be pointless for me to own tbh.

This morning a standard view studio at BWV was available for 3nt 5th-8th nov. The dates are gone now. So rooms do open up you just have be stalking the dates and WL'ing. When setting up a WL dont WL you entire trip as that would most likely get you nothing.

Another thing to have in mind. When booking WDW from late sept to mid january you really need to book 11 months out otherwise there is a big risk that you get nothing.

If it was me, I would setup a WL for two single days on top I would get a cash stay (if available so late in the game) If/when one of the single days matches I would setup a new WL again for on of the remaining days. Pick the days that is most likely to match.

Furthermore I would WL at either SSR, OKW or AKV those are the largest resorts.

Additionally I would stalk the RAT multiple times each day.

I would stalk the website. We couldn't get the dates we wanted (2 days short at the end of our vacation). I waitlisted but stalked anyway. I saw my dates come up before we got a response on the waitlist so used 2 laptops to cancel the waitlist on one and book on the other. Bit old school but worked a treat.

Food and Wine Festival has also been extended this year. It's a tough time to get something (especially studios) after the 7 month window opens. You didn't say what resort you are trying to book. Are you open to any onsite resort?

Honestly I just purchased 175 points from Disney in April and I am strongly regretting my decision. You literally have to be at your computer at 8am 7 months in advance in hopes to get the hotel you want. The DVC room inventory is significantly below the amount of members and points that have been sold. It is way out of proportion. Disney really has some act, basically robbing people blind. I am also going the week of Nov. 9th 2019 and need a 2nd room. I have been wait listed for months and NOTHING is available for points, only for purchase!! Disney needs to start valuing their members.

Yes one family who paid ALOT of money for a DVC membership. Clearly, as stated before, the inventory available is far less than the amount of members and points. It is significantly disproportionate. I have been traveling to Disney for 36 years. Just about every year, and they get more and more corrupt every year. It is so sad.

I have waitlisted 2 resorts - OKW and AKL
I Will stay anywhere as long as it’s a studio.
Still haven’t managed to get anything. Thinking of paying oop and going to somewhere on the east coast for a few days instead

Honestly I just purchased 175 points from Disney in April and I am strongly regretting my decision. You literally have to be at your computer at 8am 7 months in advance in hopes to get the hotel you want. The DVC room inventory is significantly below the amount of members and points that have been sold. It is way out of proportion. Disney really has some act, basically robbing people blind. I am also going the week of Nov. 9th 2019 and need a 2nd room. I have been wait listed for months and NOTHING is available for points, only for purchase!! Disney needs to start valuing their members.
Disney did NOT oversell the DVC points to room ratio. What has happened, IMO, is the the system was initially designed for larger contracts. The original buy in was 230 points. Now with many members having less than 100 points there is much more competition from a higher number of members all trying to book the same accomodations at the same time. For instance, rather than having 10 members with 300 points vying for a room, there are now 30 members, with 100 points, vying for the room. The point to room ratio did not increase, but the number of members wanting that room increased 300%.

Thus, the key for DVC, as it really has always been, is book early, book early, book early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts