No AC in Yellowstone!!

HappyGrumpy

DIS Veteran
So I know it's only 2 days but I just read at the Yellowstone resort we are staying in that they do not have AC! It says it right on the website! AC is very important to both me and the husband b/c of our sinus issues it allows us to breathe and sleep easier at night. He looked at me last night and was like I thought this was a Disney trip why would put us in a resort with no AC?

I could understand if this was Europe but it's not and I am a little FREAKED :scared1:out about any other important( at least important to us) that I am going to get that look of "we paid 5k for what?"

Can anyone speak to this!! We travel August 25th!

So I know it's only 2 days but I just read at the Yellowstone resort we are staying in that they do not have AC! It says it right on the website! AC is very important to both me and the husband b/c of our sinus issues it allows us to breathe and sleep easier at night. He looked at me last night and was like I thought this was a Disney trip why would put us in a resort with no AC?

I could understand if this was Europe but it's not and I am a little FREAKED :scared1:out about any other important( at least important to us) that I am going to get that look of "we paid 5k for what?"

Can anyone speak to this!! We travel August 25th!

Well, the average temps at the end of August for Yellowstone are the mid 60's during the day and mid 30's, that's right 30's, at night. Not sure you'll need the A/C, if anything you might need some heat!

I just checked weather.com. two minutes ago and it's now a balmy 36 degrees in Yellowstone - bring out your mittens!

I don't think any of the hotels in Yellowstone have AC. I was there last last summer for 2 weeks in June and it snowed most of the time. DH husband worked there last summer from April-Sept and he said it was only warm for about 2 weeks in July.

I believe that you are going to get your money's worth, just realize that when visiting places like national parks the accomadations offer a different experience than hotels in cities. For example many hotels in NP's don't have TV's or even telephones.

If it is a health issue, then you may want to re-think the trip, but I would not worry about the cost. Once you get to you there you will be blown away. It is really amazing how beautiful our country is.

I don't think any of the hotels in Yellowstone have AC. I was there last last summer for 2 weeks in June and it snowed most of the time. DH husband worked there last summer from April-Sept and he said it was only warm for about 2 weeks in July.

Well, the average temps at the end of August for Yellowstone are the mid 60's during the day and mid 30's, that's right 30's, at night. Not sure you'll need the A/C, if anything you might need some heat!

I just checked weather.com. two minutes ago and it's now a balmy 36 degrees in Yellowstone - bring out your mittens!

Ok I feeel so much better you have NO idea! My house temp is set at 68 right now. I know it's a meat locker but that is our deal! I was having visions of being out hiking all day and in the warm August and not being able to retreat to our rooms for a good night sleep with out baking!!!

I know I sound like an idiot and I know that no trip is perfect I just needed some reassurance from some of the "elders" in the ABD thread!
:thumbsup2

Thanks so much

My teenage kids just came back from Yellowstone with their grandparents while we went to WDW. I was looking at their pics last night and they had shorts on but wore sweatshirts. I don't think AC would be an issue.

I live in Colorado at 8,000 feet the temp currently is 65.

Thanks you guys, I was in Arizona in 1997 & 98 volunteered each of those years to spend 1 week on top of a mountain at camp at a Navajo Indian Reservation. Hot during the day Very Chilly at night.

I know Arizona is south of Wyoming separated by 2 states I just needed some reassurance that I am not going to be sweat in my sleep!! So I appreciate all your feedback.

We just returned from our Quest for the West, and their is no AC in any hotels at Yellowstone, or at Brooks Lake Lodge. Brooks Lake is at 9500 feet and our low was 37, so we actually had to turn the heat on. The Snow Lodge rooms were stuffy, to be on honest, on our first night there. The highs had reached around low 80's that day, and the Lodge is winterized, because it is the only hotel open in winter. Some of the windows had to be opened by the staff because they had been sealed shut. However, they did that quickly. Their is a small fan in the room, and most people slept with their window open. The second day was no problem because it was cooler and rained in the evening. Disney does put its guests on the first floor which does help with any heat issues. The second and third floors are probably worse. So, to summarize it wasn't reallly hot, but it can be warm in the rooms depending on the weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter