No 4 person cabins on March 24, 2019 Wonder Cruise

MillauFr

Buzz & Woody
Any idea on why no cabins that accommodate 4 people are showing up when I search for the March 24, 2019 Wonder cruise? I search for 3 people and plenty of cabins show up. Of those that show up I've looked at cabin reviews and people are reporting that those cabins accommodate 4 people.

Is it just a certain category, or no reservations for 4 at all? My guess would be the lifeboat is near-full for a particular area. DCL staterooms allow for flexibility and there are more “beds” onboard than they allow passengers. When the lifeboats are full, there will be empty beds in those rooms. It seems early for a March cruise to be that close to full, though.

Paid in full won’t be till November so it’ll be a state of flux until then..

Always call vs looking online cause they don’t always show everything that is available at the same time

We booked yesterday and got 2 rooms that were ‘not available’ online (there was 10+ available for the category)

I agree with lanejudy, it is most likely because of lifeboats being full. The other possibility is the kids club. Is the 4th person that you are leaving off when looking at 3 person availability a child? If the kids clubs are full for a certain age group, they will show no availability when you try to book a reservation that includes a child of that age group.

OP, I tried looking it up as well. You are correct that the cruise doesn't show at all when searching for 4 passengers, regardless of age. That is one of the (few) Baja cruises, which seem to be rather popular, probably because DCL does very few cruises out of California. If you don't mind splitting into 2 staterooms of 2 guests each, you should be able to book. But that may depend on the ages of your party; I wouldn't do it with young kids but probably with teens.

Good luck with your search!

OP, I tried looking it up as well. You are correct that the cruise doesn't show at all when searching for 4 passengers, regardless of age. That is one of the (few) Baja cruises, which seem to be rather popular, probably because DCL does very few cruises out of California. If you don't mind splitting into 2 staterooms of 2 guests each, you should be able to book. But that may depend on the ages of your party; I wouldn't do it with young kids but probably with teens.

Good luck with your search!

It is a pretty popular sailing because it also falls during Spring Break for many areas of the country and cruise started out at a very reasonable price point for a spring break sailing on DCL.

Is it just a certain category, or no reservations for 4 at all? My guess would be the lifeboat is near-full for a particular area. DCL staterooms allow for flexibility and there are more “beds” onboard than they allow passengers. When the lifeboats are full, there will be empty beds in those rooms. It seems early for a March cruise to be that close to full, though.

Just wanted to say that's an interesting point I hadn't thought about. Thanks for informing me :)

Thanks all for the info. I'll call Costco today and have them inquire with Disney. Booking two cabins upped the price to $7,000, which is more than I want to pay. I was looking a few months back and was getting quotes of $5,300 for the 4 of us. Tried to reason with my daughter as Holland America is selling a 7 night Mexico cruise with 3 stops vs. 5 night and 1 stop on Disney. Holland America's price for a similar room was $3,400. My kids are 21 and 18 so they can't even use the kids club any longer which they loved when younger.

Paid in full won’t be till November so it’ll be a state of flux until then..

Always call vs looking online cause they don’t always show everything that is available at the same time

We booked yesterday and got 2 rooms that were ‘not available’ online (there was 10+ available for the category)

Agree with this, and agree with the PP that the cruise is likely getting close to capacity which means even though there are rooms available that are ABLE to sleep more than 2 or 3, the capacity issues of the entire ship mandate only 2 persons per cabin. Good luck! Hope you get to Disney for the kids! I love it when my young adult kids still want to do Disney. :cutie:

We are on this cruise and it seems pretty full since it occurs during Spring break. There has been some fluctuating between oceanview and verandah (I know because we downgraded our verandah room to an oceanview a couple of weeks ago) but for the most part it has been slim pickin's.

Disney said no cabins available for 4 people. I think I just keep checking. Should have booked when we were on the SAN-YVR cruise last May but I wanted to try Holland America next time.

Disney said no cabins available for 4 people. I think I just keep checking. Should have booked when we were on the SAN-YVR cruise last May but I wanted to try Holland America next time.

Fwiw, my former mother in law was about 75 when we sent her on a HAL cruise and even she thought the other people on the cruise were too old.

Have you looked at non-Hal non-dcl cruiselines for a good itinerary?

Seems like all of the 7 day cruises out of San Diego or Los Angeles have the same port stops. I've been on Norwegian before and liked that. Wanted to try HAL or Princess next time. I was going to look at cruises out of Florida in late March until I saw that Alaska was charging $1,500 for round trip flights from Seattle. Ouch. Might as well fly to Europe at that price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter