NJ DIS Meet, 2017: Info Thread! See you SOON!

Looks like I may not be able to make it. I completely forgot we are doing Star Wars Celebration. Maybe I'll make it work.

Hello all! Are any of the DIS podcasters going to be there? Is there going to be a Podcast? That was so much fun! I was just looking at pictures from the 2015 Podcast. Thanks for the info!

Hello all! Are any of the DIS podcasters going to be there? Is there going to be a Podcast? That was so much fun! I was just looking at pictures from the 2015 Podcast. Thanks for the info!

We would absolutely LOVE to have them, but we don't have any guarantees about any of the podcasters coming. We hope you'll come, either way!!

I got confirmation today that I will be off that weekend so WE ARE COMING! I just booked the hotel and registered!! I'll work on getting donations together and touch base with that info as soon as I can.

Brewery Tour!! Join us as we visit Cricket Hill Brewery, Magnify Brewing, and Jersey Spirits Distillery for a fun night on the town! Pay directly at the venues.
Can you explain Friday night to me? Is the plan to travel together as a group to each of those places one by one? We have no interest in the two breweries but definitely want to go to the distillery. Might it be possible for us to meet the rest of the group there?

We are going to make this pretty easy going. Some may decide to travel together while others just go to one place or the other. You can easily form a group and meet there!

Can you explain Friday night to me? Is the plan to travel together as a group to each of those places one by one? We have no interest in the two breweries but definitely want to go to the distillery. Might it be possible for us to meet the rest of the group there?

As Nikki said, it will be a very laid-back kind of thing. We'll start at Cricket Hill since they close earlier, then move on to Magnify and the distillery.

The distillery is literally next door to Magnify Brewing. Magnify is about 1 mile from Cricket Hill, and Cricket Hill is about 2 blocks away from the hotel.

Once we have an idea of how many people want to go, we can talk about carpooling, or my personal choice, Lyft or Uber :thumbsup2

*I will not be driving, y'all. Too many good beers to be had :drinking1:rotfl:

Not sure if we will make it this year. It is farther from us then the last meet. It is also later in the day then we would have liked. A lunch time meet would have been better like last time.

Hope everyone has fun!

Not sure if we will make it this year. It is farther from us then the last meet. It is also later in the day then we would have liked. A lunch time meet would have been better like last time.

Hope everyone has fun!

We wanted to switch it up and try something new, so we moved it about 35 miles north. And we wanted to give people the opportunity to explore the area and/or sleep in on Saturday. Sorry you can't make it this time.

Lurker here (for like forever).

I am from Fairfield, born and raised. Weird hearing the announcement for the NJ dis meet on the podcast, I had a double take when I heard it.

A few random comments:

· In terms of “hotel restaurants” consider yourself lucky. Both Cucina Calandra and their sister restaurant (just up the road) Calandra’s Mediterranean Grill (inside the Hampton Inn) are both great. Very good Italian food.

· The Best Western is right next to a strip mall (literally walk through the parking lot) and there is a pizzeria, Chinese restaurant, Calandra’s Italian Bakery, another Italian restaurant, Italian deli, and a Kohr’s ice cream.

· The closest mall is “Willowbrook Mall”. Honestly, it’s basically the worst of North Jersey. Avoid Willowbrook, and take 20 extra minutes to go to Short Hills. It’s like a world away.

· With no traffic you can get into NYC in ½ hour drive. Could take sometimes an hour or more though, so plan accordingly.

Fun fact: Fairfield has the greatest concentration of Italian Americans than any other town in the USA. http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20151213/NEWS/151219688

Any questions about the area, let me know!

Lurker here (for like forever).

I am from Fairfield, born and raised. Weird hearing the announcement for the NJ dis meet on the podcast, I had a double take when I heard it.

A few random comments:

· In terms of “hotel restaurants” consider yourself lucky. Both Cucina Calandra and their sister restaurant (just up the road) Calandra’s Mediterranean Grill (inside the Hampton Inn) are both great. Very good Italian food.

· The Best Western is right next to a strip mall (literally walk through the parking lot) and there is a pizzeria, Chinese restaurant, Calandra’s Italian Bakery, another Italian restaurant, Italian deli, and a Kohr’s ice cream.

· The closest mall is “Willowbrook Mall”. Honestly, it’s basically the worst of North Jersey. Avoid Willowbrook, and take 20 extra minutes to go to Short Hills. It’s like a world away.

· With no traffic you can get into NYC in ½ hour drive. Could take sometimes an hour or more though, so plan accordingly.

Fun fact: Fairfield has the greatest concentration of Italian Americans than any other town in the USA. http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20151213/NEWS/151219688

Any questions about the area, let me know!

Thanks so much for your input! We hope to see you at the meet :thumbsup2:goodvibes

We need donations for our tricky tray auction for this year's New Jersey DIS Meet benefiting Give Kids the World!! Any new or gently-used Disney items, household items, gift cards, candles, home decor, jewelry... whatever you think would help us raise some money, we'll take it!

Any business owners who would like to donate in some way are, of course, also welcomed and very much appreciated!!

Please send a PM if you are interested in donating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!