Nightmare before Christmas style wedding

a note to Stucas - that is an AWESOME cake!!!! can these actually be ordered?? even though it would be a sin to take it apart!! I am doing a pumpkin cheesecake with black lace, miniature pumpkins and calla's for my wedding cake...and of course, Jack & Sally on top!

The place that made that cake is is MN, and I'm not sure if they ship but its worth a call to ask!

Heres their website
http://www.gateaux-inc.com/index.htm

-Lauren

large_image.jpg

Holy darkness batman! that is one amazing cake!! I LOVE IT!! My sister loves NBC as well so maybe when she finally ties the knot (who knows when that will be) she can do a NBC theme!

I and my man would really like to plan a Nightmare before Christmas style wedding at Disneyland. Do you think they do stuff like that?

Corpsebride, congrats on your upcoming wedding. My husband and I met on Halloween many moons ago. It also just so happens to be my favorite day out of the entire year.

For my 19th wedding anniversary, my husband & I hosted a small dinner party on the ballroom set from the “Haunted Mansion” movie (the set was temporarily moved to Walt Disney World before the movie opened in the theaters). It was a very fun & unique way to celebrate our wild & crazy marriage. (Click here for photos, or click here for a video slide show.)

For our 20th wedding anniversary the following year, we briefly considered holding a dinner party inside the Haunted Mansion attraction, but since we had done that theme for our prior anniversary, we opted to hold our party inside the Great Movie Ride attraction instead. It worked out beautifully and was the most ~magical~ night of our lives. (Click here for photos, or click here for a video slide show.)

On the night before our vow renewal, we held a Welcome Party at the Grand Floridian. My incredibly talented Event Manager gave our party a glorious Halloween theme (he knew I loved that holiday and knew that my husband & I had met on that day). It was a wonderfully laid-back affair. (Click here for photos, or click here for a video slide show.)

As to a “Nightmare Before Christmas” themed cake, quite a few years ago (pre-2000, I believe), I saw photos of a Grooms Cake that Disney had put together in Walt Disney World for a FTW couple. If I remember the bride’s trip report correctly, it was the first time that Disney had created such a cake. The cake turned out beautifully and the bride & groom were thrilled with it.

The cake was rectangular and was colored a deep blue. There were miniature orange jack o’ lanterns scattered on top of it. A wooden-looking fence ran around three sides of the cake. From the center of the cake arose a black, curly-topped hill. Atop the hill stood Jack & Sally. Behind them was a full moon. The cake looked very similar to this movie poster (except Sally was standing next to Jack): click here. The cake looked darling in the bride’s photos. Disney truly did a lovely job with it.

As to your “Nightmare Before Christmas” theme, my ~uneducated~ guess is that it is possible. Of course, only the FTW folks can answer that question for certain. However, Disneyland does theme their Haunted Mansion attraction in the “Nightmare Before Christmas” style. Because of that, I’m hopeful that they’ll have lots of ideas for you event, and even a few props for rental.

I wish you much luck (and lots of joy) planning your upcoming FTW wedding. Again, congratulations!

When I was at a wedding expo in my hometown they had a NBC/celtic wedding adverstised in a book they were handing out. I could email it to you if you'd like. They did a fall wedding, so they used pumpkins, flowergirls as fairys, and a black and white color theme. They even held the ceremony in a local cemetary, very pictuesque cemetary. Her dress was gorgous as well. It's the black and white one with the design on chest from David's bridal. Hope that helps.

Hello :goodvibes

I was just wondering if you could also email that to me as well?? I would really really appreciate it. The whole fairy thing is going to be a part of our theme so as soon as I saw that, I jumped for joy! :) My email is suziakatrouble@yahoo.com Thank you!

So, I have been away for a few days but have just looked at all the new posts. I acutally was driving around my friend today tasting cakes for her wedding. what a long day. but she found a cake hooray! anyhoo, I forgot an important detail, our wedding will be on oct 31, 2008. duh. thank you for all of the encouragement and kind words and ideas from everyone. I am truly very excited. I think I will be designing my own gown. Champagne silk flower bodice with creme velvet or silk mermaid gown and a creme super sheer veil with tiny black rhinestones in it. As soon as I up load a pic Ill post it. I think my brides maids will wear red velvet. Im not sure yet. definatly velvet for sure, the color still up in the air. I really love all of the nbc cakes. it will be hard to choose.anyhoo, Ill post the pic of the sea foam green dress and the one Ive designed. but first I have a date with a margarita :cool1: , my friend is cool but she makes a crazy bride:eek: .
have a great weekend!!

Well I wanted to upload some images but I guess I havent posted enough yet. but the sea foam green gown name and style number is:
St.Pucchi Couture style # 9211 if anyone wants to have a look.:tinker:

Janet2K~
We love Halloween too, I mean really love, I know you know what I mean. I think we are going to have a red velvet cake with butter cream frostin, they can add color to it right? and I want blood red roses on it. and the curls that are on the pictures of the nbc pictures, you know the ones that jack and sally are standing on. I have so many ideas in my head, im just swimming!! I am just very excited! Do you or anyone know if they have a wish book for Disneyland Anaheim? The only one Ive seen is for Olando and Im in Los Angeles.Anyhoo, thank you for your kind words and great ideas. this is so much fun!!

I found it! The cake that Janet mentioned. It too alot of searchingbut I found it. I knew that I wasn't crazy (we'll that's all relative), but I had seen it before. It was from a WDW wedding in 1999. It's a neat looking Grooms cake. I hope you like it.

So here it is:
rec02a.jpg

Here's the link to where it came from:
http://www.geocities.com/lananfrank/lfwed/report05.htm

We love this cake, I dont mean the royal we, but me and the man. thank you so much for posting it.Do you think they could do a big sheet cake out of this?

When you meet with FTW for your planning session give them a picture of what you want (ie: this cake or one similar) and they will usually do their best to make it happen. We gave them a picture of what we wnated and they made it. It might take a few attempts but they should be able to do it. Worse case senario is they say no to that one but have ideas for something else.

My Fiance and I are doing a sort of nightmare before christmas theme. Our colors are red and black and the venue is going to be set up for christmas time, and we're going to use a lot of candles and black magic roses, and red cala lillies. The grooms cake is also going o be a nightmare before christmas cake. The bridesmaids are wearing red, and carrying a cmaller version of my boquet, and the groomsmen are wearing black tux's with black shirts and red vests. I hope this helps. But disney can do ANYTHING you want.

They do themes like that. When I was picking out my flowers, my planner told me that she was working on a "grave blanket" for one of her guests who was having a halloween wedding! I also know you could rent out the Haunted Mansion and have your wedding and reception in there! Good luck I think that sounds awesome!

Hey I recently posted a thread....my mom handed over the planing of my sisters future quinceanera party since she became ill,so the theme for the party will be the nightmare before christmas! Being that its my sisters favorite movie and her birthday is in december....so I'm trying to get as much info and pics of past or future plans of nbc style weddings

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter