Night Shows at Both Parks in August

caramello

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We are a family of four coming for one day hoping to visit both parks. We are very familiar with Disneyland in California so we plan on hitting the unique rides.

The hours are not published yet for August. My understanding is that Walt Disney Studios closes earlier than Disneyland Park. Is it possible to watch the night time shows at each park? Alternatively, can you see the Walt Disney Studios fireworks from inside Disneyland Park?

We will also have two priority cards if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Technically yes.

Let's say the Studios close at 10 and the park at 11. The night time show at the studios will be over at 10.20-ish. Giving you 40 minutes to exit and enter.

Do you have a priority card because of a mobility issue or something else, because that is going to slow you down. Still not impossible, but something to keep into account.

I am hesitant to say: use your Priority card for the fireworks in Disneyland park in this scenario. Mainly because the spot is all the way at the front, and you have to navigate through a sea of people in an unfamiliar park. There is a route to the spot left of the hub, but due to the landscaping, it's noy obvious where to go.

I'll try tomorrow to draw you the route on the map.

Technically yes.

Let's say the Studios close at 10 and the park at 11. The night time show at the studios will be over at 10.20-ish. Giving you 40 minutes to exit and enter.

Do you have a priority card because of a mobility issue or something else, because that is going to slow you down. Still not impossible, but something to keep into account.

I am hesitant to say: use your Priority card for the fireworks in Disneyland park in this scenario. Mainly because the spot is all the way at the front, and you have to navigate through a sea of people in an unfamiliar park. There is a route to the spot left of the hub, but due to the landscaping, it's noy obvious where to go.

I'll try tomorrow to draw you the route on the map.
Thank you so much Karin 1984. No, not mobility related. A map would be much appreciated!

It depends if Studios has fireworks. The drone show has been announced until May because it's pointless after that as the studios close before Dark. I think you may find the studios won't offer the drone show again until September but I maybe wrong.

It depends if Studios has fireworks. The drone show has been announced until May because it's pointless after that as the studios close before Dark. I think you may find the studios won't offer the drone show again until September but I maybe wrong.
Closes before dark? How long does it stay light there? I'll be there in June and where I live, it stays light until about 2100 (9pm) at the latest.

At the time of the summer solstice in late June, sunset time in Paris is typically close to 10pm, but even then it's still quite light for a good hour or so after that.

For example, according to timeanddate.com on the 21st June, the listed time for Civil Twilight - which I regard as being about the time when it is dark enough for street lights to start to come on automatically (so still not really dark) - is 10:39pm.

Last edited:
At the time of the summer solstice in late June, sunset time in Paris is typically close to 10pm, but even then it's still quite light for a good hour or so after that.

For example, according to timeanddate.com on the 21st June, the listed time for Civil Twilight - which I regard as being about the time when it is dark enough for street lights to start to come on automatically (so still not really dark) - is 10:39pm.
If it's a clear day even fireworks would be disappointing at civil twilight. So drones would be super pointless. Here in the UK it is now 8pm on clear days before it's dark. And we still have over 2 months before the longest day.

I can't get it as pretty as I would like. Don't pay attention to the scale.
Red is priority cards
Green is highest tier AP
In front of the AP section are the VIP tours.

To get there, you go left at Casey's corner and follow the route to the front. Along the way there are CMs to check your priority card or AP reservation.
hub.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter