Next Round of Discounts?

I just called and spoke with a cast member and she said that they are WELL booked into March 2020 (due to GE) and she doesn't see any future discounts coming for the rest of the year. I kind of figured this would be the case, but I called anyway. Would of loved to lessen my group's costs.... :(

I am hoping for a fall discount as well, as we have to cancel our July trip. When checking availability for mid-September or beginning of October, there is a lot of availability in my preferred resorts in all categories (Poly & WL), which surprised me with all the hype with GE. Still banking on some Pixie Dust for a room discount!

I just called and spoke with a cast member and she said that they are WELL booked into March 2020 (due to GE) and she doesn't see any future discounts coming for the rest of the year. I kind of figured this would be the case, but I called anyway. Would of loved to lessen my group's costs.... :(

I don't know if I would put much faith in that.

First- You can't even book 2020 online yet and I don't know that the majority of people traveling to Disney would know that you can book room only 499 days out.

Second - there's still availability for this year, a lot even in October, November and December.

:)

I don't know if I would put much faith in that.

First- You can't even book 2020 online yet and I don't know that the majority of people traveling to Disney would know that you can book room only 499 days out.

Second - there's still availability for this year, a lot even in October, November and December.

:)
Thanks for keeping the hope alive!!! Some of us are desperate here :rotfl:

For the record, if you look at the Disney World site, they pulled back the Sun and Fun discount and now only show the dates going to end of May. Originally it went to the end of September.

For the record, if you look at the Disney World site, they pulled back the Sun and Fun discount and now only show the dates going to end of May. Originally it went to the end of September.
They didn't pull back the sun and fun discount. When the discount was released it said book by March 24. Just like free dining was book by the end of Feb. So the offer was always set to expire at the end of March. They left the offer up even after Star Wars was announced and I got a great deal in Sept, but from day one of the deal being released it had the book by date attached.

Not true. International guests (probably excluding Canada) can book all the way out to September 2020.

Not true. International guests (probably excluding Canada) can book all the way out to September 2020.

Well, that would have a to be a pretty large percentage to have already booked the on-site resorts up through March of 2020. :)

But hey, maybe so, who knows!

They didn't pull back the sun and fun discount. When the discount was released it said book by March 24. Just like free dining was book by the end of Feb. So the offer was always set to expire at the end of March. They left the offer up even after Star Wars was announced and I got a great deal in Sept, but from day one of the deal being released it had the book by date attached.

I thought it said that the summer option fell off end of May. Oh well....

I think discounts are going to be less this Fall. They may still have them but they won’t be like the usual ones we see because of SWGE.
I agree. With galaxies edge coming, no reason for Disney to offer discounts since they know parks will be full regardless once this area opens.

My friend is a Disney travel agent and she said everything from fall on is pretty well booked up now....I would not count on any discounts.
I'm not sure where your friend is looking but I just checked a couple random weeks in September, October, November and December and all of them had pretty decent availability in all price categories.

Not saying that this means that discounts are forthcoming, just saying that this sense of urgency and panic to book a room before everything is sold out seems kind of excessive.

I’m less pessimistic than some in this thread in that I think they’ll eventually offer a fall discount. Caveat: they just raised the full price for fall dates on March 25th.

I only have one resort as frame of reference, but AoA went from $429.50 average for my October dates to $482. 12% increase. They now have sufficient room to offer a 10% discount and just be back to around where the no-discount rate used to be. A 20% discount off the new rate would be about a 10% discount off what the rate old rate was. Accordingly, I think 20% could come for Oct/Nov, but it won’t be as good a deal as was previously available for nights through Sep 30.

I'm not sure where your friend is looking but I just checked a couple random weeks in September, October, November and December and all of them had pretty decent availability in all price categories.

Not saying that this means that discounts are forthcoming, just saying that this sense of urgency and panic to book a room before everything is sold out seems kind of excessive.

I agree. You can go in and find all kinds of rooms so I'm not sure where the friend is looking either.

I'm expecting rack rate for a while, except maybe AP discounts. Star Wars + upcoming 50th there's really no need to offer room discounts. But AP discounts do a good job pushing people to spend money they otherwise wouldn't, so those might stick around in 10-20% range.

I was just checking the WDW site as I do everyday, and all the bookings are currently unavailable. I searched for the dates I am going in nov and it does produce rates for the hotels, however once you click the rate it gives you the"Sorry all bookings are currently unavailable at this time, we are working to restore". This occurred for multiple hotels not just one. Seems like there doing maintenance on the site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!