What a great final day at MK! Nothing beats that view from the train station!

Sounds like a fun night at DS too!

It was a wonderful day!!

What a fun last day at MK, the donut looks so yummy!
The watermelon moonshine looks very good, I need to try this!
I love the piano player at GF, I could sit and listen to him and the band for hours, so good. All the Disney songs are wonderful!

We had a really amazing time at MK... with a really amazing donut!!

You definitely need to try the moonshine mash, it's one of my new favorite drinks!

The GF has some incredibly talented live artists!

Really enjoying your TR! I like your honesty on the good and also the not so good. We also loved Homecomin' and plan to go when we're down there in March. Love your Tinker Bell shirt! You have a lot to look forward to with your Spring 2020 coming up!

Thank you so much! I try to keep things as honest as possible in my TRs! I really appreciate this!

Ugh the worst day.

You said it :sad:

This was on my list to try in June but I never got to it!
Oo I don't know but I really hope so!!

Okay so the REAL tea is that now that I've thought about it, I think I like the Joffrey's donut better! It was just smaller and more manageable, the Mickey donut felt like it was going to wilt apart and fall out of my hands because it was so massive. Mouse donut is still so much fun though, I hope they kept it around!

Ugh pictures like this really make me want to be back.

I got butterflies in my stomach again just uploading the pic to Flickr so I could write this update!

Sounds amazing and I need to try it.

SO good!!!

That sounds lovely. On our first trip together (pre-APs lol), Mike and I had a resort-only stay where our only park time was for MNSSHP. It was such a different trip and so nice to just relax and actually enjoy the resort.

I think that's what we're really going to try to do this trip. We'll probably head to the parks in the evenings, but otherwise, we want a lot more downtime on this next trip.

That is a phenomenal thing to volunteer for lol.

Someone's gotta do it, right?!?

Also your shorts are super cute and look sooo comfy. Love.

THEY ARE COMFY!! I think I got these from Forever 21!!

Also also Tink has got some amazing legs. I wonder which Lost Boy is her trainer. Or maybe it's Tiger Lily. I would totally join her gym.

Oh it's def. Tiger Lily

This is iconic. The world needs more donut photoshoots.

I couldn't agree more

That photo at the end of your Minnie hug is AMAZING. This needs to be printed and framed.

tenor.gif

None. No harm at all. Unless you count the total destruction of your emotions as harm. Otherwise, none.

This is SO accurate

Easy- you have to not have a heart.

giphy.gif

This sounds incredible. I feel like I can actually taste it.

You have to try it!!

Oh super fun! It's neat that you guys are open to trying different things and really focus on doing things that will make everyone happy.

I am going to be all Park-ed out after this CP so the more downtime I have, the better! I can't wait to sleep :faint:

This is maybe my favorite meal on WDW property. Add a side of mac n cheese and I don't need anything else.

Except maybe one of those watermelon drinks.

Yeah, definitely one of those too.

YES YES YES YES YES THE MAC AND CHEESE IS ALSO EXCELLENT!! This is the perfect meal!!!

Ah I am just catching up, its been so busy! Loved all the posts, sounds like such a great trip. What a last day! :)

Thank you so much, we had a wonderful time!!

I am crying. Crying. :rotfl:

I think about her ALL the TIME

Truer words have never been spoken - say it louder for the people in the back! 👏👏

tenor.gif

I watched Avatar for the first time like a week ago (I know.... I know.....) - and so I feel very in the know now because I actually get this :laughing: Also finally figured out how to do the quote thing when replaying - so really feeling in the know lol :goodvibes

I still have never seen Avatar 🤭 is it a good??? When I was in high school, we watched, like, 40 minutes of it in my Italian class so it was in Italian and my teacher didn't put subtitles on so I had no idea what was happening... must watch in English one time

Sounds like such an awesome night!!! Seriously - about to figure out a way that my 23 year old self can fully fund a DVC membership :rotfl:

YES time for you to become the next DVC family member!!

I tried Art's outpost in Grand Central Terminal and it was beyond good!!! Sounds like the perfect meal to the end of the trip!

OMG, my friends went to the Art Smith restaurant in GC and they LOVED IT!!! I need to try it!!!

It's always sad to reach the last Disney day, but you certainly made the most of it!

Goodness that donut is HUGE! If it still exists in May my daughter would LOVE it!

I've heard nothing but great things about Homecomin'. I don't think we'll make time for Disney Springs on our next trip, but I'd love to try it someday! Your meal looks quite delicious. :goodvibes

It's always sad to reach the last Disney day, but you certainly made the most of it!

Goodness that donut is HUGE! If it still exists in May my daughter would LOVE it!

I've heard nothing but great things about Homecomin'. I don't think we'll make time for Disney Springs on our next trip, but I'd love to try it someday! Your meal looks quite delicious. :goodvibes

We were quite sad to leave, but we tried to have the best last day ever!

It is seriously one of the biggest donuts I've ever seen!!! I believe the donuts at US in Springfield are also big, too!!!

Homecomin' was incredible, a must-try!

I Wanna Go HooOOooOOme
8/23-8/24/19: Traveling Home :-(

As usual, dad had us up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning. Well, the crack of 7:00 AM, so I guess a little later than the crack of dawn but not by much. We all got ready very sadly and finished packing up the very last of our belongings.

Dad insisted we didn't need to call bell services, he could just bring the truck around and the rest of us could bring our stuff down in multiple trips. So that's what we did. After 2 or 3 trips, I said I was going to run to Gasparilla Island Grill quickly. I needed to a) get some coffee in my system and b) give away the Mickey balloon I got on the first day! Bye bye, balloon!

49375026796_3101558625_b.jpg

We never have room in the truck for the balloon and I also have no real purpose to keep it, so I found a very appreciative father and two sons to give it to at Gasparilla, filled my coffee mug up one last time, and jumped into the family truck. After a quick stop to get gas at the Magic Kingdom area Hess, we were soon off Disney property and headed north-bound for our journey home.

tenor.gif

Once we got out of Orlando, we stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I ordered some delicious blueberry pancakes!

49352356562_31b329861d_b.jpg

It was a pretty agonizing day of driving, even without traffic. The drive back up is always a nightmare of exhaustion and perpetual hunger for some reason. Eventually, we grabbed lunch (Georiga? South Carolina?) at a Hardee's. I got an all-star meal with two sliders, fries, cookie, and drink, which was pretty good. It was after lunch that a harrowing realization dawned on me: I was becoming sick. My throat felt so icky!

We drove and drove and drove with absolutely nothing interesting happening to us until we reached our stop for the evening, which was a Holiday Inn in Rocky Mount, NC, at around 6 in the evening. The room was pretty spacious and it was very clean! We ordered Pizza Hut up to the room for dinner. I haven't had Pizza Hut probably since my 2016 DCP, the rest of my family hasn't had it since at least 2011 when the one in our hometown closed, and we were all pleasantly surprised to find that Pizza Hut has gotten better. I ate a slice and then started writing the intro post for this TR.

I didn't sleep well that night because I was so sick. 7:00 in the morning rolled around and we checked out and were back on the road. We stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and donuts and then continued up North. As usual, we hit traffic almost as soon as we arrived in DC, but it was nothing major. We were basically in on-and-off-again traffic until we hit Jersey, and even then, there was a HUGE car fire right as we were entering the state that caused a backup!

We stopped one final time for Burger King at the first rest stop in NJ. Finally... FINALLY... three hours later, we arrived back at our NJ home! Thus, the vacation had ended. A week later, I submitted my application for the Spring 2020 Disney College Program, and now I'm 3 weeks away from my next adventure at Walt Disney World Resort!

Conclusion coming soon!

Click here to read the conclusion!

Last edited:

and b) give away the Mickey balloon I got on the first day!
Oh how sweet! Also I didn't realize how long those balloons held up. Well done, balloon artisans.

I was becoming sick. My throat felt so icky!
Ugh the worst...

I haven't had Pizza Hut probably since my 2016 DCP, the rest of my family hasn't had it since at least 2011 when the one in our hometown closed, and we were all pleasantly surprised to find that Pizza Hut has gotten better
Wow that's a long time to go without Pizza Hut! PH was the only pizza place in my hometown so I had it all the dang time. Thankfully I live in a more sophisticated place now and I can regularly stuff myself with God's pizza- Dominos.

and now I'm 3 weeks away from my next adventure at Walt Disney World Resort!
I'm seriously so pumped for you on this and I can't wait to follow along on all your character adventures!!

And I'm even more pumped that we'll get to (hopefully) hang out in May when we're down there!!

Oh how sweet! Also I didn't realize how long those balloons held up. Well done, balloon artisans.

They are some of the longest-lasting balloons I have ever encountered! Also, did you know that a group of balloons is called a "Herd?" Well you do now so do with that information what you will

Ugh the worst...

Frankly, I'm just shocked that it took me this long to get "The Disney Flu"

Wow that's a long time to go without Pizza Hut! PH was the only pizza place in my hometown so I had it all the dang time. Thankfully I live in a more sophisticated place now and I can regularly stuff myself with God's pizza- Dominos.

Honestly, I'm low-key looking forward to more PH when I move back to O-town in three weeks. I think Dominos has a better pizza, but the PH breadsticks and wings were my comfort food on my Program

I'm seriously so pumped for you on this and I can't wait to follow along on all your character adventures!!

And I'm even more pumped that we'll get to (hopefully) hang out in May when we're down there!!

I AM SO EXCITED TO SHARE MY ADVENTURES WITH YOU AND *FINGERS CROSSED* HANG OUT WITH YOU IN MAY!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

CONCLUSION

Well, well, well! We have officially reached the end of my 6th DISboards Trip Report! How exciting!

And exhausting. I am very tired.

giphy.gif

For our 2019 summer vacation, there are the stats...

FAVORITE SNACK: Joffrey's Donut!
FAVORITE MEAL: Chefs de France Dinner!
FAVORITE DRINK: Piña Colava!
FAVORITE CHARACTER M&G: Three-way tie! Chicken Little & Abby, Kevin, and Mickey & Minnie at Town Square Theatre!
FAVORITE RIDE: I still like Slinky Dog Dash, but a new one was Flight of Passage, which we also loved!
FAVORITE PARK DAY: Epcot!
FAVORITE SOUVENIR: Rose-Gold Glitter Crocs!
FAVORITE NEW EXPERIENCE: Moonlight Magic at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Here are the things we would do again...

• Private cabana at the GF Pool. This was such a lovely morning! We had such great service and great food, and mom and dad love spending time at the pool in general, so this was something we're eager to do a second time.
  • Moonlight Magic. Oh my word... we had SO much fun at Moonlight Magic this year! The guests were mellow, there were awesome character M&Gs, and the lines were short. This is a terrific offering and I'm so glad that it has been renewed for 2020!
  • Dinner at Chefs de France. This was a new meal to the family, even though I had lunch there during my CP. The family is unanimous that we MUST return! It was so delicious!
Here are the things we would not do again...
  • Stay at the Villas at the Grand Floridian. Personally, we didn't think we enjoyed the Villas side of the GF as much as we loved the Resort side. It was fine, but it just wasn't "home" for us this time around. The suites felt a lot smaller than the Poly suites, and we just missed the ambiance and friendliness of the Poly! We love the amenities and restaurants at the Resort side and if we ever do a non-point Resort stay again, we will consider going back to the Grand Floridian, but we likely won't return to the Villas.
  • Storybook Dining at Artist Point. After a rough dinner service, we will try other new dining experiences during our 2020 trip.

The verdict is still out on Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. In all likelihood, we had a rough second half of the evening and we will probably not return for a few years, but we loved the entertainment offerings, party snacks, and character M&Gs.

In General...
This trip went pretty well! We had a lot of fun with a few minor bumps in the road. MNSSHP did feel like a bummer when all is said and done, but in the grand scheme of our trips, this just means we're going to look for different hard-ticket events to look forward to in the future! I really want my parents to try Villains After Hours or another After Hours event, since those are so popular here on the DIS.

I think we truly are feeling a bit of Park fatigue as a family, so we're going to start looking to book experiences at the Resorts, Disney Springs, and elsewhere on property. Like I said earlier, the Cake Decorating and Painting classes that Disney offers are high on our list for things to book for our next trip!

With that being said, there were still so many extremely precious moments on this trip that I will simply cherish forever. We had so many incredible character interactions this trip! Kevin, Chicken Little/Abby Mallard, Ralph/Vanellope, and Edna Mode were just a few of our favorites. We also had so much fun with Mickey & Minnie at Town Square Theater, Jack Skellington/Sally, and Alice! We also ate a lot of terrific things this week. There were SO many donuts and they were ALL delicious! Naturally, the highlight of this trip was getting to see my two favorite people in Orlando, @PlutosRHM55 and Emily! If you two are reading this, I love you both so much and I can't wait to be reunited in THREE WEEKS!!!! Three weeks!!!!! Spring 2020 is about to be a season of JELLYROLLS AND FUN.

What Comes Next?
I worked really, really hard over the past two months to get this TR finished before I moved back to Orlando so that I wasn't trying to wrap this up while I was literally back in the Parks.

First things first: I don't think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but we are booked for our next family vacation! We will be returning to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort Aug 9-15, 2020. I check out of my Program on the 6, I will likely set up camp at one of the All-Star Resorts for three days, and then my family will arrive on the 9 for a week-long reunion at our happy place.

*I* also have a very small pre-Program vacation coming up! I will be at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort from Feb 1-3. I will fly in on the 1, renew my AP, have a super fun Hollywood Studios day (with reservations at Oga's Cantina!) on the 2, and then get a Mears taxi to take my to my housing complex on the 3 when I check in to housing.

As far as the Program goes, in three weeks, I will find myself living, learning, and earning with Disney College Program again and I am feeling so excited and grateful to return to the Parks. I will be experiencing a lot of new things for the first time during this Program-- International Festival of the Arts, Flower & Garden Festival, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, the Skyliner system, and two new attractions coming to the Parks: Remy's Ratatouille Adventure and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway! I am about to have another crazy, insane seven months at Walt Disney World and this time, I really want to stay active on the DISboards. I didn't report my way through my first Program, and honestly: I don't think I want to do a Trip Report for this Program, either. Program-long TRs are such massive undertakings and I already have tinkerkait, which I'm really hoping I can continue updating during my Program.

Instead of doing a Trip Report for my DCP, I am going to start my first ever Dining Report in the coming weeks to help document my Program on the DIS! I contemplated a doing a DR in place of a TR for this last trip. I love writing about all of the snacks and meals I encounter in the Parks and I have so much on my food bucket list this year! I think it would be so fun to do a no-pressure, low-stakes Dining Report so I can share small updates on my Program and my favorite things to eat this Spring. I will start my DR about a week before my Program check-in date, so I'll let you know when it goes live!

With that being said, it is time to close the chapter on TR #6. Thank you all for reading along and commenting! I will see you all on my DR and for TR #7 coming this August!

THE END!

So excited for you ! And I would love for you to continue reporting even if it is sporadic as I am sure you will be very busy . Hope your DCP is all you want it to be and more .

I love reading your reports and I’m so excited to read about your dining adventures on the CP! :lovestruc

Thank you so much for telling us about your trip! Despite a few issues (and there are always issues), I'm glad your family had a good time.

Have a WONDERFUL time on your DCP! It's hard to believe it's just around the corner! You'll have to link your dining report here to make sure we can catch it. I think a dining report is a great choice so you can include the highlights but don't feel pressured to keep up with a day-to-day report.

Thanks again, Kaitlyn! Enjoy your last few weeks before you're immersed back in Disney! (I'm jealous!) :goodvibes

I'm sorry you ended up getting sick! But overall, despite any hiccups, I'm glad you had a fun family trip!

Best of luck these coming months during your DCP!!! Can't wait to keep up and here how it's going for you!

We will be returning to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort Aug 9-15, 2020.
Woohoo!! It looks like you'll (most likely) still be there in time for the first MNSSHP if you guys change your mind 🤪

which I'm really hoping I can continue updating during my Program.
YES PLEASE

think it would be so fun to do a no-pressure, low-stakes Dining Report so I can share small updates on my Program and my favorite things to eat this Spring
ALSO YES PLEASE

Thanks for taking us all along on your Disney vacation!!! I loved reading all about it...

And have fun in the DCP!!! If only I was 30 years younger, I'd be applying for it too!!! :rotfl2: Maybe when I retire I'll finally fullfill my dream of becoming a Disney CM... :love:

I got super behind on all the TR's I am following but I wanted to let you know I finished yours & truly enjoyed it!
You have a great way of writing about your experiences in WDW & I look forward to following along with your DCP adventures both here and on your IG account :goodvibes
I especially enjoyed seeing the pool cabana b/c we are considering renting one at Beach Club when we go in June. It looks like a great, relaxing experience!
There are no Moonlight Magic dates announced for our dates but I am crossing my fingers one may pop up. We'd love to do it! They're only released through May right now so I am hoping they'll maybe add some June dates. We'll see!

Anyway, great TR as always! Hope your mini-trip before your check-in date goes well. Can't wait to see all the fun stuff you get up to!

So excited for you ! And I would love for you to continue reporting even if it is sporadic as I am sure you will be very busy . Hope your DCP is all you want it to be and more .

Thank you so, so much! I very much appreciate the fact that you read this report and that you have such kind words to say! You are the best :hug:

I love reading your reports and I’m so excited to read about your dining adventures on the CP! :lovestruc

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate you being here and commenting :hug:

Yay! Have a great experience and enjoy every second of it. Looking forward to the dining report :D Loved reading this TR!

Thank you so much!!! I very much appreciate you :hug:

Thank you so much for telling us about your trip! Despite a few issues (and there are always issues), I'm glad your family had a good time.

Thank YOU for following along!! I always appreciated hearing from you!

Have a WONDERFUL time on your DCP! It's hard to believe it's just around the corner! You'll have to link your dining report here to make sure we can catch it. I think a dining report is a great choice so you can include the highlights but don't feel pressured to keep up with a day-to-day report.

Can't thank you enough for these kind words :hug:

Thanks again, Kaitlyn! Enjoy your last few weeks before you're immersed back in Disney! (I'm jealous!) :goodvibes

You are the best!!! :hug:

I'm sorry you ended up getting sick! But overall, despite any hiccups, I'm glad you had a fun family trip!

Best of luck these coming months during your DCP!!! Can't wait to keep up and here how it's going for you!

Thank you so much!!! As always, I love connecting with you on the TR board and can't thank you enough for following along. You are the best!!! :hug:

Woohoo!! It looks like you'll (most likely) still be there in time for the first MNSSHP if you guys change your mind 🤪

me planning our 2020 MNSSHP
giphy.gif

YES PLEASE
ALSO YES PLEASE

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAYYYY I WILL!!!! AND THEN WE CAN COLLAB FOR THE F&G COVERAGE

Ahhh I'm so sad that your TR is over, but I'm so excited for you and your DCP adventure!! Crossing fingers that we cross paths in February! :D

I CANNOT WAIT FOR FEBRUARY!!! DM me when you are free to meet down there and I will make it happen!!!

Thanks for taking us all along on your Disney vacation!!! I loved reading all about it...

And have fun in the DCP!!! If only I was 30 years younger, I'd be applying for it too!!! :rotfl2: Maybe when I retire I'll finally fullfill my dream of becoming a Disney CM... :love:

Nancy... you are the sweetest!!!! I can't thank you enough for being here. I greatly appreciate your kind words!!! :hug:

I got super behind on all the TR's I am following but I wanted to let you know I finished yours & truly enjoyed it!
You have a great way of writing about your experiences in WDW & I look forward to following along with your DCP adventures both here and on your IG account :goodvibes
I especially enjoyed seeing the pool cabana b/c we are considering renting one at Beach Club when we go in June. It looks like a great, relaxing experience!
There are no Moonlight Magic dates announced for our dates but I am crossing my fingers one may pop up. We'd love to do it! They're only released through May right now so I am hoping they'll maybe add some June dates. We'll see!

Anyway, great TR as always! Hope your mini-trip before your check-in date goes well. Can't wait to see all the fun stuff you get up to!

I appreciate this comment SO much!!! You are awesome!!!

The pool cabana is incredible and if you're going to be at the Beach Club this summer, there's just no better Resort offering!

Fingers crossed for you!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Thanks for a great trip report! I loved reading along.

Best of luck on your CP! I am super jealous and I know that you'll have a phenomenal time. I look forward to hearing about it in whichever capacity you choose to document it! 🥰 🥰 🥰

Thanks for a great trip report! I loved reading along.

Best of luck on your CP! I am super jealous and I know that you'll have a phenomenal time. I look forward to hearing about it in whichever capacity you choose to document it! 🥰 🥰 🥰

Thank you so much for following along and for the kind words, I seriously appreciate it and I can't wait to update everyone this Spring!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!