News Round Up 2020

I too love MK on party days. The issue is it makes fireworks nights packed.

Yep its just awful for that reason, all rides are packed.

We only do HEA on BLT nights, soon though with the GF/POLY path-those DVC stays will qualify.

Regardless its still awful during the show-its just such a good show.

Pretty much this. I know there are still fireworks involved, but with the night shows at MK leaning heavily on projections, I wish they'd do them more than once a night.
I remember the days when they had multiple fireworks shows at MK, and multiple F! at DHS.
They would even do twilight fireworks for regular guests at MK before kicking them out for MVMCP.

Probably most are excited about the new attractions coming for the 50th rather than the "50th" itself. Since they haven't announced any opening dates yet (nor would we expect them too) . .i think a lot of people may just book to gamble on those openings and just try and get as much in as possible.

I think the actual 50th may just be totally insane. I was talking with some of the DIS team, and they are already getting a LOT of requests about booking Oct 2021. I normally avoid crazed things like new ride openings and big anniversary, but we are being stupid and this case and planning on going.
Rian Johnson says he is still in talks with Lucasfilm for another movie.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/rian-johnson-star-wars-knives-out-sequel-1203464981/amp/

Anyone that thinks that The Last Jedi isn't the best Star Wars movie Disney has made is completely wrong. (Though I don't want to bring that argument around again.) Would love them to let Rian Johnson make another SW movie, but I don't know why he would want to after getting beaten by fans.

And cue the outrage of IPs ruining Epcot! ;)

I don't know how at this point anyone that is bothered by this doesn't consider this as a past tense - "IPs Ruined Epcot". I don't agree, but IPs are everywhere there already - a few more hardly matters.

I remember the days when they had multiple fireworks shows at MK, and multiple F! at DHS.
They would even do twilight fireworks for regular guests at MK before kicking them out for MVMCP.

I also remember when they cut Fantasmic to like 2-3 nights a week, so not everything goes in the negative direction - but overall yes they've generally cut without giving back.

I had to skip it this past trip because with the crowd I knew there was just no chance of enjoying it. They need 2 showings.

Completely agree but it's unlikely they go to this point. We should just be happy someday we get a night parade back. (Or more than one parade across 4 parks, as opposed to 5 parades across 4 parks?)

Anyone that thinks that The Last Jedi isn't the best Star Wars movie Disney has made is completely wrong. (Though I don't want to bring that argument around again.) Would love them to let Rian Johnson make another SW movie, but I don't know why he would want to after getting beaten by fans.

Much as I didn't like some of TLJ, I would have no problem with him doing more movies or even a trilogy. Heck he can do the next 10 for all I care.

They would be something new and unable to affect major OT connections, or cause related controversy at this point anyway with everyone dead.

Not sure we will see any with the excitement to go over the $2B mark again.

Not looking forward to anything at this point but who knows. Kind of a square one approach-so may as well be RJ or whoever.

Pretty much this. I know there are still fireworks involved, but with the night shows at MK leaning heavily on projections, I wish they'd do them more than once a night.
HEA has more fireworks than most (if not all) fireworks shows, even more than Wishes did. So while there are a lot of projections, there are still a ton of fireworks, so I don't see them doing that.

Super Nintendo World is going to be a real game changer. My 8 year old Son and his friends are incredibly excited about it. They are for more excited about Super Nintendo World than anything at or planned for the Disney parks.
Well it’s part of the what’s easily the largest project in the industry right now. Plus it will finally give Universal a true draw for the younger crowd. I can easily see this giving Universal another Potter sized boost if it delivers. I don’t think Disney is doing anywhere near enough to counter, especially since SeaWorld is also getting aggressive now.

A demonstration of how the blocks and Nintendo Bands will work at Super Nintendo Land in Universal Tokyo :)
This place is going to be crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts