News Round Up 2020

continuing rant, haha. I was hoping that by this time there might at least a semblance of normalcy or at least expectations could be known to a reasonable degree. But .. it's starting to sound like a trip in the near future, (end of 2020, early 2021), is about the same as your chances of getting a ride on ROTR - with great effort and planning it boils down to a coin toss at best.
Until some of the social distancing is phased out, nothing is going to really improve. Social distancing won't go away until there is a fairly high uptake of the vaccine, so probably no earlier than April. That's if the current vaccines prove to be safe and effective in their current trails and if people will actually take it.

Really, mobile order should have available time slots that fill up.
It does, that's why it's been recommended a lot to order as early as you can for the time you plan to eat. If you wait until you're ready to eat, often times the current time slot as well as the next 1 or 2 may already be filled and you have to wait over an hour for your time slot.

Until some of the social distancing is phased out, nothing is going to really improve. Social distancing won't go away until there is a fairly high uptake of the vaccine, so probably no earlier than April. That's if the current vaccines prove to be safe and effective in their current trails and if people will actually take it.

I agree on a large scale, but there are incremental things they could do. If things seems to be working ok with the Frozen singalong, they could open more shows - with social distancing seating ... if the social distancing character meet and greets are working they could open more of those (and for inside locaitons like Tink and Mickey in Town Sq) .... they could extend park hours so people can spread themselves out timewise ... open up more dining location (maybe even "popup" type things)

None of that would let them double capacity or anything or make the parks go back to what they felt like in July ... but if they can increase capacity/trhoughut within the parks by 20% that would help quite a bit

Did you et a look at the pathway from the MK side of the bridge to the new boat dock? i think that is what they are now working on to connect the bridge to the MK entrance ... I think the bridge itself is done
Yes, there is work being done on that pathway. If you look at the last picture you'll see some construction equipment. This was a Sunday so there wasn't any actual work going on that day.

Yup, some interactions need the friction. VQ removes all friction of riding a ride, and you end up with ROTR.

Having a hybrid where you have to go to the ride, and you get a return to come to the end of the line keeps at least some friction there.

This sounds a lot like the old paper FP system, where you had to go to the ride to get a pass and sometimes wait on a small line for the machines to free up. We really miss that version of FP, maybe Covid will help bring something like it back.

Last edited:
continuing rant, haha. I was hoping that by this time there might at least a semblance of normalcy or at least expectations could be known to a reasonable degree. But .. it's starting to sound like a trip in the near future, (end of 2020, early 2021), is about the same as your chances of getting a ride on ROTR - with great effort and planning it boils down to a coin toss at best.
A coin flip indeed.

I think a lot of people (myself maybe included) that had plans for end of 2020 and early 2021 may start cancelling those trips now that it is pretty obvious that things aren't heading back to normal at the rate we hoped. Besides a few more hotels opening and a few more restaurants, I don't see WDW being much different in 2021 than it is right now.

I am guessing we'll be seeing January - March 2021 discounts real soon. No marathons, no special holiday decorations, colder weather, lots of closed/refurbished attractions and no "normal" in sight --- may be difficult for WDW to entice guests there. For many (like us here) .. it still may be worth it, but I would gather that WDW will continue to suffer hard.

Did you et a look at the pathway from the MK side of the bridge to the new boat dock? i think that is what they are now working on to connect the bridge to the MK entrance ... I think the bridge itself is done
I was there last week. Wish I got a few pictures. Between the new dock and the monorail station there is still a bit of work going on. There were some curious posts in that space. Didn't seem like they were for lighting, but didn't look like they were for a structure either. Possibly for signage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter