News Round Up 2020

For what its worth, there is a large tower crane being assembled in the Poly parking lot, obviously in preparation for the work on the Great Ceremonial House.

For what its worth, there is a large tower crane being assembled in the Poly parking lot, obviously in preparation for the work on the Great Ceremonial House.
Different than the yellow one that has been there for a couple weeks already? They were using that to remove the beams. Two sections had already been removed in the last update I saw.

Different than the yellow one that has been there for a couple weeks already? They were using that to remove the beams. Two sections had already been removed in the last update I saw.
Hmmm, you know, it might just be the same one but in the tear-down process.

This would work well .. basically like the Rider Swap. Having to physically go to the ride puts a barrier of entry .. which helps control the demand (which I feel will be needed). Things like mobile ordering (at all restaurants, not just WDW ones) is eliminating the "difficulty" of making an order physically .. thus overwhelming restaurants with too many orders at peak times, thus causing horrible customer service (in long wait times, no human interaction, cold/wrong food, etc.)

I think it is key to be implemented WITHOUT the need of a phone/app - just scan your band .. and go (and look on the app later to see when your return time is), but I don't see that happening since they have that technology built-in already to MDE for Rise.
Yup, some interactions need the friction. VQ removes all friction of riding a ride, and you end up with ROTR.

Having a hybrid where you have to go to the ride, and you get a return to come to the end of the line keeps at least some friction there.

The problem with mobile order is it creates sort of a mob outside the restaurant while everyone waits for the burger flipping icon to change to "order ready". Mobile order does work great, but most people really don't think well ahead to make it work as well as we hope.
Sort of need an estimated time until ready with a count down screen. Otherwise people will congregate.
Really, mobile order should have available time slots that fill up.

continuing rant, haha. I was hoping that by this time there might at least a semblance of normalcy or at least expectations could be known to a reasonable degree. But .. it's starting to sound like a trip in the near future, (end of 2020, early 2021), is about the same as your chances of getting a ride on ROTR - with great effort and planning it boils down to a coin toss at best.

continuing rant, haha. I was hoping that by this time there might at least a semblance of normalcy or at least expectations could be known to a reasonable degree. But .. it's starting to sound like a trip in the near future, (end of 2020, early 2021), is about the same as your chances of getting a ride on ROTR - with great effort and planning it boils down to a coin toss at best.
Since March, lots of things havent had as good of odds as a coin toss. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter