News Round Up 2020

Super Nintendo World is going to be a real game changer. My 8 year old Son and his friends are incredibly excited about it. They are for more excited about Super Nintendo World than anything at or planned for the Disney parks.

I am guessing that about 6mo before Epic SNW opens is when WDW will give us the full SWGE experience with robots, stage shows and additional characters.

Well it’s part of the what’s easily the largest project in the industry right now. Plus it will finally give Universal a true draw for the younger crowd. I can easily see this giving Universal another Potter sized boost if it delivers. I don’t think Disney is doing anywhere near enough to counter, especially since SeaWorld is also getting aggressive now.

This place is going to be crazy.
Agree ..

I feel Harry Potter got people to go to Universal that never would have gone to Universal EVER (or don't even have any interest in any other parts of the parks besides Wizarding World). I don't feel SWGE did that. Because the new movies didn't really excite a new fanbase in Star Wars, I just don't hear people wanting to take their family to Disney specifically for SWGE like I hear families wanting to go to Universal JUST for Wizarding World. That is anecdotal though.

Super Nintendo World? it has such a long history (almost as long as Star Wars) but is still VERY relevant to the kids of today and nostalgic to the kids of yesterday. It will definitely pull market share from WDW and I don't know how Disney will respond (or if they need to).

Disney+ was the most downloaded app in the US in Q4 2019:

https://techcrunch.com/2020/01/14/disney-was-the-most-downloaded-app-in-the-u-s-in-q4-2019/
Numbers are estimates of course, but impressive given the reach of apps like TikTok and Fortnite. 30M obviously double counts a lot of people (especially in families), but doesn't count those people for whom the download was passively pushed to their device such as some TVs.
Sure it’s an estimate, but it wasn’t even close.

Amazing, given Disney’s history with things like this, how well they executed this one. Props to the PR and Marketing people.

I know its not likely and of course very expensive, but I am not sure why they cant theme or paint the concrete supports that goes through that part of Epcot. I know they arent going to actually tear down the line anytime soon and rebuild it so it can handle newer more modern monorails but a little metallic paint could give the line in epcot a bit more of a cleaner feel at least in the actual park

I know its not likely and of course very expensive, but I am not sure why they cant theme or paint the concrete supports that goes through that part of Epcot. I know they arent going to actually tear down the line anytime soon and rebuild it so it can handle newer more modern monorails but a little metallic paint could give the line in epcot a bit more of a cleaner feel at least in the actual park

They could let ivy grow on it and trim it for overgrowth. But if you don't like ivy, that won't go over well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter