News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something just happened in the Soren building. We just got off the ride and they had us exit outside of the building. The escalators aren't working most of the lights are out in the building. The water in the sinks aren't working but the toilets are working. And there's no air conditioning.

Just heard it's a power outage for the bldg
Soarin'? Do you mean the whole Land building?

Soarin'? Do you mean the whole Land building?

Yeah, another poster got their GG lunch for free because of the power outage. They'd gotten all their food but got bottled pop because the fountain didn't work and said not all food was being served. They'd also stopped rotating when LWTL went down but their lights also went partly out.

Unless there is a last minute save, it looks like Thomas Cook who do multiple flights a day from the UK to MCO among other destinations will go under at midnight tonight (GMT).

This will likely mean less tourism from the UK over the coming months as thousands of holidays will be cancelled

From a personal level I have a holiday booked with them for the Halloween period next week month and it upsets me to think that likely wont be happening anymore, but I feel even more for those thst will lose their jobs.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for that last minute save.

So, will we soon hear it is running "seasonally" too?

It's an odd case in that what makes it "special" is also what makes it problematic. The fact that it is up high is the best part, but the fact you need to take that elevator up is an added maintenance element and strains capacity.

Maybe be if they added a big ramp in theme with the coming Tron walkway or something it would be better

So, will we soon hear it is running "seasonally" too?

They should just say it's up on the roof :rotfl2: If anyone doesn't know the joke, look it up. We say this all the time in our family when things aren't looking good.

NEWS

Winnie the Pooh meet and greet in Epcot reopens after being closed for 3 years

https://blogmickey.com/2019/09/winn...reopens-at-epcot-after-more-than-three-years/
The big question is: Does it have an automatic photo box? :)

I am sure we'll start to see a ton of new M&Gs or special events to keep people entertained during this construction mess like they did at DHS (with Frozen, Incredibles, Launch Bay, etc.) -- (some of which seem semi-permanent there now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!