News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
REVIEW

New lunch menu at Be Our Guest:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/review-new-lunch-menu-at-be-our-guest-restaurant/

I think I missed when this was announced that there were updates to the lunch menu at BOG. As a quick summary: the cheapest items were removed and replaced with more expensive ones while the items that remained when up in price. This is now one of the (if not the) best use of a quick service dining plan credit (for value) and one of the worst to pay out of pocket.
It was already expensive enough .. eesh. Now I can get an even more expensive "fancy" ham and cheese or roast beef sandwich.

It was already expensive enough .. eesh. Now I can get an even more expensive "fancy" ham and cheese or roast beef sandwich.

yeah, the article definitely focuses on the sandwiches not being worth it now. Does phrase it that some of the other food is almost at the low end of a table service so if you think that options like the braised chicken are equal to what you can get at a table service location and would cost more if it was at a table service location, than that option doesn't seem as bad - but yeah, definitely tough to do this when paying out of pocket

The previous prices were barely tolerable. I’m not paying that much for a quick service sandwich. And the price on the soup is insane now! Oh well, I’ll be a kids meal or cupcake only diner from now on the once or twice a year I splurge on lunch there. The inside is too amazing to never see.

Question about the new Hagrid's coaster.

Does it have slow parts that you can see all the Magical Creatures? Or do you have to try and catch them as you are whizzing by?

Thanks! I may have to use one of our days next May to check out this ride.

Does it have slow parts that you can see all the Magical Creatures? Or do you have to try and catch them as you are whizzing by?

It does slow at various parts.

If you guys think the character buffets just got bad in the past few years....

When I first joined the DIS a while ago I made a spreadsheet that listed all the character meals and the prices. I'll try to dig that out with I get home. Would be quite the eye opener.

Is there a current list of buffet/character meal prices? I thought I saw a recent post reporting some meals that were around $55 were up to $60+

REVIEW

New lunch menu at Be Our Guest:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/review-new-lunch-menu-at-be-our-guest-restaurant/

I think I missed when this was announced that there were updates to the lunch menu at BOG. As a quick summary: the cheapest items were removed and replaced with more expensive ones while the items that remained when up in price. This is now one of the (if not the) best use of a quick service dining plan credit (for value) and one of the worst to pay out of pocket.
Makes me happy I scored a PPO BOG breakfast and a lunch at BOG for our December trip. I haven't read the article so I hope the pork dish is still available for lunch. We booked that dec trip on a bounce back last fall for free dining. Haven't had that in a while so I'll take advantage of it with BOG. Agreed that it's way over priced if you are paying OOP though.

From what I've heard it's the only complaint about it....that in some spots they wished it went a little slower to enjoy the scene. Really excited to check this out in Sept! I watched Craig Williams' queue walk through video and it looks amazing!

There is a report that Sonny Eclipse is missing again. The report said it was to make room for a DJ during the Villains After Hours events. Anybody have more intel on this? I could only find the one report.

Seems pretty crummy to take him away from everyone just to accommodate another paid event.

Makes me happy I scored a PPO BOG breakfast and a lunch at BOG for our December trip. I haven't read the article so I hope the pork dish is still available for lunch. We booked that dec trip on a bounce back last fall for free dining. Haven't had that in a while so I'll take advantage of it with BOG. Agreed that it's way over priced if you are paying OOP though.

I think they replaced the pork with chicken.

There is a report that Sonny Eclipse is missing again. The report said it was to make room for a DJ during the Villains After Hours events. Anybody have more intel on this? I could only find the one report.

Seems pretty crummy to take him away from everyone just to accommodate another paid event.

The DJ at Villains After Hours is on the Cinderella Castle stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!