News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time labeling a product that doesn’t work when trying to use it as a success. Now I assume most of these issues are simply launch issue and should be ironed out relatively soon. But with how much they pushed preorders, they should have had their servers well prepared for this. Really I would just like to watch some shows.

I've been trying for over an hour now on 3 different devices (firestick, android phone, and laptop) and couldn't get ANYTHING to work until just now I was able to start Captain Marvel on my laptop. Still no Mandalorian or anything else. But I was so relieved to see SOMETHING work!

EDIT: Okay, now it seems like nearly everything EXCEPT The Mandalorian will work. I hope this means they're finally getting on top of the problem (or enough people have given up?) and it'll all start working smoothly soon.

Got some error messages this morning when I first tried to get on - downloading was pretty easy. Downloading the app onto our Samsung smart TV was very fast. Fire TV Stick was a little slower, but not bad, but got the "Unable to Connect to Disney+" for a while when trying to log in. Was then able to get to the side menus, but the home page got that message still for a bit. On iOS, I actually had a hard time finding the app in the App Store. I searched "Disney+" but it did not come up. I went into the first choice (think it was MDE) and then selected "Disney" for the developer, Disney+ then came up for the choices of their apps.

We were browsing through the app, checking things out, etc. I found it was very slow loading the individual pages when selecting a movie or series (would get the circle going for 10-15 seconds sometimes). Also, the categories are not fully populated yet for us - so, for example, selecting Movies, then selecting Action/Adventure, they only had the A's come up. For A-Z movies, they first only had the A's and B's and some C's (stopped with the live action Cinderella, didn't have the animated), then some more came up when we checked again shortly after, getting into the D's I believe.

So, basically some issues and not smooth yet, but not bad for a few hours in and not nearly as bad as the usual roll-out type stuff.

Feels like a non-story and just a BIG CORPORATIONS STINK type of story. Yes.. they had issues .. and people got in eventually no issue.

Now if it was down all day or some disaster like that.. thats a story. But having a highly anticipated and awaited streaming service have issues when everyone is trying to download it and use it all at once?That is a success, not a failure.

true - though I still think they should have released the app early and let people sort out their login credentials, etc. and had that part all ready to go for when the content went live

We have an older Samsung smartTV and I don't see the app in the store. Maybe later?

I can't find the FireStick so at 6am I got the app on my Galaxy S10 and used Chromecast to watch on TV. After much internal debate, watched Steamboat Willie first. Youngest daughter watched Forky (hilarious), oldest daughter watched HSMTM. Need to wait for DH to watch The Mandalorian, but I CANNOT wait to start the Imagineering Story!

Bleh, Star wars are the special editions. I had a slight amount of hope.
Disney+ is less impressive than I was expecting - everything is just a blue screen after I log in

View attachment 452110
Ours worked this morning....maybe it's because we have a Sony Smart TV? I couldnt get Moana at home this morning but can watch it fine on my phone just now. Cant wait to watch the Mandalorian after work. I want to sneak a peak now but will delay gratification so hubby can watch with me. Yippeeeeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter