News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

Disney to remove "loose bins" at security - guests will now be able to walk through metal detectors with small items in their pockets (cell phones, etc.)

https://wdwnt.com/2019/05/breaking-...-walk-through-metal-detector-with-belongings/

Doesn't this sort of defeat the security purpose? Disney should just go to scanners.

yeah, you'd think - if a cell phone or car keys won't set it off, will it catch a small picket knife or something?

I know a bit part of security is the "show" of it and people not wanting to risk things .... but I agree - the Universal method seems better and fairer to people

They already don’t pick up small knives. And if they won’t pick up cell phones now, then they won’t pick up larger knives or other metal objects. But since you can easily and intentionally avoid the metal detectors every time you enter it won’t really matter.

Makes sense (haven't been there, but still). I'm surprised they don't use them on the cruise ships - that seems like the most logical place to use them.

Especially since they have the technology on the ships already as the kids have MB for the kids clubs

They already don’t pick up small knives. And if they won’t pick up cell phones now, then they won’t pick up larger knives or other metal objects. But since you can easily and intentionally avoid the metal detectors every time you enter it won’t really matter.
True...

My *non-spoiler* review of the live-action Aladdin: I was very skeptical about this movie going into it. However, it was very enjoyable. There were a few moments of the film that I didn’t like for one reason or another. However, I was impressed with the acting, the dancing, and the singing (at times). There are several aspects to this film that aren’t in the animated feature, and I really enjoyed this fresh take on a Disney classic! Would I see this movie again? Yes I would, but I’m not running to see it again. Do I think this movie is worth seeing in a theater? Yes. I think this movie should be seen in a movie theater first. Overall, I give the live-action Aladdin a 7 out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter