News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
or the first could have been a combination of 1 and 2 .... 1 did have Darth Maul. I think Episode II is the worst of them

If you take out the Anakin/Padme romance its not nearly as bad, imo. The chase sequence on Coruscant at the beginning is awesome and I love when the Clone Army come in full force the first time. It is certainly the weakest though.

If you take out the Anakin/Padme romance its not nearly as bad, imo.
But then we wouldn't get this gem!!??!?!
sandicon.jpg

Thats what The Clone Wars are for :) I wish it had been more gradual in the film but the tv series did an excellent job of showing a slow progression of Anakin becoming a darker person. He’s completely different in the last episode compared to the first.

Same. Clone Wars is my all time favorite. Even over the OT

In my opinion, it was a failure of the writing to need five additional seasons of a tangential cartoon to get the full enjoyment out of the films.

Prior to the Prequel's, the movies completely stood on their own, with little to be gained from delving into the extended lore (again in my opinion).

So what we got this time, was a trilogy of films that didn't completely stand on their own story-wise, since Lucas lazily (imo) intertwined with a cartoon that doesn't stand on it's own either.

That is just poor storytelling (again, imo...)

With all that said, I do enjoy the prequel trilogy primarily for the endless flow of memes that have resulted.

To be honest, I've probably gotten almost, if not more entertainment out of that, than the actual quality films of the OT themselves which are some of my favorite movies of all time (primarily ANH and ESB).

So kudos to the prequel's, but no, they aren't nor will they ever be considered near the level of the OT or the new trilogy.

ON NEWS TOPIC:

Endgame to pass Avatar mid week? or by the end of next weekend? (globally)

Oh man, the front is going to look pretty messed up for a bit, but I am so excited to see what the transformation will be like! The monoliths are/were a huge eyesore.

Agreed. We will be there in November. I'm hopeful the deconstruction will be complete by then. This quote gives me some hope that it will.
Disney has stated that guests will be able to find their photos in a new display outside the park entrance in early 2020.

In my opinion, it was a failure of the writing to need five additional seasons of a tangential cartoon to get the full enjoyment out of the films.

Prior to the Prequel's, the movies completely stood on their own, with little to be gained from delving into the extended lore (again in my opinion).

So what we got this time, was a trilogy of films that didn't completely stand on their own story-wise, since Lucas lazily (imo) intertwined with a cartoon that doesn't stand on it's own either.

That is just poor storytelling (again, imo...)

With all that said, I do enjoy the prequel trilogy primarily for the endless flow of memes that have resulted.

To be honest, I've probably gotten almost, if not more entertainment out of that, than the actual quality films of the OT themselves which are some of my favorite movies of all time (primarily ANH and ESB).

So kudos to the prequel's, but no, they aren't nor will they ever be considered near the level of the OT or the new trilogy.

ON NEWS TOPIC:

Endgame to pass Avatar mid week? or by the end of next weekend? (globally)

Tangential? Haha ok. Your opinion has been noted. May the Force be with you.

This is just a random thought...Can we make a separate thread for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge pictures or put them in a spoiler now? I’m only asking since I’m someone that can’t see it until it opens at Walt Disney World two months later and I would like to be as surprised as possible.
I agree. Once the land opens at DLR, I feel like I'm going to have to hide from pics popping up everywhere else. I'd rather this specific thread be a "safe space"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter