News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solo gets a bad wrap and I don't understand why. Was it an amazing film? No but it was fun and enjoyable. Not everything needs to be the greatest film in history.

I didn't say I didn't like it. I actually like it quite a bit and own all of the Disney Star Wars films on Blu Ray. Just saying that the prequels never had a box office Turkey on that level.

I still feel like a really good editor could take the 3 prequels and make 1 really excellent movie out of them ... Some really good parts but a lot of, um, less than stellar parts
Well, since Disney seems to like remakes so much, maybe they could put these 3 on the slate...

yeah, as I mentioned above, I think there is a good movie in there - just go so side tracked and too much of the time was spent on less important things. Also, Obi-Wan and Anakin spend a lot of time talking about cool stuff they did in the past - but none of it gets shown (sort of a negative for a film to talk about stuff that would be cooler to see than the stuff you actually see)

Also, I just didn't buy how quick Anakin's full plunge to the dark side happened ... like they built it slowly up the first 2 films, and then in the 3rd after the first act he does now all of sudden he is cool with killing younglings and stuff? That felt really rushed - and I think that part, his slow walk towards being fully Darth Vader, is what I wanted to see more of

They just never should have started with Anakin so young. I get Lucas wanted to have the innocence of a child up against what he becomes but it is too huge of a time jump and like you said they didn't spend enough time building his fall.

I also enjoyed solo. Sometimes i appreciate when the movies are smaller and the fate of the galaxy isn't at stake.

Do we know when the tombstone removal project will be finished?

I really enjoyed Solo too. Its very re-watchable because its just such a fun movie that had some of that great classic Star Wars charm and world building. Really hoping to get to see more of that cast.

They just never should have started with Anakin so young. I get Lucas wanted to have the innocence of a child up against what he becomes but it is too huge of a time jump and like you said they didn't spend enough time building his fall.

or at the very least that is just the first 10 minutes of the first film or something ... spent way too much time on it

Well, since Disney seems to like remakes so much, maybe they could put these 3 on the slate...

my friends and I have joked that the prequels would do well as an episodic series. Make each movie an 8-10 episode series of 45ish min episodes. I know that will never happen but...

or at the very least that is just the first 10 minutes of the first film or something ... spent way too much time on it

It would have been great as an opening bit. Have young Anakin parallel some of younger Luke from ANH and then jump to 10 years later with Obi Wan and Qui Gon going to Tattooine for something

yeah, as I mentioned above, I think there is a good movie in there - just go so side tracked and too much of the time was spent on less important things. Also, Obi-Wan and Anakin spend a lot of time talking about cool stuff they did in the past - but none of it gets shown (sort of a negative for a film to talk about stuff that would be cooler to see than the stuff you actually see)

Also, I just didn't buy how quick Anakin's full plunge to the dark side happened ... like they built it slowly up the first 2 films, and then in the 3rd after the first act he does now all of sudden he is cool with killing younglings and stuff? That felt really rushed - and I think that part, his slow walk towards being fully Darth Vader, is what I wanted to see more of

I don't want to drag on discussions about the prequels here (or anywhere) again. BUT to your point, super-fan Topher Grace made an 85 minute "movie" by editing down the 3 prequels a few years ago.

https://nofilmschool.com/2014/05/topher-grace-star-wars-editor-strikes-back-redux-jedi

Thats what The Clone Wars are for :) I wish it had been more gradual in the film but the tv series did an excellent job of showing a slow progression of Anakin becoming a darker person. He’s completely different in the last episode compared to the first.

Ugh...those new pressed penny machine don't even look nice. Plus, I just like the idea of being able to give the kids a bunch of coins and that's all they need to press the pennies. I worry less about handing them a bag of coins than a pocket full of bills, and I think they like the coins best, too. Not cool, Disney. Nostalgia is the key for me with those machines, and using my credit card really kills that for me.

I really enjoyed Solo too. Its very re-watchable because its just such a fun movie that had some of that great classic Star Wars charm and world building. Really hoping to get to see more of that cast.
I agree. I went in with diminished expectations of Solo and ended by wanting to see another Solo/Chewy/Lando adventure. I really enjoyed it. I find I like the non-Skywalker movies/shows of the SW universe than the Skywalker saga.

That is why the Clone Wars TV show was sooo good. It filled in the gaps between Episode 2 and 3 and the fall is that more meaningful because you see his growing bond with Obi-wan, slow move to darkness (as he questions how the Jedi are waging the war and you see more of the secret relationship with padme).

Really.. the prequel trilogy should have been Episode 2 -- A Clone Wars movie (to show the bonding of Anakin and ObiWan and the slow corruption from palpatine) -- Episode 3.

Episode 1 was too much about Palpatines rise to power and less about young Anikan. But it did have pod racing!

I agree. I went in with diminished expectations of Solo and ended by wanting to see another Solo/Chewy/Lando adventure. I really enjoyed it. I find I like the non-Skywalker movies/shows of the SW universe than the Skywalker saga.

Same. Clone Wars is my all time favorite. Even over the OT

That is why the Clone Wars TV show was sooo good. It filled in the gaps between Episode 2 and 3 and the fall is that more meaningful because you see his growing bond with Obi-wan, slow move to darkness (as he questions how the Jedi are waging the war and you see more of the secret relationship with padme).

Really.. the prequel trilogy should have been Episode 2 -- A Clone Wars movie (to show the bonding of Anakin and ObiWan and the slow corruption from palpatine) -- Episode 3.

Episode 1 was too much about Palpatines rise to power and less about young Anikan. But it did have pod racing!

or the first could have been a combination of 1 and 2 .... 1 did have Darth Maul. I think Episode II is the worst of them

Granted, I actually enjoyed the Papatine stuff and politics of Phantom Menace but I agree the focus was way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter