News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought upon seeing this was that the thief sold the wristband and whoever bought it had no idea about the story behind it but... it sounds like it was a random glitch? Is that possible? But yeah it made more sense to me that a burglar would dump it and wash their hands of the whole thing instead of showing up and going on rides with it.

(note that I've never used these wristbands so I have no idea about their capabilities beyond the basics)

I'm curious as to how someone got into the park with another person's band, unless they switched it after entering the park?
I don't think they used it to get in the park. Only that they were carrying it with them.

This is kind of an interesting story ... a magicband was stolen in a home burglary and then a person wearing that stolen MB showed up in a ride photo taken on the Buzz Light Year Space Ranger Spin (not known if this is the burgler or got the band later)

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...graphed-on-buzz-lightyears-space-ranger-spin/
This is making me think that this is the first crime to involve the MagicBand ever since they were first introduced years ago.

Disney+ will be the ad free subscription model like Netflix.

There is potential for Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ to be available at a bundled rate.
I don't know that we would get Disney+ but I'm glad that they aren't deciding (at least right now) to do different tiers with one being commercial free and one not.

This is making me think that this is the first crime to involve the MagicBand ever since they were first introduced years ago.
I'm not convinced that the photo was of the thief. As I said in my first post a few pages back, I have many photos of people I don't know in my photo pass trip pictures from Buzz....almost from every trip in the last few years. They were not wearing one of our bands. The photo pass ride system, particularly on this ride where the photo is automatic, often messes up.

What possible use could someone use an unknown person's band for without having access to their MDE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter