News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the enhancements are? My guess is that they redid that entire building as they didn't mention "Conservation Station" in the little blurb. I'm a huge fan of zoos, but I always found that building pretty boring and stale. They could do a lot to make it more exciting. It definitely isn't as exciting or memorable as the Seas pavilion, but feels like it could be.

I wonder if they will just ditch the vet exam room. They should just put an animal exhibit in there rather than a vet room that you have to be pretty lucky to see any action in.
The building hasn’t changed too much. It was still in use while it was closed.

The animal hospital portion can’t go anywhere unless they relocate it as it’s a necessity for the park.

The building hasn’t changed too much. It was still in use while it was closed.

The animal hospital portion can’t go anywhere unless they relocate it as it’s a necessity for the park.
Ahh . yes . I guess that building is pretty much "back stage" anyway. Armchair theme park director here thinks the space could be better utilized for a better guest experience. :)

I'm excited to see what they do with the area. I've enjoyed the train ride and the quietness of the area and the petting zoo for the kids, but it has always felt like one of those areas that was lacking .. or just another area of the park that just was underdeveloped (due to budget cuts) like Dinoland, USA. I can see a lot of guests never going there (when they find out "it's just a petting zoon") or being severely disappointed after a train ride and long walk.

Was something else planned originally for this area of the park? just seems like an odd use of space to have a train that goes pretty much nowhere (except a long path to petting zoo/conservation station) so far away from everything else in the park.

Ahh . yes . I guess that building is pretty much "back stage" anyway. Armchair theme park director here thinks the space could be better utilized for a better guest experience. :)

I'm excited to see what they do with the area. I've enjoyed the train ride and the quietness of the area and the petting zoo for the kids, but it has always felt like one of those areas that was lacking .. or just another area of the park that just was underdeveloped (due to budget cuts) like Dinoland, USA. I can see a lot of guests never going there (when they find out "it's just a petting zoon") or being severely disappointed after a train ride and long walk.

Was something else planned originally for this area of the park? just seems like an odd use of space to have a train that goes pretty much nowhere (except a long path to petting zoo/conservation station) so far away from everything else in the park.
This area specifically wasn’t supposed to be much different originally. The land in front of it though which is still currently empty and an expansion pad was supposed to be part of Tiger River Run a much longer more involved rapids ride but we got Kali instead.

To me Bond is a little different than an animated film.

How so? A story is a story and a movie is a movie. The Land Before Time franchise has 14 films. I'm not talking about the quality of prolonging the Toy Story franchise, I'm just talking about the possibility.

James Bond is entirely different though.

The franchise is built upon the premise that Bond does NOT have to be played by the same actor. It's firmly entrenched that an actor will play the role and eventually someone will take over their place.

Toy Story Tom Hanks and Tim Allen ARE Buzz and Woody respectively. The franchise would not do well IMO if they switched out the actors with other people. Now I do agree that they could shift the focus to other characters but TBH I would personally want them to name subsequent movies something else other than Toy Story. There's no issue with creating spin offs just make it actually be spin offs IMO. "_____________: A Toy Story Story" (mimicking Star Wars anthology movies) doesn't have quite the same ring to it lol.

I agree that James Bond as a character is completely different and also agree to your point that Bond will inevitably be played by different actors. I wouldn't want to see Woody or Buzz played by anyone else either. It would be a huge misstep. I wasn't talking about re-casting Woody or Buzz or any other toy. Just the fact that there is nothing stopping Disney/Pixar from shifting focus to a new group of toys and keeping the franchise going. If this were to happen I would personally rather see titles of the movies set up like 'Toy Story: [Subtitle]'.

How so? A story is a story and a movie is a movie. The Land Before Time franchise has 14 films. I'm not talking about the quality of prolonging the Toy Story franchise, I'm just talking about the possibility.

They could certainly keep pumping them out, but Land Before Time is an interesting example. 13 of them are straight to video, low budget sequels. And none of which were highly profitable, nor were any of the games or tv show. That’s a very different world than theatrical films.

Really what I wanted from Toy Story was a continuance of those shorts they were making, which very much could keep the franchise going without major releases. That seemed like the best option over numbered sequels, I really hope Toy Story 4 doesn’t break the streak of quality.

Somehow I think you just called me odd. pirate: You haven't been talking to Mrs. Tigger have you? pirate:
LOL! Not at all! The more I thought about it, the more I kinda' like the idea and might get one!

When I told my kids they were removing these, they were SO disappointed!! We've stayed at Bay Lake Tower and Contemporary for years, and we always look at these when we walk to MK from there. Thinking about getting one just as a memento of all of those walks since they were toddlers (now 12 and 14). :)

LOL! Not at all! The more I thought about it, the more I kinda' like the idea and might get one!

When I told my kids they were removing these, they were SO disappointed!! We've stayed at Bay Lake Tower and Contemporary for years, and we always look at these when we walk to MK from there. Thinking about getting one just as a memento of all of those walks since they were toddlers (now 12 and 14). :)

Yeah, Like I said ealier, one with our honeymoon dates at the CR would look real good on my back porch. We head down in 5 weeks, driving and I think one will be coming home with us.

Oh, and I am a bit odd. All of us 54 year old men who are Dis fans have to have an odd streak in us somewhere! pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter