News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where we live in Canada, a spoon with fork like prongs in the centre is called a 'spork'. Kinda a spoon and fork joined together. This is common terminology here.

View attachment 364889

It is here in the US, too, but I think Forky is Forky for one of two reasons:
1. Spork is trademarked
2. Bonnie in the film is young and my not know the term "spork." I don't think my 5 year old would know to call it that. Bonnie just named him what she wanted to name him. Like a cat named Bunny or something! :-)

The scary part is something someone posted on Twitter: "he has a high chance of having a toy made of him. Imagine that if you will, next year's hottest selling toy at Christmas is a chintzy plastic fork with pipe cleaner arms."
Haha wow, hopefully it would be a plush so its not sharp/jagged

Last week I rode the monorail with a family with 2 rambunctious little boys that were bouncing all over. I cringed when they leaned against the door. I thought I was just being paranoid so I didn't say anything about leaning on the doors. Yikes.

I usually won't say anything about someone's annoying kids - but on the monorail I would. I wouldn't lean against those doors on a $1000 bet.

Also "Monorail - Lime" sound like Budweiser's newest beer flavor.

Hmm i wonder if the Daily inspections for the Monorail will now be opening all the doors and checking the metal and screws that join the door to the body. You would think it already would be with the Monorails history but i guess not

Hmm i wonder if the Daily inspections for the Monorail will now be opening all the doors and checking the metal and screws that join the door to the body. You would think it already would be with the Monorails history but i guess not
Monorail Lime just came back from a refurb too.

The rumor is an ECV rammed through the door while it was stopped at the GF station so this did not happen while it was in motion.

The rumor is an ECV rammed through the door while it was stopped at the GF station so this did not happen while it was in motion.

I posted on the thread about the ECV that fell off the ramp getting off the monorail - I am surprised things like this don't happen more. Last trip, for the first time we had someone in an ECV (my mother-in-law) and she did fine with it in the parks but getting on and off the monorail was a challenge and I am sure it is for many other people not used to driving them

This makes me feel SO much better. I know the monorails can be unreliable with service interruptions and issues, but when safety is at risk, thats when I am more concerned.

So it "could" happen while in motion though (unless they lock them in like on the busses), hate to picture that in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter