News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow, that concrete is definitely over designed. Has about as much RE as a bridge deck and about the same thickness as an interstate. As a comparison, interstate roadways on grade typically of no RE.
This concrete does have to hold the mobile stages on top of it. So it does see some load wear.

Am I the only one who is hoping for a surprise, secret cameo by Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins Returns? Have heard that she is not in it but still dreaming they surprise us somehow! Love Dick Van Dyke! So happy he will be in it!

No - you are not alone! I'm REALLY hoping for this, too. She could be Mrs. Banks or something. So glad Dick Van Dyke is there, but it'd be awesome to see them in a scene together with nice WINK to the camera.

RUMOR

DAH expanding to other parks? Someone (@Elsaspiritanimal ) posted this on the DAH thread and I wanted to share it here.

http://blogmickey.com/2018/10/rumor...anding-to-more-walt-disney-world-theme-parks/

Not surprising but I am curious how popular these ones will be. I see it being popular for Pandora but what about the rest of the park that already is usually walk on late afternoon/ early evening.

For Studios I see it actually being worth it for the whole park, and once Star Wars opens, it'll be great. But I think this suggests that we may not get the Magic Hour benefit that was offered for Pandora with Star Wars, with hours every night since they can sell it instead. Hopefully they have a mix and not just paid "limited" access nightly

RUMOR

DAH expanding to other parks? Someone (@Elsaspiritanimal ) posted this on the DAH thread and I wanted to share it here.

http://blogmickey.com/2018/10/rumor...anding-to-more-walt-disney-world-theme-parks/
I've been saying this for a year or so now ---

They will have a DAH and EMM in EVERY park soon. Maybe even by the end of next year. It would be silly not to at this point with how popular they are. And once they do that, you'll see EMH go away. (Why give away for free what people are willing to pay for). I mean there are two EMM's for DHS every week -- yet only ONE EMH. Pretty telling.

Whether the replace that resort-only perk with something --- only time will tell. Frankly they probably don't need to with how people flock to Disney.

This is just another way to "monetize" Fast Passes. The events essentially (if they keep it limited) give you little wait access to some of the most popular rides. All for practically the price of another ticket (or more).

Last edited:
The sad thing is, as others have expressed, Disney no longer offers open to close days many days. People are willing to pay for 'extra magic' both in the mornings and evenings so basically Disney is doubling their cash without adding many hours.

Our family is going in December and over 6 days that we are there, the MK is closing early 3 of those nights and another night is offering Evening Extra Magic. What it does is cause us to plan carefully if we want to enjoy the fireworks as they are offered only 3/6 nights.

The good thing is that historically I've found that the MK is quieter during the day on party nights so since we have PHs due to FD offer, we will visit MK on party days then go elsewhere. On non-party days we'll go to another park then bounce to the MK for the fireworks.

It takes planning but is doable. More and more people are willing to pay to go before/after hours so it's just one more thing to plan into our touring plans!

I agree with everyone about the after hours ticketed events... It would be great to take advantage of that, but you shouldn't HAVE to do that in order to enjoy MK at night. From end of August through the end of the year - 4+ months - 1/3 of the year - between the Halloween Parties and Christmas Parties, there are only 3 nights every week available to folks staying in on-site properties, and one of those is not available to off-site guests. Hard to plan evenings when the other parks typically close in the 8-9 PM time frame with only one Epcot and one MK night for EMH.... I'm a obsessive planner, but this is kinda of like putting a puzzle together with pieces missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter