News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHOTOS, REVIEW: We Ate A 2 Foot Long, $25 Hot Dog at Casey’s Corner in the Magic Kingdom
Not really a review, just pictures. But, boy! what pictures!

One observation... The bun may be 2 feet long but the there's two frankfurters in there. Looks like a good lunch for two people.

D23 "Behind the Scenes Experience" for Toy Story Land (for July 30th) now on sale!

https://tickets.d23.com/event/d23toystorylandbts67gt89o

Event starts at 5:45am, lasts 3.5 hours and costs $150/person

The morning will begin with a D23-exclusive guided tour of Toy Story Land, led by a Disney Imagineer that will share unique details of the new, exciting land. During the behind-the-scenes experience, D23 Members will “shrink” to the size of a toy and witness the fun that Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and the other beloved toys are having in Andy’s backyard. Stories will be shared behind the development of the land, including details on the two brand-new attractions, Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers.

Attendees will have the opportunity to experience both of the brand-new attractions, as well as walk through a carnival game box to test their skills on the fan-favorite Toy Story Mania! attraction!

Following the tour, event guests will enjoy a private and custom-created breakfast at Hollywood Brown Derby featuring food inspired by Woody’s Lunch Box.

In addition to a custom-made gift created for this behind-the-scenes experience, all attendees with receive a D23-exclusive Toy Story Land matted print to commemorate the opening of this brand new land at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I know the rides were considered “basic” but it really was one of the most adorably themed lands in all of Disney. Little ones will miss it for sure.

Little ones will miss it for about 5 years, and then they won't be little anymore. The new round of little ones won't know it existed, so they won't have an opinion.

Some menu items are out. Some booths likely won't change much from year to year.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-booths-menus-and-food-photos/
Only 3, out of 30 or so. I generally find about 30% of the menu changes each year. Enough to expect something different and not be able to count on something you previously liked being back again. I still miss those alcoholic smore's drinks. Oh man they were good.

I have to say - I don't think this is a posting of the new booths yet. Other than the 3 things at the top of the page - everything else is showing the 2017 menus.

I am kind of amazed we haven't had the announcements yet with it starting in 6 weeks.

D23 "Behind the Scenes Experience" for Toy Story Land (for July 30th) now on sale!

https://tickets.d23.com/event/d23toystorylandbts67gt89o

Event starts at 5:45am, lasts 3.5 hours and costs $150/person

The morning will begin with a D23-exclusive guided tour of Toy Story Land, led by a Disney Imagineer that will share unique details of the new, exciting land. During the behind-the-scenes experience, D23 Members will “shrink” to the size of a toy and witness the fun that Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and the other beloved toys are having in Andy’s backyard. Stories will be shared behind the development of the land, including details on the two brand-new attractions, Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers.

Attendees will have the opportunity to experience both of the brand-new attractions, as well as walk through a carnival game box to test their skills on the fan-favorite Toy Story Mania! attraction!

Following the tour, event guests will enjoy a private and custom-created breakfast at Hollywood Brown Derby featuring food inspired by Woody’s Lunch Box.

In addition to a custom-made gift created for this behind-the-scenes experience, all attendees with receive a D23-exclusive Toy Story Land matted print to commemorate the opening of this brand new land at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

See it is events like this that make me and Wife either want to move to Florida or Cali. Being a D23 memember is great but these last minute events sometimes make it so only locals and those who dont have careers with demanding deadlines be able to make them

See it is events like this that make me and Wife either want to move to Florida or Cali. Being a D23 memember is great but these last minute events sometimes make it so only locals and those who dont have careers with demanding deadlines be able to make them

Fully agree - I wish they did more things in other areas of the country

And tickets are still available. Normally D23 stuff sells out fast. At $150/person, people don't care about this enough to drop that kind of money. They cancelled the preview and are now trying to cash in on their members

And tickets are still available. Normally D23 stuff sells out fast. At $150/person, people don't care about this enough to drop that kind of money. They cancelled the preview and are now trying to cash in on their members
Yes but they also normally give more a headway for events. For example the Mickeys of Glendale event this year at the Contemporary they announced it months in advance. Not 15 days, makes it much harder to move schedules and deadlines with this lack of leeway

Yes but they also normally give more a headway for events. For example the Mickeys of Glendale event this year at the Contemporary they announced it months in advance. Not 15 days, makes it much harder to move schedules and deadlines with this lack of leeway

It was also free to signup

Edit: And a real exclusive. Not this "oh we announced we were going to do TSL stuff, but had to cancel our event because the land was behind schedule and now we'd like to make money off of something that has very little real value"

I'll remember it and will miss it

RIP Heimlich's Chew Chew Train

(still think they should pack it up and send it east and add it to Toy Story Land)

That's what it's called, couldn't remember! That would be awesome if they could move it to TSL!

I have to say - I don't think this is a posting of the new booths yet. Other than the 3 things at the top of the page - everything else is showing the 2017 menus.

I am kind of amazed we haven't had the announcements yet with it starting in 6 weeks.

They didn't do the TiW preview event this year and I'm guessing they did not do the media preview either (2 years ago they were the same event, last year media and TiW were separate) as I have not seen any posts from the regular WDW coverage sites that looked like Food & Wine fest preview event coverage.

They also aren't doing the resort restaurant dinners and scaled back on the Epcot special events. I don't know what's going on with the festival this year but something is weird.

Last edited:
I'll remember it and will miss it

RIP Heimlich's Chew Chew Train

(still think they should pack it up and send it east and add it to Toy Story Land)

After seeing how my son (when he was 4) enjoyed LEGOLAND .. and a small "old timey" park in Wisconsin (that collects/refurbishes some old carnival rides and puts them into a small family theme park), I feel Disney is missing more "toddler" areas or attractions. I mean . .I get why they don't as those rides traditionally can't hold adults and aren't really crowd eaters.

While it has toddler rides (like Dumbo and Aladdin's Carpets) .. and they can go on Dark rides, there is just something about sitting on a vehicle and going in a circle that just amazes and thrills kids under 5.

To me, while looking forward to Toy Story Land, that seems what is missing from the area. A TODDLER ride .. or a playground .. or a splash pad .. or an air-conditioned TOY store that makes it a fun themed lands for the really little ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter