News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

First look at a new song from Frozen: The Broadway Musical called "Monster!"

Caissie Levy sings the song in this. She is originating the role of Elsa on Broadway.

New songs from the show will debut on Friday for the next couple weeks. This is the first of 4 new songs that will be released before the show officially opens on March 22, 2018.

Last edited:
Never. You can't argue with the people who like it. Every advantage of the DDP is 100% mental. Put the same amount of money on a Disney gift card. Eat whatever you want without thinking about it. You will never spend it all. And you can ACTUALLY get whatever you want this way, where with the DDP you are paying for a dessert every time even if you don't want it. And you can get an appetizer instead if you want. At the end you'll have plenty of dough left over for souvenirs or the next trip. If you want the DDP so you can order X item that is so expensive that you know you wouldn't order it witout the DDP, you are being irrational. You are making X item more expensive than it has to be.
Agreed. Not trying to stray too far down this road but for me I'm totally ok and understanding at people who want to buy the Dining Plan so long as they understand why they are buying it. My in-laws for example if they didn't have our input would be more likely to buy the Dining Plan if they knew they would be eating at X type of places. My husband and I would be more likely to go the gift card route IF we were even considering the Dining Plan. The other thing I can see is if someone balks at the idea of the gift card being a Disney one then maybe looking into loading up a Visa gift card and paying the fee to activate it (reviewing how much in fees you would pay is something you'd want to do too to see if it would still be worth it) and the only reason I would mention that is because then if you don't feel like buying something if you've got left over funds at Disney you can then use it anywhere Visa is accepted.

Not to beat this to death, but I'm of two minds about the DDP...sometimes it makes sense for us...sometimes it doesn't. This trip, because my travel companions insist on DDP, we are using it...(because they don't want to worry about paying along the way and would rather pay up front - and yes they know the pros and cons and don't want to mess with gift cards etc.)...it's the way they want to do it. And often, it does work out to be less costly depending on which restaurants we select.

In the past, other trips, other companions, because I'm and AP holder, I have purchased the TIW card instead, and was pleasantly surprised how nicely that worked out for us.

Each trip is different, and each person may have their own reasons as to what works best for them. It's not always about the $$ value....

Not to beat this to death, but I'm of two minds about the DDP...sometimes it makes sense for us...sometimes it doesn't. This trip, because my travel companions insist on DDP, we are using it...(because they don't want to worry about paying along the way and would rather pay up front - and yes they know the pros and cons and don't want to mess with gift cards etc.)...it's the way they want to do it. And often, it does work out to be less costly depending on which restaurants we select.

In the past, other trips, other companions, because I'm and AP holder, I have purchased the TIW card instead, and was pleasantly surprised how nicely that worked out for us.

Each trip is different, and each person may have their own reasons as to what works best for them. It's not always about the $$ value....

Yeah I don't want to beat it into the ground either, not everyone is the same of course. I just don't think it's as mentally healthy as people think that's all. Of course there's the monetary waste and potential food waste as well. The mental disconnect of spending when using the magic band is bad enough. But I'm betting the people trying to maximize the dining plan will probably skip this one and BoG Dinner as they do Trails End and other restaurants. I'm hoping both breakfast and lunch soon convert over to TS as well. It might make things a little less hectic and something different than the best place to use your QS credit.

Agreed. Not trying to stray too far down this road but for me I'm totally ok and understanding at people who want to buy the Dining Plan so long as they understand why they are buying it. My in-laws for example if they didn't have our input would be more likely to buy the Dining Plan if they knew they would be eating at X type of places. My husband and I would be more likely to go the gift card route IF we were even considering the Dining Plan. The other thing I can see is if someone balks at the idea of the gift card being a Disney one then maybe looking into loading up a Visa gift card and paying the fee to activate it (reviewing how much in fees you would pay is something you'd want to do too to see if it would still be worth it) and the only reason I would mention that is because then if you don't feel like buying something if you've got left over funds at Disney you can then use it anywhere Visa is accepted.

With the MB's why not just leave your money in the bank, and pay for everything when you check out of the hotel with your debit card? That is what we do.

I give gift cards, but have no interest in having any.

With the MB's why not just leave your money in the bank, and pay for everything when you check out of the hotel with your debit card? That is what we do.

I give gift cards, but have no interest in having any.
I love gift cards in general and have no problem having them. But if you look at the Visa gift card for example we split our time with WDW and USO so for us leftover could be used over at USO too.

I don't particularly like just charging to MB personally. As far as pay for everything when you check out of the hotel from what many people talk about there is no hard and fast rule on when Disney charges it. I like being able to pay for something right then and there and track it that way.

Putting the value of the Dining Plan on a gift card (be that Disney or Visa) I did say was IF we were even considering the Dining Plan.

I don't particularly like just charging to MB personally. As far as pay for everything when you check out of the hotel from what many people talk about there is no hard and fast rule on when Disney charges it.

I actually am proactive about my MB. On short trips, at the end of each day, I stop by the concierge or front desk and have them settle each day. When I wake up the next morning I just check my on line bank account. If I stay for longer trips I do it every other day. My wife pays for all the shirts and other souvenirs. Makes it easy for me to tell exactly how much I spend on food as my final printout will just have room and food.

I actually am proactive about my MB. On short trips, at the end of each day, I stop by the concierge or front desk and have them settle each day. When I wake up the next morning I just check my on line bank account. If I stay for longer trips I do it every other day. My wife pays for all the shirts and other souvenirs. Makes it easy for me to tell exactly how much I spend on food as my final printout will just have room and food.
That's cool. But it's also the beauty of the way they currently have it. I'm not required to use the MB. Personally my print out from 9/8/17-9/18/17 (was printed out on 9/8/17 though when we added 1 extra day to make up for Irma) was already 3 pages long.

I like to keep all my receipts (well I'd say I ended up keeping 99% of the receipts from this past trip, some slipped through) from my purchases so it would just end up being too much bulk to have both receipts and a print out of my hotel charges which isn't even as detailed as actual receipts. And knowing the item is completely already paid for it my preference vs having to walk down to the desk every day. After walking 9-17miles in a day the last thing I want to do is have to go down to the desk to settle up or guesstimate when they'll charge it. I just prefer the more detailed information and ability to track it the way I like to. I'm going to be bringing my ID and debit card and/or credit card with me anyways so it's not like I'm saving space in my park bag by using MB. It's totally what works for each person.

Not surprising.

Funny they compare it to Tokyo. Tokyo actually added blackout dates and lowered prices rather than adding and increasing.
I was thinking that a separate blockout calendar would be coming. It would make sense to be able to keep crowds at DCA and not very can afford to upgrade to the Sig/Sig+ when your looking at a family of 4.

Doesn't sound appealing to me based on the menu (the only Italian food I like in WDW is Via Napoli!), but good that they're adding another option now that they're converting BOG at dinner.
Except they aren't. They are taking away a location that people keep flowing into and out of pretty quickly to a sit-down dinner place that will now have people sitting and lingering probably an hour or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter