News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, "disaster" is the opinion of some people but not necessarily Disney's opinion. It may be true that Aulani isn't selling as fast as Disney hoped, but that doesn't equal a "disaster". All this means is that Disney doesn't get its sales money quite as fast as they were expecting. In the mean time, the do get room revenue by making these available to non-members and some pretty $$$ rates.

There are also DVC members who use their points at the 7 month mark to stay at Aulani, which then, technically, frees up points/rooms at WDW. So Disney still gets their money one way or another, just not how they intended.

Interesting and the price isn't that terrible. I'm not expecting much better than all you can eat at Olive Garden, but perhaps this could be an option.

You beat me to this...this is probably being done to try to absorb the many families that don't want to spend the 2 credits or the $$ on a Signature meal at BOG.

I wonder at what point are people going to realize the dining plan is a waste?

Do you think they chose Pinocchio as it has a view of Small World through one of the walls???

I wonder at what point are people going to realize the dining plan is a waste?

Never. You can't argue with the people who like it. Every advantage of the DDP is 100% mental. Put the same amount of money on a Disney gift card. Eat whatever you want without thinking about it. You will never spend it all. And you can ACTUALLY get whatever you want this way, where with the DDP you are paying for a dessert every time even if you don't want it. And you can get an appetizer instead if you want. At the end you'll have plenty of dough left over for souvenirs or the next trip. If you want the DDP so you can order X item that is so expensive that you know you wouldn't order it witout the DDP, you are being irrational. You are making X item more expensive than it has to be.

I hope it's a food place or attraction, not just a gift shop.

I hope it's got more personality than Skipper Canteen. The food is good, and the decor is great, but it just lacks personality somehow.

From the artwork, I wonder if this is DL's answer to AK's Harambe Market: a few food counter services, a couple of shops and seating area for eating and relaxing.

I think if it would just be a restaurant, especially a table-service, that would have been mentioned in the article. Whatever it actually is, it looks pretty cool and I like the idea of tiki birds being on display, similar to as one previous poster mentioned, is what Walt originally had in mind for the Tiki Room dining.

Never. You can't argue with the people who like it. Every advantage of the DDP is 100% mental. Put the same amount of money on a Disney gift card. Eat whatever you want without thinking about it. You will never spend it all. And you can ACTUALLY get whatever you want this way, where with the DDP you are paying for a dessert every time even if you don't want it. And you can get an appetizer instead if you want. At the end you'll have plenty of dough left over for souvenirs or the next trip. If you want the DDP so you can order X item that is so expensive that you know you wouldn't order it witout the DDP, you are being irrational. You are making X item more expensive than it has to be.

I know, I feel 100% the same way. Not everyone at a table needs appetizer(for deluxe), entree, dessert and "specialty" drink. Most of the stuff I'd prefer to eat (buffets at breakfast time, chicken or salad entrees, etc) are a "poor" value on the dining plan. I like a steak once in a while but every night would get old. There are places to go all inclusive and I don't think WDW is one of them.

While I'm sure they will keep a portion of aulani as hotel rooms, that is certainly not the goal
Actually that is their goal. Aulani was built with a combination of DVC units and traditional hotel rooms.

We've done this ever since the Disney Visa came out. We put all our points on a card and use it for meals with no restrictions. The one time we had the free dining plan, we were disappointed since we couldn't get some things at our favorite restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter