News Round Up 2017

Darn. I was hoping I didn't have to buy an adult dining plan for my 11yo daughter who eats like a bird.

I get around that by not buying a dining plan. Order her kids meals, don't even worry about "maximizing credit value" and skip most of the buffets.

This only matters for hotel occupancy. If you have more than 2 adults in a room, they charge you extra. Otherwise from DDP and tickets, the Junior is identical. (another thing I love about DVC, you can put 4 adults in a room and not get charged $60 extra per night.)

Perhaps because you already leased the room for 46 years upfront for $20,000 plus $100 a month?

Attachments

• IMG_6025.JPG
    IMG_6025.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 18

Wait...does that mean that the nuts, pretzel sticks AND cranberries have to be in separate bins?!?!
:duck:
Truthfully, I'm having trouble understanding this new requirement and its impact. Is it just that more stuff than before has to be pulled out of the carry-on? That could increase times, but I don't see it leading to the total shutdown of security as is being described.

ETA: Oh, here's my answer:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...metimes-already-in-effect-in-orlando.3641096/

Truthfully, I'm having trouble understanding this new requirement and its impact. Is it just that more stuff than before has to be pulled out of the carry-on? That could increase times, but I don't see it leading to the total shutdown of security as is being described.

The new tsa policies have gotten some press for the last couple months as being potential delay nightmares...particularly the requirement to separate ALL electronics...not just laptops.

The food thing is new to me...but I don't get packing food for a 2 hour flight except for really small kids...plenty of food beyond the checkpoints.

The Halloween angle being complained about...I'm just ignoring or I'll get angry:mad:

Sure, it's not very representative of the actual product. I was speaking solely about the fact that they held back at taking a shot at Universal. Unlike Universals shot at Disney with their "it's time for your vacation to grow up" commercial.

See...I kinda have to go with Comcast's point on this.

In the 10 years since they bought their parks - granted at the low point - they have aggressively built to revitalize them and add to the offerings of the complex as a whole...

In that time - prior to May - disney had offered a repurposed kiddieland development, timeshares, character meet and greets and NOT MUCH ELSE...in investment during the same period.

Not the same size beasts..so grain of salt...but they do have a case to call disney complacent and capitalizing on low investment aimed at children...at least recently...

Perhaps because you already leased the room for 46 years upfront for $20,000 plus $100 a month?

I didn't pay that much, I bought resale - so it was $12,000 and $87 a month. And believe me I've been down on DVC before, but super happy we bought in when we did. Our trip in Nov to value room at AKV is costing us only about $80 per night for 4 night, so it may take awhile to reclaim my investment, but I think in the long run it's a win.

No...I think you're off here...

Not splash. Kali or one of the seasonals maybe...but splash runs all the time as a big innings eater unless they have the rare cold spell...and even then...they can control the amount of "splash" by using friction bumpers
I was surprised to see that the OHRC (Operational Hourly Ride Capacity) on Splash is just 1,080 per hour (contrast that to Pirates and HM at 2,880 per hour). Once I thought about it though it makes sense, I read somewhere that it's roughly 45 logs, with 6-8 people per log and with the ride length and loading time probably each log only goes around 4 times in an hour. Now that's still a nice OHRC when you compare it to Dumbo at 900; Tea Cups, Buzz & Pan in the 700's, and ETWB at 270!

The other thing with splash has to be such a high guest satisfaction rate...at 11+ minutes it's gotta be the longest E-Ticket attraction (compare that to Space at 2:30 or Big Thunder at 3:25). As @lockedoutlogic points out...it has it all, Animatronics, storyline, music, thrill, to me it's the best ride at WDW hands down. Even on chilly days in January when I've been there and it's been open, every log is still full!

Sad to see it go down a second time, I know a lot of folks who travel in that January time frame that were looking forward to riding it this year. At this point it appears we will get lucky and it will be open the last 2 days of our trip...

I didn't pay that much, I bought resale - so it was $12,000 and $87 a month. And believe me I've been down on DVC before, but super happy we bought in when we did. Our trip in Nov to value room at AKV is costing us only about $80 per night for 4 night, so it may take awhile to reclaim my investment, but I think in the long run it's a win.

I'm not bashing dvc or my $13,400 off the lot and $90 a month in dues...

...I just found it humorous that you made an upcharge analogy in something that by Florida law isn't technically a hotel...

it has it all, Animatronics, storyline, music, thrill, to me it's the best ride at WDW hands down. Even on chilly days in January when I've been there and it's been open, every log is still full

This has always been my stance...not necessarily everyone's favorite...but just simply the best.

"Imagineering at its peak"

To me...only Tower comes close - if you consider mansion and pirates clones.

This has always been my stance...not necessarily everyone's favorite...but just simply the best.

"Imagineering at its peak"

To me...only Tower comes close - if you consider mansion and pirates clones.

I'd go with you on it being fantastic, but the source material isn't something that inspires good feelings, ya know? Now, the Twilight Zone? Good stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter