News Round Up 2017

Ok so I know I am just terribly late on watching this but I forgot to mention my husband and I watched Moana for the first time on Netflix over the weekend.

So ever since then my husband randomly starts singing/saying "you're welcome" (well actually he's saying "what can I say, except (or sometimes he leaves except out) you're welcome" while I've got that and "how far I'll go" stuck in my head. It probably doesn't help that a day or two before we watched it Ashton Kutcher was on Jimmy Fallon talking about how he can't stop singing "what can I say, you're welcome". Who knows how long it'll be stuck in our minds :crazy2::scared:.

And as an FYI we both really liked the movie :D:-)

I have the same problem. That song has some incredible versus. My kids like to watch the song and video from the song at bedtime, so I probably hear it once a day and it always get stuck in my head. Moana to me was incredibly well done. It doesn't seem to have the staying power of the true classics, but it's a good story, well told, with good characters and good music. It's one of my favorite recent Disney animations. Definitely going against the flow, but my family of 5 prefers Moana over Frozen and it's not even close.

I have the same problem. That song has some incredible versus. My kids like to watch the song and video from the song at bedtime, so I probably hear it once a day and it always get stuck in my head. Moana to me was incredibly well done. It doesn't seem to have the staying power of the true classics, but it's a good story, well told, with good characters and good music. It's one of my favorite recent Disney animations. Definitely going against the flow, but my family of 5 prefers Moana over Frozen and it's not even close.
I'll always prefer the golden era of Disney animation it's what I grew up with. That being said there are recent ones I like (Inside Out, Zootopia are some). I saw Frozen like 2 years after it came out (yeah you can tell the trend here lol).

I have to say I prefer Frozen slightly more than Moana while my husband says hands down Moana is better than Frozen lol. I like the music much more in Moana vs Frozen and oh my goodness how well they did the water in Moana just breathtaking how realistic it is but I like the story a bit better in Frozen. While I enjoy Frozen I don't much like the Frozen everywhere overload thing. Who knows maybe as time passes I'll prefer Moana over Frozen :)

News

Disney is going to test revised hours for Christmas party nights

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...s-very-merry-christmas-party-event-nights.htm

Sorry - this blows...now if I pay for a ticket for the day, I only get 9 to 6 PM? Glad to know the regular patrons matter so little to Disney.

On the other hand, we frequently go on party nights to take advantage of the lower crowds during the day - guess being an AP holder we will just have to go in the AM and elsewhere in the evening.

That's such a sore subject for Disney fans as that's the last thing Jim Henson worked on.

Which kind of reminds of the whole ''What would Walt think?'' argument. We like to think that Walt would've fought to preserve all our favorite classic attractions at the parks, when in reality he probably would've replaced Carousel of Progress and the Tiki Room twice by now with something far more advanced.

Innovators are always thinking of what's next.

Yes- even though it is an optional reduction in service, it really cheapens the perception of the Disney experience.

This isn't anything new in the world of hospitality. Starwood Hotels (which includes Sheraton, Westin, W Hotels, and others) have been doing this for years. The program is called "Make a Green Choice" and is marketed as a sustainability project. Marriott Hotels (Marriott, Renaissance, Courtyard, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, and others) have a similar program called "Your Choice." (Note: Marriott and Starwood are in the process of merging.)

http://starwoodworldwide.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/268/~/make-a-green-choice
http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn-marriott-rewards-points.mi

I've worked in and closely followed the hospitality industry for decades. I don't think the creation of these programs has significantly cheapened the perception of any of these hotels. The only downside I see is that people (perhaps adequately) see them as ways to improve profitability instead of actually being about sustainability. In my mind, it can be both.

Lately, Disney has been looking to adopt ideas that mainstream hotels already have. For example, they recently tested a room service pilot program at the Epcot area resorts that was almost identical to Marriott's Fresh Bites program.

Provided this Housekeeping program is opt-in, I personally see it as a benefit to guests who don't need regular housekeeping. Everyone else will not see any changes.

Agree. They could at least throw day guests a bone with an 8:00 am open.

We took a trip last November, and while we were there, MK did open at 8:00 on 2/3 early close days. We were there when they closed at 4:00 for CM celebration, so that was an 8am open. The second 8am open was the Saturday before Thanksgiving. So, maybe opened early because of arriving Thanksgiving crowds? But really my point is that we don't know that they won't open at 8...and given Disney's recent history, probably won't know until about a month ahead of time.

With the influx of guests that will be coming in through International Gateway, I wonder if the current number of check-in lines will have to be increased?
Yes, I should imagine they will increase the number of touch points and bag checks at International Gateway once the Gondola opens. Wouldn't surprise me if they do bag check before you get on the gondola and you just go straight to the touch points when arriving at the park.

With the influx of guests that will be coming in through International Gateway, I wonder if the current number of check-in lines will have to be increased?
I hope so. This project makes me so nervous about the future state of the international gateway. We own at BCV and the walk into Epcot is one of the main benefits of the Crescent Lake area. I'm all for improved transportation options, but shudder at the thought of what this area could look like when this is done:scared:

I hope so. This project makes me so nervous about the future state of the international gateway. We own at BCV and the walk into Epcot is one of the main benefits of the Crescent Lake area. I'm all for improved transportation options, but shudder at the thought of what this area could look like when this is done:scared:

Don't own at the gateway, but have rented there and BCV is my top choice for an add on. Now....I'll have to see what that area is like.

Pro: could be very convenient to get to other areas.

Obviously it will increase crowds somewhat, but it is still coming from a relatively limited number of resorts and with the gondola system it is more of a continuous load/unload rather than like a tram or boat or monorail pack to the gills with people creating period big influxes of people. Also, i assume they will then have more bag check people there, etc. .... so at the end of the day it may feel a bit more crowded/active I don't think it will impact getting into the park that much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!