News Round Up 2017

News

Disney releases yet another statement regarding Hall of Presidents to correct false reporting by media outlets:

"Since the Magic Kingdom Park opened in 1971, The Hall of Presidents has brought together a one-of-a-kind look at the office of the President of the United States through film and the magic of Disney’s Audio-Animatronics technology. Despite some media reports to the contrary, President Trump will have a speaking role in The Hall of Presidents, like every president since 1993. We have been working closely with the current White House — just as we have with previous administrations — and the president’s recording session has been scheduled. The attraction will re-open in late 2017.

Whenever we refurbish one of our attractions, we take the opportunity to consider a broad range of enhancements. In this case, The Hall of Presidents is getting a new show, and a complete theater upgrade including a new sound system, lighting and high-definition projection system. The multi-screen viewing experience you may have seen in prior versions of the attraction is returning with an even wider vantage point of our country’s history."

News

Disney releases yet another statement regarding Hall of Presidents to correct false reporting by media outlets:

"Since the Magic Kingdom Park opened in 1971, The Hall of Presidents has brought together a one-of-a-kind look at the office of the President of the United States through film and the magic of Disney’s Audio-Animatronics technology. Despite some media reports to the contrary, President Trump will have a speaking role in The Hall of Presidents, like every president since 1993. We have been working closely with the current White House — just as we have with previous administrations — and the president’s recording session has been scheduled. The attraction will re-open in late 2017.

Whenever we refurbish one of our attractions, we take the opportunity to consider a broad range of enhancements. In this case, The Hall of Presidents is getting a new show, and a complete theater upgrade including a new sound system, lighting and high-definition projection system. The multi-screen viewing experience you may have seen in prior versions of the attraction is returning with an even wider vantage point of our country’s history."

I hope they keep Morgan Freeman as the narrator.

Last edited:

I originally saw this posted on the WDW Subreddit, a rumor from Chip and CO that states disney is offering gift cards to some staying at value resorts who agree to forego Mousekeeping.

I'm not sure I actually believe it, but it would be an interesting discussion. No notes as to whether that would be length of stay or per day. My gut is length of stay as DVC housekeeping is $30/per day right? I'd imagine the workload for a value room is a lot lower.

I would totally do this.

I would totally do this.

As it stands, I leave the DND out on the door most days. But if I see housekeepers in the hallway they usually seem very helpful and want to be sure we have enough towels and toiletries anyway.

So I watched the Animal Kingdom-Alive with Magic on Animal Planet last night. It was formatted basically like a vacation planning video would be. I did really enjoy getting tidbits about the animals going into detail on food, behavior, and other things even though they did focus on stuff you would see in vacation planning videos for some of it. All in all cute special :)

I originally saw this posted on the WDW Subreddit, a rumor from Chip and CO that states disney is offering gift cards to some staying at value resorts who agree to forego Mousekeeping.

I'm not sure I actually believe it, but it would be an interesting discussion. No notes as to whether that would be length of stay or per day. My gut is length of stay as DVC housekeeping is $30/per day right? I'd imagine the workload for a value room is a lot lower.
We are at AKL (have been for a week) and when we checked in last week there seemed to be some confusion from the mousekeeping staff. One vacationer in from of us asked mousekeeping where the quick service restaurant was and her response was im sorry we are not from here, we clean other resorts and when we reported to work this morning we were told to come and clean here. That alone leads me to believe Disney is having difficulty staffing the hotels with mousekeeping staff.

We are at AKL (have been for a week) and when we checked in last week there seemed to be some confusion from the mousekeeping staff. One vacationer in from of us asked mousekeeping where the quick service restaurant was and her response was im sorry we are not from here, we clean other resorts and when we reported to work this morning we were told to come and clean here. That alone leads me to believe Disney is having difficulty staffing the hotels with mousekeeping staff.

I saw a comment to that effect in another post. Basically a person didn't have their room cleaned until late. The housekeeper said she started at All Stars that morning and picked up another shift at either GF or Polynesian (can't remember which) that evening. I would say if people are having a negative experience with housekeeping it's likely due to either turnover or short-staffed groups. Could be something worthwhile to keep watching.

I would totally do this.

Seems like DVC people (which I believe you are) already do this.

I am totally happy foregoing Mousekeeping for my $80 a night DVC room at AKV in November.

And yes - adding on housekeeping to a DVC studio is $30, trash and towel only is $15. In theory - DVC SHOULD be charging you Disney's costs, but I somehow doubt that they are paying housekeepers $30 an hour (the most they might spend in a room) I guess for me to choose this I would want a $10-15 credit PER NIGHT, not $40 for a week-long stay.

Last edited:
I like the idea but would almost rather have it be that they just lower the price and then you can request mousekeeping and pay a fee for that (and maybe have different levels, between a light freshening up and a deeper clean) rather than having to request to not have mousekeeping
I'm not saying those aren't good options as well, but as it's rumored, I would do this.

My reasons are:

I hardly stay in values. So for the short time I would stay in one, this would be worth it to me
I'm a pretty neat camper. Out of the 8 days we were at CBR, I didn't have mousekeeping 3 of the days.
As long as I have access to trash and towels, I can forgo anything else.

I wonder if the demand for mousekeeping is low at values, but higher at other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!