• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News regarding Disney in Hawaii

DisneyBride'03

<marquee><font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang</mar
I receive Yahoo News Alerts...keyword Disney:)

Today..the Honolulu Star Bulletin is reporting that Disney CO is looking to build a stand alone hotel..Disney reps told the Star Bulletin that Hawaii is on the list of places the companys Disney Parks and Resorts unit is scouting for potential new resorts.

If this is old news , sorry, just popped up today and I have not read anything similiar to this excpet rumors I have read on the boards!

Not sure it's old news....It IS old rumor, and one I would hope is true...Especially if it turns out to be DVC!

just looked at the article it saids that disney is close to signing a deal with ko olina resort. i

A DVC in Hawaii would make a great companion to the DVC at Disneyland. This would be a good selling feature to the west coast market.

A DVC in Hawaii would make a great companion to the DVC at Disneyland. This would be a good selling feature to the west coast market.

It would make a great companion to CRUISES to Hawaii once the new ships are built!!! :woohoo:

For us, we try to go to Hawaii once every 5 years - one reason we bought DVC was so we could trade out to Hawaii thru II....but THIS would be awesome news!! AND we're already saving for a cruise on one of the new ships....although, they won't fit thru the canal so it would most likely be on one of the old ships if they did this.... Oh! The wheels are already turning! The plans! The spreadsheets! The excursions! :lmao:

This obviously doesn't confirm anything, but it does give a lot more credibility to the rumor.

I don't see Disney taking over the Marriott timeshare as it appears to be very successful and growning. HOWEVER there is still a lot of open land on the lagoons for development and I could see Disney building there.

The Ko Olina area is beautiful! We were lucky enough to stay there this past February thanks to DVC.

I would love to have a DVC resort in Hawaii...would also love the airfare from Chicago to go down too!! lol Its cheaper to fly to Rome!

Just looked at the website...thanks...what a lovely conversion to a DVC Resort that would be!! I am keeping my fingers crossed:)

that would be a DVC add on that my DH would not fight me on...matter of fact he would insist on it:rotfl:

Still working on him with an add on for DL Grandcalifornian :goodvibes so addicting theses pts...there like Lays chips...just cant get enough :lmao:

Disneyland is so much closer to where the Disney ship docks, than my house, that it would be a no brainer for us to stay at GCV, and cruise to a Disney resort in Hawaii.

I'm thinking --if this a DVC resort and built from the ground up--how many nights my 360 points will get me?? One--maybe two?

Let's hope for a conversion then!! This is a place perhaps where you will need that 11 mth booking window.

You gotta love the reference in the StarBulletin article to the 52 year old Disney company. Perhaps the reporter was not aware that Disney was making motion pictures long before it opened DL? -- Suzanne

Marriott has a wonderful property on Oahu at the Ko Olina but I don't see why they would share it with Disney. They are always selling there.

They're not saying anything about taking over the Marriott, they're talking about the Ko Olina resort and Marina. This is consider the whole area surrounding the Marriott. Looks like they're talking about the area next to the JW Marriott hotel. When we were there last year they were talking some more high end resorts moving into the area, Disney must be one of them. IMO the Marriott is here to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter