Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

I wonder if locals who have this pass will make reservations at the 30 day mark "just in case" but then cancel last minute if they decide not to go. Then again, that would tie up their AP for 30 days so maybe not. So many unknowns. I think this pass may work for our family, but I'm glad we don't have to decide soon. We don't plan to go to the parks for at least another year.

I wonder if locals who have this pass will make reservations at the 30 day mark "just in case" but then cancel last minute if they decide not to go...
That might be the case, but could apply for locals and anyone non-local who has the flexibility to visit the parks often, e.g. people within driving distance (don't need flights), people who travel to Southern CA on business, etc. The people we've talked with who often find themselves in the "just in case" category are deciding to stick with the more expensive APs for now. Work/school/commitments/etc. just don't allow enough scheduling flexibility now, and they're willing to pay to keep their Disney calendar open; but if things change in the future, they all say they would at least look at this new pass.

I am not able to look now at the block out calendar via the Disneyland website.. I was able to see it for the next year a few days ago, but now I go and it is all greyed out... anyone have a photo of next April (Spring Break time)? Wondering how much blue/grey block out is there during that time. I only looked at Christmas through New Years and was not surprised it was a no go time...

Thanks!

I am not able to look now at the block out calendar via the Disneyland website.. I was able to see it for the next year a few days ago, but now I go and it is all greyed out... anyone have a photo of next April (Spring Break time)? Wondering how much blue/grey block out is there during that time. I only looked at Christmas through New Years and was not surprised it was a no go time...

Thanks!
Which parks and what type of pass?

Thanks!
For Flex (both parks the same); SoCal select is just the green dates.
upload_2019-5-16_15-52-50.png

Deluxe (again, both parks the same):
upload_2019-5-16_15-54-38.png

Signature, Sig+ are all open.

Have the availability dates been released for November and December for this pass option? I looked through this thread and only saw through October.

Have the availability dates been released for November and December for this pass option? I looked through this thread and only saw through October.
Yes, they have it on the website for the Flex pass itself, not the overall AP blockout dates. (I just could only fit the first 6 months on my screenshot.)

OK, even for Honest Abe, I'm a little disturbed this morning. :)

First, for how quiet this thread has been since Friday.

Second, for how easy it was to make two reservations with the Flex Pass at 7 a.m. I assumed I would have to have multiple devices logged in, that the system would be a refresh lottery a la SW:GE.

Nope. All I had to do was log in on my laptop once, purchase the passports (for DW and myself), and click the two days I wanted on the reservation calendars (they come up after you click Make a Reservation. You can do it for however many passes at once, too--not just your own!)

EVERY date was open. No delays, no email links for verification, no queueing. I got my Flex passports and the first two dates I wanted (June 3 and 4).

I heard that crowds might be down this summer, but this was all too easy. Or maybe the cap for daily reservations has just been set absurdly high. Has anyone encountered a blocked out date yet?

Either way, thrilled to go on these dates--I think this pass is going to turn out to be a GREAT value!

First, for how quiet this thread has been since Friday.

Second, for how easy it was to make two reservations with the Flex Pass at 7 a.m. I assumed I would have to have multiple devices logged in, that the system would be a refresh lottery a la SW:GE.

Nope. All I had to do was log in on my laptop once, purchase the passports (for DW and myself), and click the two days I wanted on the reservation calendars (they come up after you click Make a Reservation. You can do it for however many passes at once, too--not just your own!)

EVERY date was open. No delays, no email links for verification, no queueing. I got my Flex passports and the first two dates I wanted (June 3 and 4).

I heard that crowds might be down this summer, but this was all too easy. Or maybe the cap for daily reservations has just been set absurdly high. Has anyone encountered a blocked out date yet?

Either way, thrilled to go on these dates--I think this pass is going to turn out to be a GREAT value!
Congrats!

I think you are also benefiting from not that many people having the Flex Pass yet, so not a whole lot of competition for the reservations! But I hope it continues to work out for you!

People on reddit are mentioning that June 21 is blacked out for reserving and are at capacity despite them not being reservable at midnight.

Hopefully its a glitch and them not blacking out a day without allowing reservations.

Thanks for posting. I had been wondering whether the system would end up allowing you to start making reservations if you purchase the pass online. Did it start your pass as of today, or will the 1 year begin on the 1st day you're visiting?

People on reddit are mentioning that June 21 is blacked out for reserving and are at capacity despite them not being reservable at midnight.

Hopefully its a glitch and them not blacking out a day without allowing reservations.

People on Reddit obviously can't count. June 21 is 31 Days away, which I am assuming is why it's blocked. It will be available at 7 AM tomorrow.

Thanks for posting. I had been wondering whether the system would end up allowing you to start making reservations if you purchase the pass online. Did it start your pass as of today, or will the 1 year begin on the 1st day you're visiting?

Today. So I would need to renew by May 20, 2020.

The pass is in the form of an e-ticket you can activate via your email confirmation or on your smart phone. I did not see there was any other option to receive the pass. DW and I will be activating the pass when we get out to Anaheim a week from today.

Between the access to both parks on our reservation days and access to Disneyland and California Adventure on two different "Good-to-Go" days of our trip, the Flex Pass has already paid for itself. In fact, per day, it's already less expensive to use than any hopper/1-park-per-day option, and we're just getting started!

After becoming a former AP holder after getting priced out of the market five years ago, I can't wait to use the dining/merchandise discounts again. My only regrets are lack of parking as an add-on and the Christmas/New Year's blackout dates, but you truly can't have everything at this price.

Great news. My sister actual did hers at Midnight last night after we got back to from the park. She is having major issues using her max pass with the flex pass. I am glad that I didn’t do mine yet. She has been to customer service three times and they finally just gave her a one day park hopper to use. I am going to just wait and upgrade the rest after we are done today. I love that we are able to just upgrade on our phone and not wait for any lines except the glitch they are having.

Great news. My sister actual did hers at Midnight last night after we got back to from the park. She is having major issues using her max pass with the flex pass. I am glad that I didn’t do mine yet. She has been to customer service three times and they finally just gave her a one day park hopper to use. I am going to just wait and upgrade the rest after we are done today. I love that we are able to just upgrade on our phone and not wait for any lines except the glitch they are having.

Was your sister able to make reservations as soon as she bought the pass at midnight? I read on the Disney site that reservations started at 7 a.m. this morning.

I live in NorCal, so this pass is shaping up to be one of my to go’s. I have to make hotel reservations in advance and can mostly only go on weekends so it only makes sense.

Will be excited to see how others use it and how it works out. We are going during the holidays (blocked out time) so will switch to this pass on our 3rd day of our trip before leaving. Hope it works out.

Does anyone have documented if sign up days is at midnight or 7am PST? Or have any concrete info?

Thanks....

So I see June 21st as fully booked... but it's 31 days instead of 30 days out... shouldn't it be marked not available yet like June 22nd? Anyone know what is going on here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!