Newport Beach to Disneyland

LemonNeko

Mouseketeer
Any suggestions how best to travel from Newport Beach? One adult and one child. We only need a way there as we have a ride back.

Well two ideas. One, you could take a $20(ish) Uber/Lyft to SNA (John Wayne Airport) and then take the $20 Disneyland Express shuttle from SNA to Dland - total $40. Or you could Uber/Lyft all the way from Newport to Dland and my guess is that would be in the $50-$60 range.

A quick look on Ride.Guru shows from "Newport Beach" to Disneyland hotel at 3:30PM would run about $30. Surge pricing and traffic could impact that rate and bring it up closer to what Congo Queen quoted. Another option, that I know nothing about is the Disneyland Xpress Shuttles they appear to run to Newport Beach too.

Make sure to check about car seat/ booster requirements for the child if you will be using Uber/Lyft. Ride share does not provide those in CA.

I agree about just taking Uber/Lyft all the way. If cost is an issue and time is not, the OC Bus (aka OCTA) can get you to DL in about 90 minutes-2hrs using only 1 transfer.

You would take bus #57 from the Newport Transportation Center (by Fashion Island Mall) and transfer at The City-Memory, walk to Best Western Inn, and then take the blue line directly to Disneyland transit stop (esplanade). Total cost = $4 per person ($2 per boarding) or you can buy a day pass for $5.

If you're near the pier, walk to Balboa and 20th and take Bus #47 all the way up into Anaheim (1hr 20min ride) and transfer to the blue line at the Anaheim White House.

You can always mix the two, take the bus all the way into Anaheim and then dial up a Lyft/Uber for the final stretch to wherever you are going.

https://www.octa.net/Bus/Trip-Planner/

Hmmm, for me it would be Uber/Lyft all the way.

The issue (as luckyrabbit points out) is whether or not your child needs a safety seat. If they do AND your ride home is in someone's car, you're going to need the seat for the ride home anyway. So take Uber with your own seat and put the seat in your ride home's car when you get to DL. It'd take a bit of time to-ing and fro-ing, but it's doable.

Uber. Uber. Uber. Or Lyft.

You schedule when it works for you.

Our family took the bus to long beach a decade ago. I'm a transit guy, but it wasn't worth it.

Ugh he’s going to be less than one month too young to avoid a booster. I’m likely going to have to look at the bus as I don’t want to be lugging around the booster.

Ugh he’s going to be less than one month too young to avoid a booster. I’m likely going to have to look at the bus as I don’t want to be lugging around the booster.
One option -- not exactly budget, but very well reviewed here -- is to use Lansky Car Service. They provide car seats and boosters upon request. Reviews here are great and posters say the car seats are new/safe/up to date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter