Newport Bay Hotel vs. Disneyland Hotel

budwmn

If you believe in magic, you belong
We're planning a trip for next June and can't decide where to stay. Is there a big difference in the luxury of the two hotels and if so, in what ways? We were thinking aout the Admiral's Club at the Newport Bay, but are curious to how that would be different than the Disneyland Hotel. We enjoy the deluxe resorts at WDW if this is any help. Thanks!

Hi Budwmm! ,

Newport Bay Club and The Disneyland Hotel are my 2 favourite hotels at Disneyland Paris - it is very difficult to choose!

Do you have any young children or elderly guests travelling with you? If so, then as The Disneyland Hotel is situated directly over the park (and is within a 2-3 minute walk of The Studios) there is little walking and it is easy to pop back during the day for a rest or nap. Also, lots of The Disneyland Hotel rooms have brilliant views of the Disneyland Park and the castle.

Newport Bay Club however is situated about a 10-15 minute walk to each of the two parks. However, the bonus is its excellent Lakefront location and lake-view rooms.

Is there a big difference in the luxury of the two hotels?
Big?, not really.
Newport Bay Club is beautifully themed and very nautical, but can feel extremely busy and crowded which can take 'the edge' away from the hotel. On the other hand, The Disneyland Hotel is very small and doesn't usually seem too crowded or busy.

The Disneyland Hotel is more elegant and old-world, where as IMO the NPBC is more whites and blues and very sleek with marble type floors etc.

The swimming pool complex is much better at NPBC, and if this is a high priority then I would chose there. Also, The Hotel shop is the best on Disney Property IMO.

The Admirals Floor provides a good service with some extras - Breakfast in your bedroom, Personal check-in etc. (see the NPBC FAQ Thread). If you are willing to spend the $$$ then Castle Club at The Disneyland offers a concierge-type service similair to that of the WDW resorts - it offers exceptional service.

At the end of the day it is really up to your personal preferences. You can't really go wrong with either of them IMHO, however if you stay in NPBC will you walk underneath The Disneyland and 'Wish you stayed there'?! or vice versa, if you see NPBC from the end of Disney Village shining at the edge of the lake??

HTH, if you have any more questions please ask :)

Richard. :)

Never stayed at Newport Bay, but have seen aroom, our room at Disneyland hotel was much nicer. But, again never been so can't really comment. However, it is nice being so close to the park and the hotel is beautiful. We ate breakfast overlooking main street! Lovely.
Verity.

i have been to Paris 10+ times and i agree on the level of luxury it is no big difference, but the DL Hotel is much better when it comes to convenience with it`s location directly over the park entrance... and it is not much more expensive...

Stephan

You've all sold me -- we'll book the Disneyland Hotel. It sounds amazing and we'll enjoy the convenient location.

Thanks to all who responded. You're advice and detailed information are greatly appreciated!:D

Stay at the Disneyland hotel ! We stayed at the NBC last week and it took us over half an hour to walk from our hotel room to Fantasyland. my children would look up at the Disneyland Hotel and say they wanted to stay there next time !!!

We are a family of 5 and have been told that only Newport has rooms that can accomodate 5 without getting 2 rooms ...is that true?

This is true. There are 15 rooms at NBC which will take up to 6 people. They are on the Admirals floor, facing the front of the hotel - no lake view - and cost about £80.00 extra per night. I didn't look into the connecting rooms business, as my children are too young for us to contemplate this. The room consists of 2 double beds and a sofa bed. The walk in wardrobe is very useful for dumping stuff so the room looks vaguely tidy. Go for having breakfast delivered to your room - it costs 8 euros per room and is well worth going for to avoid the breakfast scrum. The restaurants are fine, but must be booked well in advance. The hotel's facilities simply cannot cater for the number of people it holds. Oh, and the pool is lovely. Being on the Admirals floor means you get free towels - don't forget the pink id card when going to the pool or you'll have to pay for them! Saves packing a pile of towels......

ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº
Om my last 3 visits to Disneyland Paris
I have stayed at Disneyland Hotel - Castle Club!
And on my two last visits I had a Park View room. :)

And I must say that it is very well worth every cent! :cool:

The service is extraordinary and the convinience of having a
direct access to the Disneyland Park is super! :earsboy:

And to just pop in for an afternoon snack and a rest in the lounge,
provided only on the Castle Club floor, sure helps you get
through a busy summers day in the park with ease.

From your room you have a perfect view down Main Street
and in the evening you can see the Fireworks while resting
on the balcony with a glass of cold soda or icetea. :)

Room Service is always on time and what a better start on the
day than to have breakfast with Main Street and the Castle
in the morning sun, as a backdrop?
It sure puts a smile on your face, that will last for the entire day! :earsboy:

Disneyland Hotel is always my first choice of hotel, and when I
can get a Park View room I know that the Disney experience
will be complete!
ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!