Newport Bay Compass Club- Questions

RangerPooh

DIS Veteran
In our upcoming trip we will be staying at the Newport Bay Resort in a family suite. My booking reservation says the following "the breakfast buffet is included in the room price Your coupons and park tickets, if included in your package, will be given to you upon presentation of this letter at the hotel reception."

Can someone please clarify that A) the buffet is in the Compass Club Lounge, and B) that reservations are not needed.

This is the impression that I'm under but am hoping that someone can share their experiences with this. Also, can the breakfast voucher be used elsewhere?

Thank you!

Yes and yes for A and B, and for other places, do you have any type of meal plan included in your reservation?

Yes and yes for A and B, and for other places, do you have any type of meal plan included in your reservation?

Thank you for your response. No other meal plans on our reservation. We figured that since breakfast was included that it might not be the best use of funds.

I am quite sure the only other place to have breakfast is then in the regular restaurant for anyone who is not staying club level, but has breakfast included at the hotel. But the club level buffet will be slightly more elaborate, so I would stay at the compass club.

Besides, there are not that many places to have breakfast pre-park opening. You have some in Disney Village, but the in park breakfast options all start after the park is open tot business.

Thank you for your response. No other meal plans on our reservation. We figured that since breakfast was included that it might not be the best use of funds.

We are Compass club veterans, and if you do things correctly you won’t go hungry for the duration of your stay! Firstly, go to town on breakfast, that’ll keep you going until afternoon tea, which starts around 4pm. You can really fill up there too and would only need a light snack in the evening, if anything! Also, don’t be shy about popping in and picking up half a dozen cans to take up to your room, they are fine with it. Lastly, great coffee machine in the lounge, much better than the pod machines in the rooms. Enjoy your stay, we are back at compass club level in November.

We are Compass club veterans, and if you do things correctly you won’t go hungry for the duration of your stay! Firstly, go to town on breakfast, that’ll keep you going until afternoon tea, which starts around 4pm. You can really fill up there too and would only need a light snack in the evening, if anything! Also, don’t be shy about popping in and picking up half a dozen cans to take up to your room, they are fine with it. Lastly, great coffee machine in the lounge, much better than the pod machines in the rooms. Enjoy your stay, we are back at compass club level in November.

Sounds like it's similar to the concierge lounges at the Disneyland Resort Hotels. Being a family of 6 we definitely take advantage of lounges.

Hi, I don’t know if you would be interested but remember you can pay the additional top up fee and go for a character breakfast at plaza gardens, but if interested I’d call up and have this added onto your booking and just pay the fee over the phone as we just came back last week and couldn't go for a character breakfast as they where fully booked :(

Last edited:

First time at DLP and the Compass Club in July. I had read somewhere that you are not allowed to take drinks out of the lounge to your room. Sound like you’ve been able to - great to know and hope that’s always the case. Any other Compass Club tips? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter