Newport Bay Club FAQ & Information Thread

Brilliant, thanks for the advice, sounds just what I have in mind too. I'm expecting it to be mega busy so our priority is to get into park at 8am, and with hour time difference it would be like getting up and 5am to have breakfast in hotel first!!

So excited .............

Don't forget that several of us have had very good experiences at the NPB and especially Admiral's Floor. :)

Another thumbs upfrom me too :thumbsup2

We have stayed at SF (x2), Explorers (x2), HI ans SL and the Admirals floor (12/05) at TNB still holds top position. If finances allowed we would stay here every time :love:

I have had TWO particularly bad experiences at the SF and would never return yet other have reported great reviews. There will always be parties of people who, for , whatever reason have a bad experience at every hotel in DLRP so just go and enjoy this magnificent hotel :goodvibes .

Im soooooo excited for you to Cass2000 & lostinwonderland :dance3:

also meant to ask, as we are likely to arrive very early, possibly 5am, can you drive straight into car park in the NPB and then crash out for a couple of hours in the car - or do you need to check in to gain access to the car park? I assume check in manned 24 hours a day - (I've heard that if your room is available they will let you have it but 5am might be stretching it a bit!!). :rotfl:

Soo, another slightly silly question which will again probably be very obvious when we get there..

So admirals floor have their own check in? Where is it? Does the luggage from the Disney express go there or to the regular one? :)

Hi,

Just thought I would give my opinion as I got back last night after spending 4 nights at the Newport Bay Hotel in a standard room. We arrived at about 1pm on thursday and there was only a small queeue to get checked in, took about 10 minutes. Room was lovely and clean and had 2 big beds, spacious enough for the 4 of us. We chose 7.45 for the breakfast time which was a good decision as it was quite quiet compared to 9am when it was packed and you had to queeue!!! We ate in cape cod 1 of the nights which was great value and lovely food. Overall I thought it was a lovely hotel and the staff were helpful and friendly :)

Soo, another slightly silly question which will again probably be very obvious when we get there..

So admirals floor have their own check in? Where is it? Does the luggage from the Disney express go there or to the regular one? :)

Sorry, only just noticed this. With Admiral's Floor your luggage will be brought to your room by Consierge, ours arrived within minutes of us checking in. On the day of departure, ring Consierge and they will collect your luggage from the room and transport it to the Disney Express desk at the station, you don't need to do anything more.

The Admiral's check in is in the same area, as normal checkin, it's signposted Admiral's Floor. :)

It's on ground floor level entering from the front of the hotel or 1st floor from the back, you can't miss it.

Hi,

Just thought I would give my opinion as I got back last night after spending 4 nights at the Newport Bay Hotel in a standard room. We arrived at about 1pm on thursday and there was only a small queeue to get checked in, took about 10 minutes. Room was lovely and clean and had 2 big beds, spacious enough for the 4 of us. We chose 7.45 for the breakfast time which was a good decision as it was quite quiet compared to 9am when it was packed and you had to queeue!!! We ate in cape cod 1 of the nights which was great value and lovely food. Overall I thought it was a lovely hotel and the staff were helpful and friendly :)

Glad you enjoyed your stay at the NPBC - it still remains my favourite hotel. :love:

Brief report on our stay at NPB from 4-7th May. Arrived at 3.30am! Checked in and not surprisingly our room was not ready. Anyway one option was to sleep in the car but managed to negotiate a rate of 200 euros for the night which I didn't think was too bad value. Obviously no queue for check-in at that time.

Had lakeside room, (this was all that was available when we booked) right in the corner of building, so view not great, nice to see the lake but you pay your money and take your choice. Had one breakfast in hotel, no queue to wait at about 9.30am, next two morning had GMFL breakfast which was of equal standard. Didn't eat in restaurants. Met Micky in reception on first morning. Telephone broken in room, and room not cleaned on first day, but this swifty sorted out.

All in all was happy with hotel, but very big. Glad we didn't upgrade to Admirals floor because I don't think we would have benefited from it.

Used bus only once, probably as far to walk, and certainly a longer wait. Returned to hotel during the day for a swim and a break. Pool gets very busy from 5pm onwards, so definitely worth trying to get in earlier.

Hope this is of some help to people.

Just back from a 5 night stay at NPBC Admirals floor..

Was absoloutly lovely! So pretty aswell!

Admirals floor check in was brilliant, there was basically no queue compared to the normal check in... There was a slight hic cup over the room number (but that was because they'd upgraded me to a lakeview because of my birthday) so then there was a bit of drama over the luggage as they then got confused...

But all in all, the hotel was lovely and clean, everyone was very helpful and friendly, especially the guy at reception.. The swimming pool was nice, (free) towel hire was easy..

Just had a brilliant stay.. I wish I was still there! :(

xx

We're leaving for DLP and NBH on Friday and this info is quite helpful. I have a couple of questions, though. Being used to American hotels where amenities (such as hair dryer, shampoo, soap, etc.) are standard, will I be disappointed? Should I pack these things? We're booked in a lake view room but may try to upgrade to the Admiral's floor. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi, Soap, Shampoo, towels is a definete yes. For the hair dryer I am not so sure. I think that they only come standard in higher class of hotels or in the NBC when staying on admiral's floor. For other room types, you may be able to borrow one from reception
Stephen

Hi, Soap, Shampoo, towels is a definete yes. For the hair dryer I am not so sure. I think that they only come standard in higher class of hotels or in the NBC when staying on admiral's floor. For other room types, you may be able to borrow one from reception
Stephen

Thanks. It's made me a little leary reading of the check in queues and other problems some guests have experienced. Any recent changes in the NBC processes? We're still very excited.

Unfortunately I could not say. It has been quite some time now that I have stopped going to NBC. When I did go there I must say I never had any major issues either with service or accomodation. The main reason I stopped going there was because of the crouds and fixed booking time for breakfast (I must be getting old... :rotfl: )

I just returned from a stay at the Newport Bay Club Admiral's Floor and wanted to add my report.

I've heard stories of dirty and poorly kept rooms. However, our room was very clean and well stocked with towels, shampoo and soap. Perhaps they are renovating rooms one by one and it is hit-or-miss on a good room. Perhaps Admiral's Floor rooms are given priority, I don't know. I believe hair dryers are available upon request. We arrived late on Thursday evening (about 8pm) so the regular check-in wasn't too crowded, but still there was a bit of a queue. The separate Admiral's Floor check-in was much appreciated, as there weas no one in line ahead of us.

The Cape Cod buffet was fine for breakfast, but only if you get there by 7:30 or maybe 7:45. After that it starts getting swamped. I didn't find this to be much of a problem, though, since we wanted to be at the park by 8am anyway.

We had dinner one evening at the Yacht Club restaurant, and it was quite good. The service was excellent, too. Certainly that depends on your wait-staff, but our waitress there was absolutely the freindliest and most helpful of any that we had during our 2-weeks of travelling around the Loire Valley and Paris.

Complaints? Crowded and noisy come to mind. Just noisy in the public areas, though. The room was nice and quiet except for the street sweeper truck out front at 5am one morning. But this didn't bother us much, as we didn't spend much time in the hotel.

The three things that bothered me the most were:

1) Difficulty in getting service by phone during peak hours. Consierge desk and sometimes housekeeping were extremely difficult to get on the phone. Surely this is due to the sheer numbers of guests.

2) Laundry service is outrageously expensive. After travelling for a week in the Loire we planned on doing laundry at Disney. That was a mistake. The nearest self-service facilities are apparently a bus ride and a walk away, and the hotel fees for laundry ran in the area of 4 Euros for a pair of socks.

3) The main elevators (lifts if you prefer) did not allow you to get from your room directly to the exit leading to the lake and path to Disney Village and parks. You had to get off at floor 2 and catch another ride down to 1 or take the main staircase down one floor to the restaurants in order to get out and walk to the parks.

I wouldn't mind staying there again in the future, but I'm all about convenience. I'd much rather stay in the Disneyland Hotel (it was booked when we made our plans this time). Maybe the New York is a bit closer, but still requires a walk through the Village. I hope this helps those who are considering a stay at NBC soon. Have a good trip!

HI could someone tell me how much it is to hire towels for the swimming pool or is it better to bring your own? We are staying in a standard room.
Many Thanks
Jane x

Hi i have now upgraded to Admirals floor so towel hire cost no longer applies so i believe.
Thanks
Jane x:thumbsup2

Thats correct Bluegirl..Its well worth the £20 we paid for the 4 of us.We got our moneys worth out of free towels we used at the pool.AC will give you priority check-in..fab when its really busy and our room was available from noon when we arrived.It will also save you the hassle of putting your cases into the hotel baggage holding area. Make sure you tell the "greeter" you are in the Admirals Club so you can take your bags straight in when you arrive.We were there from 2/8 -6/8 and had a super time.The breakfasts were great,sit outside if it's nice!:coffee: and the hotel had a lively and friendly atmosphere.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!