Newlyweds sharing a bed-value resorts

Married 27 years and I would gladly take the separate beds! :rotfl:

(I never understood why married couples are expected to sleep in the same bed. Where did that rule come from? :confused3 There is not much about the sleeping process that I require a partnership for.)
:lmao: This made me laugh. Its so true thou!

I have stayed at the All Star Music every year since 2009 and my wife and I share a king size bed every year and we do not get a suite. There are not many rooms that have the king but they are there for the asking. When I make my reservation 6 months out I always request the room with a king and have never been disappointed. They do go fast so if you know whenyou are going, which I am assuming you do, the best way to do this is to call the number to make your reservations instead of doing it on line and tell the CM how important it is to have a king.

Thanks all! You all are way more informed that the person I “chatted” with on the WDW website.

HAHAHAHAHA but seriously they are just reading from a script.

For the record, I totally support getting a king whenever possible. I sleep in one at home, and we had 2 queen beds at POFQ (I think). I was super close to sleeping in the other bed, especially since my husband travels for work a lot so goes into "hotel mode" and sleeps like a starfish....

And if you request a King room and don't have one assigned to you when you arrive-don't give up!

Ask again at the Front Desk if a King is available or if one would be coming available later that day.

(Just a note-there is a good chance the King room you may get would be a Handicap Accessible room if that makes a difference.)

I'm with you, OP. I avoid hotels that have double beds like the plague. No one gets any sleep. And no, we are not pooh sized. I am 5'4"/115lbs and DH is 6'0 and 180lbs. We can't sleep comfortably in double beds. Both our preferred position are both on bellies with a leg cocked up. Trying have 2 people do that in those little beds. :crazy2:

Yeah, at Pop, we get King bed. Never had a problem. Had both regular and accessible. Other wise at all stars we have separate "sleeping" beds. Mrs. Tigger can snore in either set up. pirate:

My husband and I are not pooh sized, but we are NOT comfortable sharing a double bed, it is just not that comfy. Since it is always the two of us and our teenager, we just don't stay anywhere that doesn't have two queens as an option.

I would be more concerned about mattress quality and potential noise isolation issues. You generally get better mattresses at the mods. Plus the walls are thicker.

Pop is fine, though. I’m sure you’ll like it.

Interesting assessment, given that it's designated as a double bed because it holds two people :confused3

Maybe not entirely comfortably, but 54 inches is wide enough for two.

hah well, this logic might fall apart when we think about 'twin' beds.

But in any case, I agree, a double can fit two. My family of 2 adults, a dog, and a cat on a double bed for years. It's cozy though, and not what I would choose for a vacation. Bed size is one of a few key reasons we've not tried a value resort yet.

hah well, this logic might fall apart when we think about 'twin' beds.

Bed size is one of a few key reasons we've not tried a value resort yet.

LOL

I get it! Bed size is not my biggest issue. Mine is transportation (number of options, number of stops, distance from destination, distance of my room from the option) balanced with overall cost & value.

This thread is getting funnier by the post! Thanks for the giggles fellow dis'ers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!