Newlyweds sharing a bed-value resorts

Princess Jeanette

Earning My Ears
Hey all, I have kind of an odd question. My fiancé and I will eventually be taking a Disney World honeymoon/anniversary trip.
I see that the only queen beds at the value resorts are at Art of Animation and All Stars Music suites. Ummm...how to 2 fully grown adults share a bed at the value Resorts? I know that they are small rooms, but really?? I was hoping to start off at a value Resort and then change to a moderate, but now that doesn’t seem feasible. Thanks!!

There are SOME rooms at each of the value resorts that have a queen bed instead of two beds. You can request such a room; however there are no guarantees. That being said, something we did discover is that unless it is a room with the murphy beds, you can push the two double beds together and it makes a surprisingly comfortable larger bed. Just leave a nice note and tip asking for housekeeping to please leave them that way.

Ummm...how to 2 fully grown adults share a bed at the value Resorts?

Ummmm, easily! Unless one or both of you is pooh sized (sorry, you didn't specify this as an issue). We have a queen at home & easily shared a double at the values. Not a big deal.

ETA: we cannot touch at all or we can't sleep, again sleeping in the double was no biggie, also your exhausted when you hit the sheets at WDW.

Last edited:

It depends on when you go because all the values are going to get re-modeled with queen beds. They started AS Movies, but it's on hold...not sure when it'll be done. I know Pop also has King bed rooms, you could try to request one of those too.

I think I read somewhere that there is six inches difference in the full size vs. queen beds at WDW, but I can't remember where.

DH & I have slept in the full sized beds at the values on six trips with no problems.

i admit, like others i don’t completely get the outrage. but if you want a king bed, you have lots of options at moderate resorts. the mansion side of POR is beautiful (not a royal room—no kings), or POFQ.

Ahh, I was going to add that my DD and her DH have been sharing a double bed for 5 years. I have been married over 30 years and we often sleep in separate beds in hotels, but I can understand not wanting separate beds on your honeymoon!

There are SOME rooms at each of the value resorts that have a queen bed instead of two beds.
This is not accurate.
There are no queen beds at All Star Sports;
Queen beds at aAoA and All Star Music are in only the family suite bedrooms;
Only the renovated rooms at All Star Movies have queen beds.
I think I read somewhere that there is six inches difference in the full size vs. queen beds at WDW, but I can't remember where.

DH & I have slept in the full sized beds at the values on six trips with no problems.
Seven inches, actually, but standard throughout the mattress industry. Not unique to WDW at all.

Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that I’m Pooh sized. Hopefully, I won’t be by then though
Hello, I'm pooh sized and my boyfriend is skinny but tall (6'4"). We have shared a double in an All Star and it was cozy. He likes to scrunch up and cuddle, so it wasn't a big deal.
If both of you are pooh sized, it could still be fine OR a bit too cozy, depending on size variation of your bodies.

If you think it's just going to give you extra anxiety or it may not work out, the Moderates are quite pooh accommodating :)

Oh, you can also request a King Bed room. All values have them. Of course, a request, not a guarantee.

Oh, you can also request a King Bed room. All values have them. Of course, a request, not a guarantee.

And I would be willing to bet if the OP mentioned it was a honeymoon trip, they would try very hard to fulfill the request for a king. It's still just a request, but I'm sure they take things like that into account if more than one person requests the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter