Newly potty trained in nursery

Philharmagicfamily

Earning My Ears
Our DS2 is recently potty trained and will be in the nursery for a bit on our upcoming cruise.

Is there a bathroom in the nursery? If so, do they help kids with the potty there (e.g., pushing down pants, wiping, reminding to use soap when washing hands)?

I'm also interested in this topic. My 2.5 year old is recently potty trained and she's good 9/10 times and she still needs help pulling up pants and wiping. We sail in less than 3 weeks on the Wonder. Worst case scenario we won't put her in the nursery as often as we had planned.

I believe they can help in the nursery.

My guy wet the bed while napping there.

They got him in clean clothes and returned the soiled stuff in a bag.

They were completely unconcerned about any of it.
No call, no problem.

Just a "return our clothes when you get a chance."

The big difference between nursery and club is that nursery doesn't expect PT. They can deal with diapers.

If they can diaper, helping in this sense seems minor.

Club does not do toilet. Period.

We were on the Wonder when my daughter was almost 3 and potty trained, but still had to go in the nursery. They didn't have a toilet in the nursery but a cast member took her over to the club to use the toilet there. I'm not sure if the larger ships have a toilet in the nursery, but she was super pumped to get to go over to the club for the "outing".

We were on the Wonder when my daughter was almost 3 and potty trained, but still had to go in the nursery. They didn't have a toilet in the nursery but a cast member took her over to the club to use the toilet there. I'm not sure if the larger ships have a toilet in the nursery, but she was super pumped to get to go over to the club for the "outing".

But on the deck plan, it shows a restroom right inside the Nursery, and another restroom right beside it in the Oceaneer Club. Why would they take your daughter over to the Club?

But on the deck plan, it shows a restroom right inside the Nursery, and another restroom right beside it in the Oceaneer Club. Why would they take your daughter over to the Club?

Good question! I never looked at the deck plan to confirm, the staff did say there wasn't one in there. If there is, it's possible that the club is set up for little ones, but the Nursery washroom is for staff?

Last edited:
What deck plan?

I believe the Magic class ships do not have a toilet in the nursery. But the Dream class ships do.

What deck plan?

I believe the Magic class ships do not have a toilet in the nursery. But the Dream class ships do.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships/deck-plans/
Switch it to Disney Wonder at the top, then select Deck 5. I initially thought that maybe those bathrooms were for the theater, but if you look at the aft elevators, there are two bathrooms there, presumably for the theater entrance. So that's why I'm wondering if those two bathrooms in the kids areas are truly for that purpose.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships/deck-plans/
Switch it to Disney Wonder at the top, then select Deck 5. I initially thought that maybe those bathrooms were for the theater, but if you look at the aft elevators, there are two bathrooms there, presumably for the theater entrance. So that's why I'm wondering if those two bathrooms in the kids areas are truly for that purpose.

I definitely see what you mean. The more I think of it though, the more I don't remember seeing a bathroom like that at the back of the nursery. Maybe it is one large bathroom accessed through the club, and no door from the nursery.

I believe those restrooms on the deck plans are publicly accessed from the hallway. The deck plans don’t show the restrooms that are accessed within the club/lab or nursery.

Enjoy your vacation!

I believe those restrooms on the deck plans are publicly accessed from the hallway. The deck plans don’t show the restrooms that are accessed within the club/lab or nursery.

Enjoy your vacation!
Is there a hallway on that side of the ship?

Those are the bathrooms inside the Club. Same with the ones on the far side of the Lab

Maybe I’m looking at it backwards...? I remember restrooms somewhere on the hallway outside the Club. But DD aged out a few years ago so it’s been a while.
The family bathroom? It was technically outside of the club space but the hallway it was in could be accessed from the outside by CMs

Hi all - DS 3 was potty training during our last cruise in September on the Magic. There is no potty in the nursery but there is a cast member only door that connects the nursery to the kids club where they take the kids that are either fully or partially trained in the nursery. The cast members in the nursery helped him with the potty and helped when he had an accident by changing his clothes and cleaning him up. They were fantastic! I’m glad he’s getting more proficient so next cruise he’ll be confident in the kids club. Happy cruise to you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter